Thread: Anyone doing any pheasant?

Noob!

Anyone doing any pheasant?

Was looking at the pheasant stocking lists for PA game lands in Allegheny and Washington Counties trying to figure out where to go. I live in Pgh. Any advice on which direction to head?
    2009 Jeep Wrangler 4dr Sahara
    Auto, 3.73 grear ratio
    K&N CAI
    rock rails, rear bumper
    Rubi rims, 32'' BFG Mud Terrains
    Rock Krawler 1.75" budget boost leveling kit

Other Jeeps:
    2001 XJ - Stock
    Wife's 2014 Jk

Prior Jeep
    97 TJ

Ive gone out near rt. 40 by Scenery Hill. I forget the garlands number. Was there the day after they stocked and it was already pretty much pushed out. We managed to flush one. That was my only experience, curious to hear if you find anyplace better.

Noob!
    We ended up at the game lands near German Twp in Fayette County; I don't think it even has a #. Pushed some nice area but didn't see much of anything. There is a huge power line that runs through the game lands that is very thick. We didn't have a dog and with 2 guys it was literally un-huntable. I have hunted small game quite a bit the past couple weeks all over western PA (Mercer County, Allegheny County, Fayette County, and Westmoreland County). Seems like game species are down some, especially rabbits. I don't know if it is a natural down swing in the population cycle or if it is something else. There seems to be a lot of predators around. Red tail hawks especially seem to be everywhere.
    2009 Jeep Wrangler 4dr Sahara
    Auto, 3.73 grear ratio
    K&N CAI
    rock rails, rear bumper
    Rubi rims, 32'' BFG Mud Terrains
    Rock Krawler 1.75" budget boost leveling kit

Other Jeeps:
    2001 XJ - Stock
    Wife's 2014 Jk

Prior Jeep
    97 TJ

Less posting, more wheeling!
    We have only seen i think 5 grouse so far this year, usually we see many more than that. We run well trained bird dogs too, the ones we have seen have been coming out of trees which seems to signify a high amount of predator activity. I havent seen a rabbit while hunting in i cant even remember when. Phesants are abound but theyre all stocked.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! PatF10's Avatar
    we have got 5 so far and thats not really hunting them hard. game lands 179 is just down the road and there are a bunch around. i got one this week and one last week. my brother got two yesterday and my dad got one the other day.
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

Noob!
    I'm up in Jefferson/clearfield co. I've been out six times and have limited every time. I also took two youth out and they both got one each. I've walked anywhere from .8 miles to 5.7 miles to get birds. I have three labs that love to hunt. But I agree not many rabbits this year unless your in my dad's back yard. He has trapped 27 rabbits and hauled them off to a beagle club. I'm waiting to hunt grouse after christmas that's my favorite time to hunt them.
    99 Tj 4.0 auto Currie Hi 9'' fr and rr with 4.56 gears w ARB lockers sittin' on 36'' SS TSL's with 4 1/2'' custom 3 link fr and 2X 4 link rr. Fab work done by Redneck Fab.
    "Take it out and play with it"

Thread Information