Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Trailers - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailers

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZINHALFDOZZEN View Post
    My old hillsboro has always been good to me.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I don't go easy on it
    Thats about the size o the trailer I have now. LOL Mine is a 26k pintle though. Do you know of anyone looking for a trailer of that size? I will be selling it unless I trade it in.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    is that a 10k ? what is the length? and how wide between the wheel wells?
    I am in FL (temporarily) and don't have the trailer or details with me but that samurai is stretched to 100" WB and is running toyota axle's with plenty of room to spare. Have towed my corvette and my dad's 57' chevy belair across a few states and it does very well. Trailer brakes standard. I want to say it's an 8K trailer w' 19' length and dovetail but I'm not certain. Spare tire and rim included, check this link for the specs on that one.. but I am not 100% sure that is the one. http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heavy...LUXE-p309.html
    Last edited by jdetar; 02-28-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Suzuki Samurai (kind of)...
    Some Quad's...

19 would be a little tight, and 8K may be a little light for what I have planned. That is a great price though! I may be interested. If you could let me know the exact specs when ever you get a chance I would apriceate it.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

PghOffRoad Regular
    np. I'll give them a call and see what the specs are, I'm curious myself as it's been several years now...
    Suzuki Samurai (kind of)...
    Some Quad's...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! 13below0's Avatar
    Thats a good deal right there. The lawimore trailers were $3100 delivered to majestic trailer in ohio. I believe $2600 if you pick it up at the plant. That was a few months ago so the prices may have changed.
    SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL WELDER...

Less posting, more wheeling! MemorEsto's Avatar
    If Jeff doesn't want it I might... Good price
    Acer Offroad A♦A♣A♠A♥

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    If Jeff and MemorEsto pass I'll take it. Just finished my Heep, need a hauler I'm only 76" wide which looks like it would easily fit and not looking to haul anything but the Jeep.
    02 Wrangler - Cut stretched and getting 1tons
    Companies that have treated me well
    [URL="http://www.4wd.com"]www.4wd.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.completeoffroad.com"]www.completeoffroad.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.currieenterprises.com/"]www.currieenterprises.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.northridge4x4.com"]www.northridge4x4.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.polyperformance.com/"]www.polyperformance.com[/URL]
    [U][COLOR=#0066cc][URL="http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com"]www.ruffstuffspecialties.com[/URL][/COLOR][/U]
    [URL="http://www.tuffyproducts.com"]www.tuffyproducts.com[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/"][COLOR=#ffcc00]http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I beat all you bitches with a pm. Hahaha
    In on it if tjblair passes.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    That one is only 7k butI was looking at some of their ther trailers, I believe it was the L6 ( feel like Im ordering at long johns) but it was pretty far out of my price range. I couldnt fit in an enclosed trailer and those would definitly be out of my price range. as for the Rain and cold....thats what the pop-up will be for
    They have a heavier axle (5200) that would do the job. The nice thing is that they are 102" wide, but they aren't as high as a deck over. Two friends have them and really like them.

I absolutely hate my TWF trailer. Wiring blows! Every possible connection corroded.

Tip of the day: register in Maine! You never need an inspection, and it's hellish cheap. www.staabagency.com will do it for you.
    Something catchy goes here.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! mxg342's Avatar
    any one ever used one from Altmyer?
    Yep. I have a 2005 9k lb 18' flat deck quality trailer. The only thing quality is the name of it. It does tow nice but it came with car tires and like Justin said, wiring has been a nightmare. The trailer does twist quite a bit. For the money I would look elsewhere.

One thought on overhanging the pop up is to make sure you don't limit the turning radius. I know that there have been times that I have had to jackknife my truck and trailer and the standard tongue length is barely enough. You may want to get a custom built setup so you have a longer tongue.
    84 CJ7 with some stuff....

2005 Dodge - Tow Pig 462/865

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I tow my jeep on a 16' long deck trailer and I would cal the the bare minimum for hauling a cherokee. We've upgraded it a lot: steel grating deck replaced wood planks, made some fold down ramps, eliminated the railing around the deck to load ATVs sideways and reinforced the lower frame. I would have to make drive-over fenders to be able to haul a rig on full width axles unfortunately. The cherokee on 33x12-50s barely fits. Tows really nice though.

