Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Decisions decisions decisions

Thread: Decisions decisions decisions

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

Decisions decisions decisions

So i never ride anymore. i just don't have time. so i put my enduro on craigslist and got a pretty good response to it. Here's my issue.

I don't need a 6" bike. I also don't need a bike this nice. I still want a bike capable of riding trails but i need something for rails to trails as well. I like the fact my enduro is a large and not an XL on the trail. But for longer rides it has a top tube that's too short. also my tires are a bit knobby lol.

my enduro:

Also, i want to be able to put a baby seat on something. So really i need something as a dedicated rails to trails type bike.

so tonight i have a guy coming over. He has an 07 (same year as enduro) cannondale prophet 4 which is in nice shape.

That's an XL frame.... I was thinking that plus 500 bucks for my enduro.... that'd clear enough $ to buy a 5.2fx or specialized rails to trails type bike...

HOWEVER, i also just turned my gary fisher paragon in (with a broken frame) and they're going to warrenty the frame. So i'll have a new style 29er frame i can build... but i don't have any components...

just to add that in there lol
    Last edited by 2002wranglerX; 05-17-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    Dude, it's only got half a front fork.

I loved my Cannondale Jekyll with the Lefty.

So you still want two bikes? A full suspension for the single track and more of a hybrid for the RTT? If the fame fits you, why not just get the Cannondale and use it on the RTT? I assume it's got lockouts, so raise the seat when on the RTT and lock out the suspension (atleast in the rear) and go riding. Now if you plan on doing the Allegheny Passage, it's probably not the most ideal bike, but for moderate rides, I don't see it being a big deal.

If you do decide to get a dedicated RTT bike, I would still make sure it has front suspension and hybrid tires. The RTT around here can still be quite rough in places.

Take that all from someone who has not ridden in 10+ years.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    Dude, it's only got half a front fork.

I loved my Cannondale Jekyll with the Lefty.

So you still want two bikes? A full suspension for the single track and more of a hybrid for the RTT? If the fame fits you, why not just get the Cannondale and use it on the RTT? I assume it's got lockouts, so raise the seat when on the RTT and lock out the suspension (atleast in the rear) and go riding. Now if you plan on doing the Allegheny Passage, it's probably not the most ideal bike, but for moderate rides, I don't see it being a big deal.

If you do decide to get a dedicated RTT bike, I would still make sure it has front suspension and hybrid tires. The RTT around here can still be quite rough in places.

Take that all from someone who has not ridden in 10+ years.
    it's just hard to put a kid's seat on any of the above bikes lol. that's why i was thinking of going full hybrid or one of those crosstour bikes.

Trail Leader
    we should talk about bikes I have a pile of stuff
    [U][url]http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/[/url][/U]

Ok so I now have a Jekyll and a prophet lol

I also have a new superfly or xcal frame coming as a warrenty for my paragon. I'm going to move the xtr group from the Jekyll as well as the lefty over to the new frame and that'll be my rails to trails bike. And I have the prophet for real trails.

Thread Information