Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Any Opinions, Experience On, Or With, a Kimber Super Carry Pro 4 inch barrel 1911 45 Auto?

Thread: Any Opinions, Experience On, Or With, a Kimber Super Carry Pro 4 inch barrel 1911 45 Auto?

Noob!

Any Opinions, Experience On, Or With, a Kimber Super Carry Pro 4 inch barrel 1911 45 Auto?

I just bought the pistol and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. The counter guy at Ace Sporting Goods in Washington, PA could not give a highr recommendation as he owns and carries one while working at the shop.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Guys at Ace know their stuff. Does Kimber recomend a breakin period? With any 1911, I say try a few different boxes of ball before you run hollow points through, and then make sure it likes a particular load.

More shooting = more rane time = more fun

Noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Guys at Ace know their stuff. Does Kimber recomend a breakin period? With any 1911, I say try a few different boxes of ball before you run hollow points through, and then make sure it likes a particular load.

More shooting = more rane time = more fun
    Yes, booklet stated a break in period. Eagle FMJ's already bought and will try out this weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've a Kimber Custom Classic that shoots like a dream. I don't think I've ever had a malfunction with it. I got it used so I can't speak to the break in.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    They're nice guns! About 4 years ago my neighbor had a new one that would slam fire and go full auto right out of the box (saw it happen), and (almost unfortunately) they fixed that right away.

Noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    They're nice guns! About 4 years ago my neighbor had a new one that would slam fire and go full auto right out of the box (saw it happen), and (almost unfortunately) they fixed that right away.
    WOW!!

I would have left it that way,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Couldn't afford that much 45!

Noob!
    Just shot the Kimber SCP today. As mentioned earlier I used American Eagle Ful Metal Jacketed bullets. All shots were of semi-rapid fire to test functioning.

Not one jam, mis-fire, or any problem at all. Pistol shot like a dream and is very accurate.

A Keeper!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Less posting, more wheeling!

Cool

I have a 4" TLE/RL II. Good nightstand gun for me (I carry a S&W 1911 stainless - less bulky than this).

Gotta nice Ultra Covert II as well, for pocket carry. I NEVER would have splurged for the Crimson Trace grips seperately, but as part of the factory package, they're alright! Pictured here with my OTHER pocket carry - Taurus 605

'07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Noob!
    Nice equiptment there!!

I am considering the Crimson Trace Laser grips, similar to yours. Any opinion on them, besides the expense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Less posting, more wheeling!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMike View Post
    Nice equiptment there!!

I am considering the Crimson Trace Laser grips, similar to yours. Any opinion on them, besides the expense?
    They DO work as advertised (the point & aim is true, but if you're a righty, & USED to indexing your trigger finger along the frame, you WILL end up BLOCKING the laser! ) and the battery life seems quite good. Still on the original battery though - can't wait to see how much of a bear they are to change...
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    My CT Lasergrip on my LCP goes through about a battery a year. CT will send you replacement batteries for free (once a year). Didn't take much to change, at least in that application. Nice product. Nice guns btw!

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

Thread Information