Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: The Shooting and Firearms For Sale/Wanted/For Trade/Free Thread

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    i'll give that aimpoint a good home if you decide to sell it
    If the rifle sells without it, you got first crack at it!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Withdrawn
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 04-30-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Exclamation WTS: Aimpoint Pro in ADM68 mount

Sold
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 04-30-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Trail Leader
    I'm looking at buying a sig P226 on armslist. Have any of you guys purchased anything on there? Is there anything I should be aware of before I make the purchase? I never bought a used firearm online so I'm hoping to avoid pitfalls. Thanks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy595 View Post
    I'm looking at buying a sig P226 on armslist. Have any of you guys purchased anything on there? Is there anything I should be aware of before I make the purchase? I never bought a used firearm online so I'm hoping to avoid pitfalls. Thanks
    I've bought & sold firearms off Armslist, but there's a LOTTA sketchiness out there to beware of. If you're buying locally, that solves some problems. While a private sale is legal, a local FFL transfer is safer, and assures you're not getting a REPORTED stolen firearm. You can even have the on-site 'smitty look it over (which the seller should have NO OBJECTION to... unless he's selling you a boat anchor), to make sure it's not obviously broken. I've never owned a Sig, so I wouldn't know the first thing to look for; as a 1911 guy, I WOULD know what I'm looking at with those. Keep such things in mind.

If he ABSOLUTELY refuses to work with an FFL - EVEN if you pay the fees - run away. NOW. Something's wrong with him, or the firearm, or BOTH.

If he wants to meet in a dark alley, at 3am, in a strange part of town, for a CASH-ONLY deal - run away. NOW.

If you're comfortable on meeting time & place, but he then demands MORE money when you arrive, run away. NOW.

If you're comfortable on meeting time & place, but he then starts telling you about all the problems/things wrong with the firearm, and how EASY they'll be to fix, run away. NOW.

If the gun is coming from out of state, and he doesn't want to go through an FFL - either in shipping it, or you receiving it (which IS illegal in ALL 50 states, btw) - run away. NOW.

If it's coming from out of state, and he WON'T send you a picture of him & the gun in front of something like The Weather Channel (poor man's "timestamp") - to make sure he actually HAS the gun he SAYS he's sending you - run away. NOW.

If he demands some funktacular payment, like, a pre-paid credit card, silver bullion, or some hinky on-line payment (Apple pay, Paypal without the buyer protection, et.al.), run away. NOW.

If he says ANYTHING about NOT having the gun IN HAND (gotta get it back from his brother-in-law first, etc.), run away. NOW.

If ANY Part of the serial # is defaced (and this is an in-person, private deal), run away. NOW.

And with ALL that said... ... Armslist isn't usually that bad - especially a local deal. Thankfully, I've NEVER had any of these issues in 9+ years as a member... but these ARE what would raise a red flag with me. I've bought expensive Aimpoint optics, and even a used AR BCG recently, OUT of state, through Armslist, and never had a problem. I've also passed on deals that SEEMED "too good to be true," and sometimes discovered - they WERE (I bookmarked them under "favorites," to watch and see what happened).

If a deal FEELS wrong... trust your instinct. It beats trusting your bunkie... in prison.

Thread Information