Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pittsburgh Police and Open Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Police and Open Carry

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I dont have a CCWP or LCTF. I dont have an option to conceal. I dont do it to draw attention, make a statement, educate anyone or just because I can.
    I can legally get one. I dont need one since I am legally allowed to open carry.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    But only as long as you are walking from your home. to legally transport in a vehicle, you would have to unload, case, and be on your way to one of the few restricted points of destination as in the PA Uniform Firearms Act.

So unless you only go out on foot, you would be breaking the law.

In WV (Where I live) you can OC in a vehicle without restriction.
    When I travel into PA or through I unload and case it until Im at my destination.
    If (which I try to avoid at all costs) I travel to Md (insert other restrictive states here) I leave it at home.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Traveling through MD is sketchy with a firearm to say the least. I lock and separate, but still has me nervous.

I dont even want to get into the conversation I had with the Md State Police about carrying in a vehicle.

Woman's movement in the 60's and 70's. A VERY respectable cause.

BUT, lets face it, sometimes the bra is better left on.

My point? Use your judgment. I didn't watch the OP but I've got an idea. The reality is that there is a place for everything and that's because people are stupid. People being stupid is the NUMBER 1 reason for many issues today, especially when it comes to rights being taken away.

Control of the masses. The world caters to idiots. Big brother steps in and does all it knows how to do... What the hell else is new.

I respect those that exercise their rights but to think you're going to do it in downtown pittsburgh, a place where shootings occur at random quite a few times a year, and not get any special attention from the people in charge of cleaning up those shootings, is a bit naive. Again, stupid people ruining it for the rest of us.

But hey, if you're willing to go out of your way to do what's within your rights even though it runs against the "norms", more power to you. A line must be drawn somewhere right?

I agree with the right to OC and think its sad whenever ANY right gets taken away, but I also feel that there is a bit of common sense that must be involved and I can think of a handfull of people I know personally that I'm glad aren't armed.
    Last edited by Deadman 94 xj; 04-18-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Previously "TurboTJ"
    Richmond, Virginia formerly Cranberry TWP.
    Great post except for the androgynous/boy in the second row center of the picture.... I mean not everyone is a looker in the top picture.. but there are redeming qualities to all (boobs) but thats sorta sketch. ohh and good points too I agree.
    "Mixing my hobby with my profession sucked- thats why I wheeled my toolbox home- to jeep more."

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    I am a huge advocate of the 2nd amendment, I also think that there is a time and a place to carry a firearm. OC is legal, that doesn't mean that it isn't going to have law enforcement providing you with a little more attention because you may choose to do it. Hell, if someone is practing their right to open carry they are certainly going to be on my radar while in my presence. It is a safety issue from the law enforcement officers position. You have no idea what the guys intentions are. You have no idea what he is up to, or why he would take the stance of OC vs. the traditional concealed carry approach that is much more socially acceptable.

I carry all the time. The only time you see me with a visibly exposed firearm is when I am working. If I am not in uniform, but still working with an exposed firearm, then my badge is right next to my holster. Why? To prevent the panic associated with the random "guy with a gun" as seen by the public. I agree that while OC is legal, it isn't necessarily smart. It causes attention to be drawn to the person wearing the firearm. Most of them have the drama queen thing going on anyway. They walk around screaming "Look at me, I'm exercising my right to carry a gun!" Like I said, drama queens. Why not just take the time to get the permit to concealed carry and do just that? The whole point of having the firearm is self protection at that point. While granted, it may make the bad guy think "I don't want problems with him, he has a gun." It may also make the bad guy just walk up and shoot the guy OCing and take the risk to himself out of the equation. The dynamic is levels upon levels deep.
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    I am a CRJ major and have taken a HELL of a lot of classes with some great instructor's and professors, and have never touched upon no duty to inform, or carry laws for the most part. It is something that needs to be taught I feel...
    Yup, I've never taken a class that deals with those types of subjects either. It might be because a lot of the students here don't intend on being a LEO after graduation, so the university doesn't seem a need for the class, especially since I'm sure that it is taught in the academy.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I grew up in a state that doesn't have OC or CC. So when I moved out west it took me some time to get used to people OCing. But now I don't give it a second glance. I notice it, But I do not go running to the phone to call the cops. Why can the police, or 911 operator not just explain that OC is legal? You don't see people calling the cops to report every person that walks out of a bar, thinking that tey may get in to a car. Unitl they get in to a car or become disorderly. they have done nothing wrong
    Last edited by tjblair; 04-18-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Quote Originally Posted by DixieJeeper View Post
    Great post except for the androgynous/boy in the second row center of the picture.... I mean not everyone is a looker in the top picture.. but there are redeming qualities to all (boobs) but thats sorta sketch. ohh and good points too I agree.

