Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

M35A2 Part 5: Bobbed deuce going to a new home in TX - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M35A2 Part 5: Bobbed deuce going to a new home in TX

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I love municibid....can find tons of good stuff.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    Saw this item up for auction. Look around the site, some tires also and a few motors.

http://www.municibid.com/detail.asp?...ary-Heater-Kit

And for some reason, you came to mind
    You're so thoughtful! You shouldn't have!

Seriously though, I didn't need another site to prowl haha.

I already have a arctic cover for the front but I'm curious what else is in that kit. Maybe an oil heater for in the cab and the top and side covers for the hood. Maybe a battery tray heater and an oil pan heater.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 01-11-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Got two trailers for a great price.

M105A2 1-1/2 ton trailer - decent condition, needs some TLC, good tires, needs the landing leg bolted back on, has a green vinyl cover, I plan to fix it up and make an insulated camper that fits inside the cover so it looks unmodified.

M103A2 1-1/2 ton flat bed generator trailer - good tires, rusty, going to be used for bobber parts if I go that route.

I cleaned up this weekend on my parts run to Maryland to get some stuff from a guy parting out an M35A2 that got rear-ended. $400 got me:

2 complete Rockwell air shift transfer cases
    -both have all the parking brake parts on them
    -1 that came out of the truck has a cracked mounting boss - going to weld it
    -1 that the guy had as a spare that will not shift between high and low while rolling - needs inspected inside
    -I can build one working case out of both easily, but I want to try and save both
    -All air lines and dash switch came with them
    1 master cylinder
    1 short air pack, hopefully interchangeable with my older long air pack (confirmed - directly interchangeble)
    1 fuel tank with 10 gallons of clean #2 diesel in it, pump, sending unit, and mounting brackets
    1 box of misc nuts and bolts for mounting the transfer case
    1 front driveshaft
    1 transmission to transfer case driveshaft

He also might have to get ride of the motor and transmission ASAP so I'm going to try and work a deal with him on those for spares.

Now if I just had time to work on all this stuff!!!
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 01-16-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Hahaha your ridiculous, you made out like a bandit!
    94 YJ MTO

When I realized I'll have an extra divorced transfer case that has a high input, and about 18" lower center output front and rear, my first thought was, "Build a monster truck!"

You still want to do some tradin how we were talkin make some more room for your new part stockpile? LOL
    94 YJ MTO

Idk man I might be a part hoarder!

I do want to keep the Chevy Truggy for awhile to decide what I want to do with it. I can't remember what else we were talking about...my 3.07 XJ axles? haha
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 01-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Haha just the truggy right now Let me know what you decide to do i've got nothing but time!
    94 YJ MTO

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    I cleaned up this weekend on my parts run to Maryland to get some stuff from a guy parting out an M35A2 that got rear-ended. $400 got me:

2 complete Rockwell air shift transfer cases
    -both have all the parking brake parts on them
    -1 that came out of the truck has a cracked mounting boss - going to weld it
    -1 that the guy had as a spare that will not shift between high and low while rolling - needs inspected inside
    -I can build one working case out of both easily, but I want to try and save both
    -All air lines and dash switch came with them
    1 master cylinder
    1 short air pack, hopefully interchangeable with my older long air pack (confirmed - directly interchangeble)
    1 fuel tank with 10 gallons of clean #2 diesel in it, pump, sending unit, and mounting brackets
    1 box of misc nuts and bolts for mounting the transfer case
    1 front driveshaft
    1 transmission to transfer case driveshaft

He also might have to get ride of the motor and transmission ASAP so I'm going to try and work a deal with him on those for spares.

Now if I just had time to work on all this stuff!!!
    Picture of above listed junk:

Busted mounting boss on the one:

Right now I'm leaning towards taking the good internals from the case with the broken mount and putting them in the other case that won't shift right, as opposed to trying to weld that busted cast iron.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    One of my favorite places to buy stuff from. Ryder Fleet Products https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/r.../ryder/home.do

W38 12182

convex mirror 8" black $12.28
    S48 18350Z muffler clamp 3.5" zinc guillotine $2.48
    S48 20350ES flat band clamp 3.5" stainless steel easy seal $6.32
    ERI 1520TSA rubber bungee tarp strap 15" $0.66
    ERI 3136TSA rubber bungee tarp strap 31" $0.98
    S46 M314 gladhand seal single lip $0.35
    V84 12010 gladhand universal straight $2.45
    U80 032082 air tank drain valve 60" pull type $6.52

And shipping is flat rate based on $ amount. $7.95 shipping up to $100.

Good stuff!

This past weekend I tore down my air shift case with the bad internals. I found what looks like 30% of a bearing race in one piece in the bottom of the case and one ball bearing beat to hell. The gears all look good. The ball bearing must be from the shift mechanism on the top shaft because I can't see where it came from. The last owner must of pulled out the rest of the pieces.

