Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My Deuce Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Deuce Thread

PghOffRoad Regular
    Today I made a mount for my new gauges. Here's where I'm planning on putting them: Now I just need to make time to paint and mount that and then plumb them
    Last edited by Yarz; 11-22-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Very sexy. You taking the oil pressure from the top of the secondaries?

PghOffRoad Regular
    Yep, that's the plan
    90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

PghOffRoad Regular
    Spent all day today getting the gauges installed and hooked up. I started out by snapping off the fuel bleeder, so I had to drill and re-tap that. Other than that, everything went pretty smoothly. I just have one small leak from the back of the fuel pressure gauge to fix
    90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

PghOffRoad Regular
    Fixed the leak at the gauge yesterday. And since I've been having issues with oil seeping since I changed the oil, I spent the money on a spin on kit. These were extremely easy to install, and solved my issue. Will make future oil changes a snap too
    Last edited by Yarz; 11-22-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

Which guy did you buy from?

PghOffRoad Regular
    tie6044 on Steelsoldiers. I had them Wednesday after sending payment Sunday night. Here's his thread if interested: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...Oil-Filter-Kit
    90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

PghOffRoad Regular
    Well, it's been a long time since I updated this... I can't believe I forgot.

Last summer I got much of the truck sanded and painted. My dad helped me pull off parts, sand, and set up my grandpa's old compressor. I used Gillespie Coatings, Inc. Non-Acrylic Alkyd Enamel from Rapco parts, reduced to their specifications (4:1 Paint:Xylene) and sprayed it through Harbor Freights cheap purple spray gun. Sorry for the crappy quality, but here's a picture taken soon after I finished painting:

Then I bought a house at the end of last year, so that has taken lots of my time. So just today I completed the FDC bypass and adjusted the fuel. I used 5033K33 tubing from Mcmaster Carr, due to it's chemical resistance. I completely replaced the fuel line from the secondary fuel filters to the hydraulic head, so I needed new nuts for it too. I found information on Steel Soldiers for part # 50815K106 from Mcmaster Carr. These look and fit just like the originals. I turned the fuel down 3 flats post bypass, and then one more during the test drive.

Now I just barely touch 1100° on longer uphills, with me pushing it. The thing runs great! I don't have to downshift into 4th as often, and I even climbed a hill in 4th that I usually had to go to 3rd. If you have one of these trucks and have not yet adjusted the fuel, DO IT NOW!!! It seems so much more pleasurable to drive.

Hopefully I can get to the bodywork and paint this summer, but since the house takes lots of my time and pretty much all of my money, work on anything is very slow.. and I also need to fix the jeep top (rolled on its side when I hit ice in February and broke the top into ~6 pieces), do bodywork on the Jeep, figure out why the dirtbike is smoking, and there are all kinds of things I would like to do to the house, that just aren't a necessity at the moment.
    Last edited by Yarz; 11-22-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

The painted parts look great! And X2 on the fuel mod, really makes the truck feel closer to driving something from a later decade lol.

I hear ya man, I'm in the same boat, house and projects are sucking up all my time and money. Not enough days and dollars.

PghOffRoad Regular
    It's been forever since I've been on here, so it's Update time!

I still haven't gotten the bodywork/paint done, as I had planned.. I did do some work this summer though. I blew a brake line in my driveway (Luckily!) one morning last December, as I was about to leave for work. So naturally the truck sat until I could fix it. Between the cold weather, and getting parts, and finding chunks of time to do the work, it took me until June to get it done. I did:
    • all new Copper-Nickel hard lines
      braided stainless Teflon coated flexible hoses
      all new wheel cylinders
      Rebuilt the airpack
      rebuilt the master cylinder

And while I had it apart, I figured I might as well do:
    • New boots on the front axle
      all new axle seals
      add a thrust washer that wasn't installed where one should have been
      replace the u-joint I screwed up while installing said thrust washer
      start running vent lines.. Got all the axles done, still need to do the transmission and transfer case

90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

PghOffRoad Regular
    Got the bodywork and base color paint done this summer. I took each side of the front end apart individually, repaired the rust on the cab and fender, and repainted. Then did the hood, grill, winch, and bumper.
    Here's a few shots of the finished products:

And one from when I bought it vs. now:

There are more step by step pictures in my album on Facebook if anyone is interested. I still need to do the troop seats and wheels in olive drab, and then work on all of the white markings. Hopefully next summer..
    90 YJ with some stuff..
    66 M35A2

Looking good man!

PghOffRoad Regular
    Yes - lookin' good...
    Josh

Thread Information