I would like to pick up a pintle hitch, deck-over trailer to tow behind the deuce.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Thats about the size o the trailer I have now. LOL Mine is a 26k pintle though. Do you know of anyone looking for a trailer of that size? I will be selling it unless I trade it in.
    I would have been interested if it was gooseneck.
    03 Cummins 6 speed pulls around my 84 chev 1 ton on 44"s. 427BBC, 5.13's and detroits. Shortened 28". Some day I'll finish it
    1969 M35A2 "Deuce and a half" with winch, singled out. SOLD
    1972 M818 on 53"s with a 855ci Cummins. SOLD
    99 4runner winter hoopty

PM Joshs1ofakindXJ, me and him were chatting last night when he came to get some waste oil, he may very well be interested in it.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13below0 View Post
    30' gooseneck deckover. If your going to tow alot dont even mess with a tag along.
    I have a 30' deckover goose. I've towed with tons of tags and none of them compare to towing a gooseneck. Mines a Golden. I've had it for about a year now and have towed it to Utah and back and all over Ohio and Pa. I've been very happy with it so far.
    06 Jeep Unlimited

Towing it with an excursion. So a gooseneck is not going to work

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I have 2 Corn Pro's, 25' goosekneck and an 18' tag construction trailer. They each have their place. I can get the goosekneck in many places the tag trailer never will go. I put most of the miles on the goosekneck.

I also have an 8' popup camper that the plan was to make removable from it's frame and go on the front of the goosekneck trailer. So far I really haven't found the need to do so. Everywhere I wanted to go camping with the Jeep, I just pulled the camper with the Jeep and drove it. Would call back home to bring the truck and trailer to rescue the jeep and camper if I broke beyond reasonable repair. So far that hasn't happend. But it is nice to know both the jeep and camper trailer will fit on my Goosekneck.

Corn Pro's are tops in my book for trailer brands, thats why I have 2 of the same brand. No complaints on quality or durability.

I usually use a Featherlite, but it's not cheap and too short for a camper and a Jeep. I am looking to do the same putting my pop-up on the front and the CJ on the rear. I love this one for the camper hauler set up. The rear is a tilt deck and the fixed front is large enough for the camper:
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

any one ever used one from Altmyer?
    i wouldnt buy from them again. I walked in with cash to buy my trailer, they didnt want to get up out of their chair to show me what they had since i was not buying a weekend warrior decked out $100k trailer. when they finally came out to show me what they had i saw they all had car tires on them. i asked if the tires were car tires or trailer tires, salesman said they are all trailer tires... it went in to the shop for the inspection and pre delivery check with silver blade wheels (and passenger car tires) and came out with white wheels and trailer tires. MXG342 and another guy bought trailers before me and they had passenger car tires. so basically if i hadnt called them on it they woulda sold it with the car tires. it was just shady.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

you might want to look into what those pop ups weigh. They're sometimes heavier than you think...

even at 10k lbs, you're going to be close with a TJ on it. my corn pro 7k lb weighs 2300 lbs unloaded. add 4500 for the jeep and i'm about at capacity.

even with a 10k lb trailer, you're going to be very close to capacity with a pop up on it too...

just a thought.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Quote Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
    i wouldnt buy from them again. I walked in with cash to buy my trailer, they didnt want to get up out of their chair to show me what they had since i was not buying a weekend warrior decked out $100k trailer. when they finally came out to show me what they had i saw they all had car tires on them. i asked if the tires were car tires or trailer tires, salesman said they are all trailer tires... it went in to the shop for the inspection and pre delivery check with silver blade wheels (and passenger car tires) and came out with white wheels and trailer tires. MXG342 and another guy bought trailers before me and they had passenger car tires. so basically if i hadnt called them on it they woulda sold it with the car tires. it was just shady.
    nick and i both bought our corn pro's from the dealer out by 4wd hardware. They were great. i'd recommend them again in a heartbeat.

Ryan, The frame axel and tires will be removed. As well as anything inside not needed. Ill gut the thing if I have to. The only thing I really need in it are the beds. The few I have looked at have been really light. Most of the ones I have been looking at have been around 1600# Im thinking that I should be able to get the weight down to 500#-700# pretty easy.
    Last edited by tjblair; 02-28-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Ryan, The frame axel and tires will be removed. As well as anything inside not needed. Ill gut the thing if I have to. The only thing I really need in it are the beds. The few I have looked at have been really light. Most of the ones I have been looking at have been around 1600# Im thinking that I should be able to get the weight down to 500#-700# pretty easy.
    you know what, i was thinking of the slide ins that guys put on goosenecks. they're surprisingly heavy. my bad.

Nope just a tent camper.
    Not this exact one but something along these lines
    http://www.clemstrailersales.com/rv/viking/foldingcamper/1089/Viking_2107_
    T
    hat one weighs in at 1700 and it is a 10 footer I would like to find an 8 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    nick and i both bought our corn pro's from the dealer out by 4wd hardware. They were great. i'd recommend them again in a heartbeat.
    Bennett Trailer
    7989 West Pine Lake Road Salem, OH 44460
    (330) 533-4455

82 scrambler 383 sm465/205 37inch mtrs

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! 13below0's Avatar
    Buzzenhalfdozzen you looking for a gooseneck? If so pm me. Got a 30'
    SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL WELDER...

Thread Information