I'm going to clean it up this weekend and swap the good internals into it from the cracked mount case.

Saturday I'm picking up 7 new NDT tires for $300 and some other spare parts at bargain prices: rebuilt injection pump assembly, injectors, air compressor, maybe a turbo etc.

Gonna give the screw a twist as well?
    94 YJ MTO

Once the pyrometer is in, then I shall roll more coal.

This past weekend I put a fuel pressure gauge in the secondary filter assembly bleed screw 1/8" NPT port. I thought I read the fuel pressure there was less than 10psi, but it pegged that small Mr Gasket gauge I had, so I put on a 120psi gauge and I'm seeing 20-60 psi. Whatever! Looks good to me.

This weekend I have plenty to do. I have new NDTs to put on. I bought 7 NEW NDTs on deuce wheels for $300 from a guy in the south hills. For another $300 he sold me a take off complete air compressor, complete injection pump with hydraulic pump and all pressure lines!!!!!!, and 2 sets of used injectors, and he threw in a NOS master cylinder in a sealed box. What a deal! He also gave me 450 lbs of old deuce batteries which I offered to haul away. That got me $65 at the scrap yard. Score! The guy has tons of other parts if anyone is in need. 5 ton, 2.5 ton, HEMTT wheels, etc and he is located in the south hills.

I also need to get that pyrometer installed this weekend, and finish the air shift transfer case rebuild. I just have to clean the internals, set the backlash, and bolt it all together.

Now that I'm familiar with the internals, I know I can build another complete air shift case from my old sprag and my extra air shift parts. More work...

Here is the transfercase build up: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/8...odgepodge.html

Page 3 has pictures of the big pieces of bearing I pulled out of the case with the bad internals.

I now have heaters installed in my little oil refinery too: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/alterna...ering-wmo.html

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    What kind of 5 ton junk does he have laying around? I need a spare hemmtt wheel, any idea if he would sell just one and how much he wants for it?
    03 Cummins 6 speed pulls around my 84 chev 1 ton on 44"s. 427BBC, 5.13's and detroits. Shortened 28". Some day I'll finish it
    1969 M35A2 "Deuce and a half" with winch, singled out. SOLD
    1972 M818 on 53"s with a 855ci Cummins. SOLD
    99 4runner winter hoopty

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    You must have one hell of a garage. Did you need to get a whole new level of tool to work on these things?

He saw he has 2 sets of 6, so I don't think he would part with one, but he might have more. He has TONS of stuff, ridiculous, so figure out what you could use and email him. I'll text you his email.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    You must have one hell of a garage. Did you need to get a whole new level of tool to work on these things?
    Ya, I can accomplish anything with enough time and money at my parent's place. All we're missing is a lift, and I'm trying to get my neighbor to move his mill and lathe closer so it isn't as far down the road. My dad used to own his own small landscaping outfit. He sold the dump truck and trailer and the crawler loader, but kept the backhoe, so we still have all the big tools. 3/4 drive socket sets and such. Thanks dad! The deuce is actually really easy to work on and barely ever requires special tools or the 3/4 drive set.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    He saw he has 2 sets of 6, so I don't think he would part with one, but he might have more. He has TONS of stuff, ridiculous, so figure out what you could use and email him. I'll text you his email.
    Thanks. Sent him an email
    03 Cummins 6 speed pulls around my 84 chev 1 ton on 44"s. 427BBC, 5.13's and detroits. Shortened 28". Some day I'll finish it
    99 4runner winter hoopty

Trail Leader
    Josh, Pat or ??? I am looking for a couple of the military jerry can holders. I have a friend who also might want a couple if maybe this guy might have any. Or if either of you have some. Let me know but didn't want to put a ton into them. Thanx.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000]If it has Wheels and involves dirt...I can Break it!!

Red Jeep Club Member #640
    Z.O.R.U. #300[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm also looking for those! I could mount 4 more on the deuce (2 on the rear fenders and 2 on the back of the front bumper). Those things are about $20 online. Screw that.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I've been looking for a Jerry Can, haven't see any holders lately
    99 4runner winter hoopty

I actually stopped to see a guy yesterday that has a lot of jerry cans in his barn. He is going to call me when he gets them all dug out.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Keep me in the loop on this stuff. For the right price I'd be interested.

Pass on this guys info to me if you could.

Trail Leader
    Pat, I am sure I can come up with at least one maybe 2 cans for ya. I have 4 gas and 2 water. Is why I am looking for the holders or I am gonna mod some somehow. Will let ya know soon on the cans tho. Was wanting to run with at least one each for the trails. A just in case thing.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000]If it has Wheels and involves dirt...I can Break it!!

Red Jeep Club Member #640
    Z.O.R.U. #300[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thread Information