Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Mild TJ build
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mild TJ build

Web Wheeler!

Mild TJ build

Started out with a bone stock 03 rubicon.

Raptor lined the inside

3" zone lift

Got some 33s and a 1.25 body lift

Wheeled it hard, slammed it into a tree. Shit happens

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Time for some new fenders

Bedliner on the inside, black paint on the outside.

All back together, grill got bent pretty good and the hood is a little tweaked. Not a big deal it's a wheeler not a show car.

Built some bumpers for it

Got a little more seruious about the suspension. Currie arms, currie tjj front track bar, currie anti rock, and a currie johnny joint rear trackbar.

Decided it needed a tummy tuck, UCF ultra high clearance skid and their lo-pro trans mount.

Much better, had to hammer on the tub a little to get the t-case to clear.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Still need a rear driveshaft, ordered one from tattons this week.

No ****in way the stock one was gonna work.

Put a rampage soft top on it too.

Next step for the little tj is some 37" BFG krawlers.

Gonna have to get some 5.13s, replace the blown up rear locker and probably rcvs or chromos in the front with some chromo shafts for the rear. Also going with 4" Currie progressive springs and currie bumpstops when I get the 37s on.

Rear locker would have been nice right here, or a winch.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Trail Leader
    Looks good, is it going to be ready for this summer? Me and Ben were thinking about making a few road trips this year if everything goes right. Where were you when you got stuck in that picture?
    97 Ram 2500 V10 5 Spd on 33 ST'S, Intake and Headers soon to be leveled with 4:10s
    99 TJ 4.0 32rh, 231 SYE 2wd low locked 30/35 with 4:10s on 35 KM2
    05 Rubi on 35 STTs-Broken

Less posting, more wheeling!
    looks good Alex! one of these days I'll have the cj-6 up and running.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Web Wheeler!
    Can't wait to see that cj6 finished Justin.

Shane, I should have it on 37s with the axles rebuilt by july for the six points event. I want to make a trip to rausch sometime this summer. That pictures was just on a quad trail by my house, hit a little soft spot and the whole passenger side sunk.
    03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Finally got a rear drive shaft in it, plans changed as far as tires go. Going to get some 35" MTRs eventually. Just drained the bank though on 4" currie coils, currie bumpstops, 4.88 ring and pinions, install kits, front u joints, and a yukon grizzly locker for the rear axle.

Tatton driveshaft, 1330 cv and 1330 at the axle. Need to grind the cv some, it binds at full droop.

Wheeled it some to make sure the new d-shaft is strong.

Currie coils and bumpstops

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Axles are at Wally Allens, should have them by friday to get the jeep back together this weekend.

Looks like this right now.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Jeep is up and running, gonna be at six points July 14-15. Last thing I need to do before the event is a power steering cooler.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Power steering cooler is done. Ordered some 4" led tailights for it, next thing will be a Warn M8000 winch. Then I want to do a poly performance cage kit, 35s, beadlocks, currie steering, Savvy gas tank skid, outboard the rear shocks, and onboard air. It's only money I guess.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Got stuck on snake trail.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Wheeling pics

Leads to me fixing this

03 Rubicon, It's stock

looking good alex
    99'tj 5'' locked cocked and ready to rock...on 35's---sold
    05 rubicon soon to come

[I]You're keyboard must be different from mine... I have [B]F1[/B], [B]F2[/B], etc. I don't see an [B]FU[/B] key...[/I]

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Awesome build.

Question about that soft top. Any problems? It's next on my list cuz my factory one is beyond worn and i want a top that's cheap and doesn't use a frame. I've read alot of folks had water leaking or seeping in through the threads. Any feedback on it is appreciated!

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Nice rig dude.

I got the same rear driveshaft in my red YJ in the 1350 series flavor, seems to be a quality pc. Also have his 1330 series Rubi front shaft.

Looks like it's time to grind out the front axles for full circle clips, OR start tack welding the caps in.

Web Wheeler!
    No issues with the top, doesn't leak that I can tell. I don't run a back seat and the interior is bed lined so I really don't care if it leaks either.

I tack welded all the caps in it on sunday, so it's good for now. Gonna order some RCVs for it soon, should fix that issue. The stock front axle shafts are junk in it, they were so rusted the caps were a loose fit. If I would have just welded the caps in from the start it would have been fine.

Replaced both diff covers, need some skids before I go wheeling again. The covers are ford fronts, they are fairly thick and take a beating but I managed to dent both of my old ones pretty good. Finally got a high pinion cover in the rear, it didn't have near enough oil in it with the standard fill plug location running about a 25 degree pinion angle.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Been fine tuning the jeep a little. Finally got rid of the rear d-shaft vibe, pinion wasn't high enough, it looked perfect to the eye but had horrible vibes.

Also ordered some taller front sway bar mounts from poly, the stockers have major clearance issues with the drag link and 4" coils.

Next thing I want to do to it is outboarding the rear shocks, should have no trouble running a 12" travel bilstein 5100 in the rear. Eventually want to build a rear suspension like this guys TJ, could call it a mid arm setup I guess. Re-uses the currie lower arms but custom upper arms using johhny joints, should work a lot better without a track bar. That will be sometime this winter though, need to extend my front shock towers as well for some longer shocks. The suspension has way more travel in it than the current shocks are allowing.

The look I'm eventually aiming for, maybe 37s if I ever save enough for new tires/wheels. This TJ has 3" springs and a 1.25 bl on 35s.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Wheeled at creek falls.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Gonna paint the jeep here in about a month, going with some Summit Racing sour apple green metallic paint. Can't beat it for $200, gets you a gallon of paint and a gallon of clear.

Need to pull the bumpers and rocker armor to get them blasted, probably gonna leave the bumpers black.

Looks pretty much the same as always, next thing it needs after paint is a set of 35s. Really like the Goodyear MTRs with kevlar.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Noob!
    Really enjoyed this tread. Nice rig and nice pics

Web Wheeler!
    Not gonna be a black tj for much longer

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Web Wheeler!
    Lot's of block sanding to do now

03 Rubicon, It's stock

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    What color are you goin with?
    Remo
    08 Rubicon

Web Wheeler!
    Ended up black , shoulda never ****ed with the paint but oh well. Learned my lesson for sure, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

03 Rubicon, It's stock

Less posting, more wheeling! MemorEsto's Avatar
    WTF happened to this? I thought it looked good Green.... Saw on JF it was for sale?
    Acer Offroad A♦A♣A♠A♥

Thread Information