Thread: WOT issues, accelerator sticking please help

WOT issues, accelerator sticking please help

Hey everyone, New member here. Ill try to make this short and detailed. I have a 2012 jeep wrangler unlimited MW3 edition i bought from Monroville Jeep in january 2012. Every so often when passing on the highway at wide open throttle it sticks, stays at 4000-7000 rpm. This has happened 4 times in 3 months and almost caused a wreck each time, had to stand on the brakes and turn off the key to get it to stop. starts back up 15 minutes later and tach's to 4k-6k rpm. The dealership looked at it 3 times, hooked up their computer, said it didnt kick any codes and they couldnt reproduce the issue in a 2 mile test drive. I asked if they checked the throttle plate to see if it was where the TPS is saying it was, they did not. i asked if they checked with a multimeter to see if they are getting 0.5v at close and 1.5v at WOT, they said no. They refuse to do these things and will not accept that there is a problem, I dont know where to turn here. I have a 50,000 dollar jeep that cannot be driven safely. Any positive feedback would be great. Please dont troll telling me not to go over 1/2 throttle. There is an issue here and one day it may not just happen at WOT it could be at half. Thanks in advance for any help. ill be checking the forums every half hour or so for replies.

Oh almost forgot to mention, its not the floor mats, it does this with the floor mats removed.
    -JT-

Infrequent issues are hard for a tech to reproduce. Talk to the service manager then the zone rep. Request they replace the pedal position sensor and throttle body.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Try a different dealer
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=7][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=7][SIZE=3]I'm not a "Jeeper" I have no clue what the Jeep thing is. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Friend of mine is a porche tech for auto palace porche. Were gonna take it to his work sunday and look at it. The chrysler dealer in natrona heights had a svc manager who told me it's my fault for buying a jeep. Wanted to give him an up close look at the reinforced steel bumper repeatedly.

They refuse to replace any parts that their precious infallible computer doesnt find a code for. Cuz you know how computers cant glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012MW3 View Post
    They refuse to replace any parts that their precious infallible computer doesnt find a code for. Cuz you know how computers cant glitch.
    I know. Sometimes we made a decision at the dealership based on the credibility of the customer and the possible consequences of not fixing the vehicle. This sounds like one of those sorts of things. Get the number of the zone rep and make a case to him that this is a safety isuue and needs a better look.

The pcm wont throw a code if it thinks it is doing what it is supposed to do. So if the pedal position sensor is giving the wrong signal to the pcm, the pcm will likely send that wrong sensor to the throttle body.

Previously "TurboTJ"
    Richmond, Virginia formerly Cranberry TWP.
    Ditto DMG ... 16 years at the dealership and this ^^ sounds like they don't give two craps and a fart. 2 mile test drive for a unintended and uncontroled acceleration is a sure sign of NPF no problem found and on to the next one. Total BS.. should be putting 10s of miles on it. . This should be a we keep the rig until we can duplicate and have the zone rep until its duplicated.

First try another dealer- you can go to ANY mopar dealer. Talk to that SVC manager to make the appointment, tell him the story and ask for some help from tech hotline and the tech rep and that you understand that the rig will be down for sometime. Giv ethem permision to drive it overnight over the weekend let them put some miles on it.
    "Mixing my hobby with my profession sucked- thats why I wheeled my toolbox home- to jeep more."

ok thanks guys. Ill have to take this a bit further if we cannot figure it out sunday. I appreciate the help.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012MW3 View Post
    Friend of mine is a porche tech for auto palace porche. Were gonna take it to his work sunday and look at it. The chrysler dealer in natrona heights had a svc manager who told me it's my fault for buying a jeep. Wanted to give him an up close look at the reinforced steel bumper repeatedly.
    Haha...Charapp? Stay far...FAR away from anything and everything involving Charapp Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge.
    Last edited by XJchris98; 05-24-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I have no exp with them as I am smart enough not to own a Chrysler Product . But one of the guys on this forum has family who owns Hillview Chrysler in Greensburg. They seem to be pretty stand up from everything I have heard. Maybe give them a try and see if they can take care of you.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Thread Information