Quote Originally Posted by HoodRN View Post
Dave, perhaps you should say "some" LEOs. I'm an LEO, I work for the PGC. Most, if not all, of my field contacts are armed. Better armed than me in fact. As long as we are still a society of laws, power isn't coming from the barrel of a sidearm, it's coming from the law. I'm in the field to enforce the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. I make it a point to stay up to speed on PA statutes so that I have less of a chance of looking as foolish as those officers did on tape. That being said, the most potent weapon you possess is not in a holster, it's between your ears. I have witnessed open carrying for no other reason than to generate a confrontation with police. These guys are not carrying for protection, or even sports (hunting), they are carrying to make a "statement". IMHO, these guys are not helping the cause of gun ownership/right to carry. Any publicity they generate is usually negative (with the non gun owning public). One well publicized incident in another part of the state led to a lawsuit by an OCer against local police who had arrested him after an OC "event". As far as I know, his suit went nowhere, and he has become much less of an "activist". As others have said, OC is legal in PA, and most LEOs that I know have no problem at all with it. However, there will always be a small minority that insist on "poking the skunk". Unfortunately, they will continue to get all of the attention.