Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best prices for ammo

Previously "TurboTJ"
    Richmond, Virginia formerly Cranberry TWP.

Best prices for ammo

Ok I know cheaperthandirt is good on ammo prices but looking to stock up on 5.56/.223 ammo for my AR (along with everyone else). Any recomendations on other shops.

Right now 420 rounds of 5.56 from ctd in a ammo can is 189.00
    "Mixing my hobby with my profession sucked- thats why I wheeled my toolbox home- to jeep more."

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Hoovers in Rockwood had a 1000 rounds for $300 a while back give them a call 814-926-4011
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gD5vDm_Cx0[/URL]

Previously "TurboTJ"
    Pretty much everyone I call, shop on line are all out of stock without an ETA or 1-2 week B/O on bulk 5.56

Even Browns where I bought the AR said he was having problems getting 5.56 and also was starting to see longer and longer shortages of AR parts and rifles.
    "Mixing my hobby with my profession sucked- thats why I wheeled my toolbox home- to jeep more."

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    gun-deals.com/ammo

If you are just looking for something to shoot, Walmart has Tula for $4 something a box.

Less posting, more wheeling!

Exclamation

The crush is on, given that Mittens will fulfill the trifecta of RINO Losers (Bob DULL/John McCAN'T/Mittens ), and Der Kommissar Obamassar will likely try and ban EVERYTHING upon re-coronation, since he'll have no need to worry about answering to ANYBODY in a second term. Shortages are already worse than they were in '08, '00, '96, and '92, and I KNOW, because I was buying guns and ammo before all THOSE elections, too!

IF/WHEN you can find it on-line, GET it. I was at Gander Mountain in West Mifflin the other day, and all they had was that Tula crap (COMMIE AMMO FOR COMMIE GUNS!!! AR's were NOT made for steel-cased ammo. Unless you ENJOY breaking and replacing extractors in bulk, buy steelcase for your AK, and BRASS-CASED for your AR!!!), a single hundred pack of AE XM193, and a few boxes of Wichester Q3131. QUALITY handgun ammo can't be found there either, for less than $35 a box - be it 20 JHP's, or 50 FMJ!

Since I saw the writing on the wall, and figured out which LOSER we were going to be stuck with in the fall, that's why I started stocking up in the summer... of '92!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    ^I like reading your posts with all the emphasis you put in them haha.

You can try using ammo search engines like this one: http://www.ammoengine.com/

There is a better one out there but I can't think of the name.

Sometimes Dick's has Remington UMC 223 on sale. My single shot 223 rifle loves that stuff.

Walmart is pretty much where I buy all my brass cased ammo though. Steel cased stuff comes in bulk from the land of blood and honey.

Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 04-24-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Ammotogo.com

Always buy by the thousand.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Less posting, more wheeling! MemorEsto's Avatar
    Acer Offroad A♦A♣A♠A♥

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    Ammotogo.com

Always buy by the thousand.
    http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

Right now I'm hunting for .22 LR CCI shotshell. I think it is $7 for 20 rounds at walmart. I might use a hundred rounds a weekend now that it is carpenter bee season. We hang out on the front porch and blast them all day when they get near the ole farm house.

If anyone sees them for cheap let me know. And no, the brass crimped ones are not an equal substitute. Plastic tipped CCI only. The brass ones get stuck in the chamber when they open up sometimes.

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    I buy from Natchez on occasion, prices are usually pretty good. They are pretty good about listing what is in stock and what is out on the website as well. Nothing worse than ordering a bunch and then get an email that they are actually out of stock and didn't update the website.

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?category=3

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! mxg342's Avatar
    My local shop had 500 rd cases of .223 for $150 or so when I was there yesterday.
    84 CJ7 with some stuff....

2005 Dodge - Tow Pig 462/865

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    ^I like reading your posts with all the emphasis you put in them haha.
    Thanks - it's my trademark.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Previously "TurboTJ"
    Thanks guys... and yes I bought OVER a thousand rounds. Be here in 3 days.

Trail Leader
    I have no problem finding 5.56 locally, for around 300.00/case. I buy it by the thousand as recommended by Wrecker. No trouble finding 7.62 x 39 either. When I buy .30 cal (M2) for the Garands, I get it from the CMP (www.odcmp.com) because it is still CHEAP. Get it while you can.
    78 Jeep CJ5 304 3 spd BDS w 33s

08 Subaru FXT Forester turbo wagon

06 Dodge 2500 Q-cab 4x4 Cummins

Above all else, be armed. --Machiavelli

The CMP was a GREAT source for cheap, nominally-clean .30-06 too, until THAT dried up...

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    The CMP was a GREAT source for cheap, nominally-clean .30-06 too, until THAT dried up...
    Not dried up yet. Fed-Ex just delivered an order of M2 30-06 to me on Monday, the Greek Pyrkal HXP. It's good ammo (in my experience) and it's 98.00 for 200 loose rounds in a .30 cal ammo can. Not as good as the old days (5 years ago) when they had pallets of Lake City M2 and the Danish stuff as well. It's still quite a bit less expensive than any commercial ammo.
    78 Jeep CJ5 304 3 spd BDS w 33s

08 Subaru FXT Forester turbo wagon

06 Dodge 2500 Q-cab 4x4 Cummins

Above all else, be armed. --Machiavelli

I buy from aimsurplus. Right now they only have wolf for my rifle (7.62x39) and it comes to 23c per round, but whenever they have mil surp it's closer to 20c per round.

Quote Originally Posted by pittim View Post
    I buy from aimsurplus. Right now they only have wolf for my rifle (7.62x39) and it comes to 23c per round, but whenever they have mil surp it's closer to 20c per round.
    If you're up at IUP you can probably buy 7.62x39 cheaper from Tim at Security Military Depot off of 119 just north of Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    If you're up at IUP you can probably buy 7.62x39 cheaper from Tim at Security Military Depot off of 119 just north of Indiana.
    He's more expensive than aim is (I forget by how much though, but for a brokeass college kid it was significant enough haha) I bought my converted saiga at his shop.

Previously "TurboTJ"
    all I know is I got my tracking # for my 1,000 rounds today via Forth Worth, TX.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    That greek M1 ball is federal, and shoots pretty damn nice.

Any one here ever go to mastercast? They take brass as a trade-in to drop the price down. I have some guys that shoot 10K a year and swear by them for practice ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Any one here ever go to mastercast? They take brass as a trade-in to drop the price down. I have some guys that shoot 10K a year and swear by them for practice ammo.
    Where are they located?

http://www.mastercast.net/ftp.master...ail_Sales.html

^ Finally a place to get rid of all my handgun brass.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 04-26-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    ^ I just did the math, I can still get the ultramax reman I shoot for practice out of my .40sw for $3 more at Dicks per 250 rnds and not have to exchange my brass, and probably then don't have to pay whatever shipping is on my new ammo they are sending me, or the shipping on my brass I'm sending in.....just some food for thought.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Thread Information