Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Who has a M8000 and/or a M8000i?

Thread: Who has a M8000 and/or a M8000i?

Who has a M8000 and/or a M8000i?

I need to get a measurement off of each of these winches. Post up if you have one...
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

what is the measurement? warn has a ton of product literature, and replacement part guides in .pdf format on their website...not sure if you've gone that route yet...
    If I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fuckin fart.

'01 Silverado 2500HD crew, D.D./tow pig.

'86 Jeep MJ longbed 2wd SLOWLY evolving to '99 4wd <--FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by john00TJ View Post
    i wouldnt let that dude paint my mail box, but whatever

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar

That is for the M8000 (I don't see an integrated 8000lb winch in Warn's line).
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

I have a M8000, let me know what you need. I believe the 8000i has been discontinued.
    -Jared
    2000 Jeep Tj
    3" Franken lift
    Quick Disconnects
    Rocker guards
    KC Daylighters
    etc.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    m8000 here too. let me know

I have one too, but it looks like you probably already have what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtj
    I have a M8000, let me know what you need. I believe the 8000i has been discontinued.
    I had heard that, but wasn't sure. I'm building something that I want to be sure most of the popular Warn Winches fits into. I have a 9.5xp and 9.5ti that I'm getting dimensions off of. In looking through the parts lists (good idea Steve!), I found that the M8000 & i (most likely), XD9000 & i and the HS9500 & i all use the same part for the end housing and the handle. The 9.5xp uses a unique end housing as does the 9.5ti and the lever is different than the M, XD and HS series (same as the 9.5ti though).

The Warn site doesn't have the dimensions I'm looking for unfortunately. I'm looking for:

1. the diameter of the end housing
    2. the depth of the end housing
    3. the diameter of the end of the lever (and if possible - the lever dimensions: the straight part and then the angled part)

I could also use some closeup pics like I have shown below if anyone is game... I know everyone's winches are mounted, so some angles probably aren't possible.

TIA

Last edited by Cebby; 11-01-2006 at 11:20 AM.
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

If anyone is out near Penn Hills/Verona/Oakmont/Harmar/Cheswick/Springdale/New Ken I'd love to meet up with someone and get the dims and snap a few pics.

TIA

I live in Penn Hills and got a XD9000i on the Xterra, but it's inside the bumper, might be kind of hard to get to it. The Jeep is in Cranberry and also has a XD9000i but it's exposed.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    if that winch is on the jeep, I will go out and take any pictures you need..... Its probably kinda dirty though....but, you let me know what you need and I'll get the photos.....
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Dirty is OK. I need 7 dimensions - might only be 2 if the handle is identical to my XP's.

A) the diameter of the end housing (my pic #2)
    B) the depth of the end housing (my pic #3)
    C) the handle diameter (my pic #4, 5, & 6) - pretty sure the handles are different than the XP. If it looks the same, then I'm OK with the dims I took off of mine.
    D) the handle length - in two dims - the straight part (my pic #7) and the angled part (my pic #8 ). As above, if it looks the same as my pic, then I'm OK with the dims I took off of mine.

Whoever can get me all these dims & pics will get one of these pieces I'm designing. Can't tell you what it is, but you can probably guess from all my specific questions...

Ok, I'll do it.... but, now its gonna have to wait till tomorrow because its dark outside and I dont have a light where the jeep is!

That way I'll have Jason ot help me anyway...

But, I honestly have no idea what it is, because I'm a stupid girl! ...if someone else wants the piece more and can do it no worries.
    I'd just to it to help out.
    Last edited by Alley; 11-03-2006 at 07:38 PM.
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Alley - I appreciate the help! What model of winch are you running?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! PatF10's Avatar
    i have a 9000i if that helps
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

Xd9000i

Looks like all those models share the lever/end housing setup, so I only need dims from one of them.

M8000 and M8000i
    XD9000 and XD9000i
    HS9500 and HS9500i

I just now caught what Jeep Jason was talking about... I'm not too swift sometimes...

Thanks both of you!

Ok, here is the deal. I have two different XD900i's. The one in the Jeep I am not sure how old it is, but I have the serial number. The on the in Xterra is less than a year old but I can't see the serial number. They look identical besides the handle. The handle on the newer model looks just like the one in your pictures. The one on the older model looks a bit different. I got pictures for you.

Diameter of end housing (4")
    Depth of end housing (2.375")
    Handle Diameter (.75")
    Handle Length (Straight: 1.625" Angled: 1")
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Thanks!!!! PM'd you.

Thread Information