I agree. Boobs speak clearly. I figured it would help get my point accross to the hard -o-hearing.

To touch on my comment about "stupid" people...I'd like to add to that, that more dangerous than being stupid is being self-righteous, self-intitled, spoiled little bratts. People always assume they're so special. It drives me nuts.

You've got people performing sex changes? "I felt like I was born a man... Well you weren't! Suck it up! But people are so damn self-intitled that they now go out and buy body parts...WTF? That's just an example but it shows how important people thing they are.

People get what they want, period, and when they don't they whine and complain about it until they do. Conservatism doesn't stand a chance...there has to be a line drawn somewhere. You keep crossing that line because something doesn't quite sit right with "your" panties so you cross it, and keep crossing it, until the sanctity of what ever it was in the first place is lost forever. Damn cry babys.

Rant off. Not talking about anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    I grew up in a state that doesn't have OC or CC. So when I moved out west it took me some time to get used to people OCing. But now I don't give it a second glance. I notice it, But I do not go running to the phone to call the cops. Why can the police, or 911 operator not just explain that OC is legal? You don't see people calling the cops to report every drunk thinking that he may get in to a car.
    Jeff, you ever drive on 376 east, throught the squirl hill tunnels? People act like there was never a hole blown through it and they have to slow down to figure out another way over the mountain... THAT is the general public.

Today at work I had about 15 phone calls about a mysterious man walking the grounds of the School in full camo. Being in charge of maintenance I get called when no one else knows what to do. So I went and talked to the guy and all is fine.

Point being people panic, we live in a time where the goverment tells us to be alert, and report anything that troubles them... Its perfectly legal for me to buy certain things used in making a bomb, certian pesticides for instant or cleaners. But I could have the cops question me if I were to buy all those in huge amounts. Want to open carry fine, go for it. But don't start bitching when you are questioned by police, because legal as it is. People are still going to be concerned esp out in public around Consol.

Its like the kids who dress like assholes with white paint on their face and piercings all over, they love to be different. But bitch and moan when someone else beats the hell out of them for dressing funny.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    And most auto shops are filled with dope fiends and crack heads... I guess I am not the only one that can throw around random BS general statements. I mean, if we are going to sterotype based on profession then lets do that.

Oh, and Dave... I can edit too...
    I tried to play this off a little more politely. Start your own thread if you want to discuss mechanics. Start it in a different forum, though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania has defined three types of police-citizen interaction: a mere encounter, an investigative detention, and a custodial detention. A mere encounter between police and a citizen need not be supported by any level of suspicion, and carries no official compulsion on the part of the citizen to stop or to respond. An investigatory stop, which subjects a suspect to a stop and a period of detention, but does not involve such coercive conditions as to constitute an arrest, requires a reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot. A custodial search is an arrest and must be supported by probable cause. In order for the reasonable suspicion standard to be met, an officer must identify specific and articulable facts which demonstrate that criminal activity may be afoot. This is an extremely low standard and an officer could say something like "based upon my experience this is a high crime area and the person was wearing gang colors." I think the officers were completely warranted in detaining the guys because they were trespassing on Consol Energy Center property.

The bottom line is that this guy is a complete jackass. What do you expect is going to happen when you carry a gun openly post 9/11 at a major event? Like someone else mentioned, just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should do it.
    [COLOR=darkorchid][/COLOR]

I'm out with Bill and DMG right now. They're working out their issues. I'm getting ready to take cover.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    ^hahahaha

^take video
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    ^take video
    I open carried so he tazed me. Then I left the lug nuts loose on his jeep so his wheels came off and he hit a bus full of orphans. So nothing unusual or worth videotaping.

HaHa nice!

Quote Originally Posted by dmg View Post
    i open carried so he tazed me. Then i left the lug nuts loose on his jeep so his wheels came off and he hit a bus full of orphans. So nothing unusual or worth videotaping.
    lmfao

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    I open carried so he tazed me. Then I left the lug nuts loose on his jeep so his wheels came off and he hit a bus full of orphans. So nothing unusual or worth videotaping.
    I heard there was canle light, soft music and you 2 drove off in a Suby station wagon at the end of the night.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

But you can vote for Obama without ID

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scout View Post
    It seemed to me at the beginning of the recording the cop was just asking for ID. Not really a big deal hell you can't even pay your water bill with out showing photo ID..
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    Woman's movement in the 60's and 70's. A VERY respectable cause.

is that tyra banks?
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    is that tyra banks?

I think it is. She's like a mutant. Looks the same even back in the 60's.

Mutant Banks.

Thread Information