Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

ZOMBIE Ramcharger LIVES!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIE Ramcharger LIVES!!!

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    cut the shock boots off also, unless your just gonna crawl the mall. all they do is trap dirt and water.
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Mine aren't ziptied so they get a chance to clean themselves out when I flex out

that works too.

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Less posting, more wheeling!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by YZEATER View Post
    i do believe your front axle shims are in wrong. they are usually put in the front to help the front driveshaft angle.
    Which picture are you looking at - I don't think I'm seeing it.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    See the shiny, angled shim between the spring pack and the axle? That's what we're saying is backwards. Flip the fat sides around.

Yep! You're right! I hadn't noticed that before - eeep. I'll see if we can do that here at Monro, since it's basically been parked on the lift for the last 3 weeks. Sheesh...
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Arrow

Despite the GREAT sound, now begins the engine breakdown... at least, EXTERNALLY-speaking.

I can name THIS tune in ONE note: Ugggh... (yeah, I ALSO forgot to shift the lighting on the digital camera, too. Hence the blue-ish tinge)

Like the old ABC educational cartoon - "Spaghetti junction - what's yo' func-tion?"

Speaking of "uggh," here's some more pics of the driver's side of the spring pack. Anymore thoughts on this side of the operation (we think the shim is in backward on the others side)?

That, and it appears my stabilizer needs a better mounting location - it appears too close to the axle!

Looks like when Gibbs does my ring & pinion swap/transmission work, I may have to have them straighten out my lift as well.

My Auburn Gear limited slip 9.25 carrier arrived today, along with the B&M Transpak. No pics of them, but my March Performance custom pulleys ALSO arrived!

ta da.

Yeah, the inside is filling up with parts again!

My Jeep is full of driveshafts, old alternator, and starter, too!

The old radiator, tranny cooler, and fan shroud - sitting on the box the NEW radiator came in!

Awww... a little pile of 'former' Dodge!

Obama would be proud though - looking out the bay from my Dodge, you can see all the rainbow whiz from my Unicorn-powered Ramcharger!

I wouldn't worry about the Steering Stabilizer, if everything is as it should be you don't need it.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

I'm not seeing the shim on the driver side.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    ^ Agreed I see no shim on drivers side...
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

That's what I'm thinking - insane.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YZEATER View Post
    i do believe your front axle shims are in wrong. they are usually put in the front to help the front driveshaft angle.

I'm not suggesting this as a good way to fix caster angle, but that could be what the installer was doing. I did this once while trying to figure out what was causing some steering issues. I had 1* positive caster and added a shim to make 4*. It didn't fix the issues for my situation, but it did correct my caster angle.
    It's not illegal, it's frowned upon.

I'm with you on that Jack. I believe it was like that to fix the caster. Turning it around will kill the caster. It would be almost as jacked up as a Scouts caster
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

I bet some genius thought it would be a good idea to use 1 shim to correct for road crown.

-'15 dmax

Well, the shim is coming OUT - we're putting in a drop Pitman arm, an adjustable drag link, and ditching that lift block on the left knuckle and the single stabilizer, AND... that should correct a LOT of our problems right there. That'll be a project probably for late this coming week/early next week, as the a/c condenser arrives Monday. Once that's installed and system charged, it's installing the new radiator and coolers, belts & hoses, and then buttoning up everything under the hood.

Once the steering problems are solved, then it's getting those crappy shock welds addressed, and pinching pennies, so Mike at Gibbs can take care of my ring & pinion swaps (and all that THAT entails), and my Transpak install (and maybe putting Justin's winch in it, too )

And maybe THEN we can do some wheeling!

Cool

IT PASSED INSPECTION TODAY!!!

"2013's" have replaced the "2006's" that were STILL in the windshield! UN-believeable!

Ordered the adjustable drag link today - that, and the drop Pitman arm, which is already on the way - are the LAST two pieces of the puzzle for Monro Muffler. The B&M Transpak and ring & pinion swaps are still to come, but I should be able to DRIVE it over to get THAT work done!

The locking gas cap, windshield wipers, liftgate pistons, & new door hinges arrived today - gonna set those aside, for when I get it home (especially since Chris put the wiper arms - with new blades - on it today, so it would pass inspection!). He also charged the a/c today, which apprently held, and works fine (he WOULD'VE called me if it didn't!!!).

Gotta go plop another $250 on the account tomorrow - and hopefully sell a bunch of crap at a convention this weekend - maybe raise another thousand or so, to drop on the account. And then hope my tax refund finally gets here soon!!!

I FINALLY got to drive The War Wagon for the FIRST time today, EVER (when I inherited it, it wasn't running - it's been ROLLBACKED everywhere ever since!) - even though it was just around the parking lot at Monro, but - HOLY GUACAMOLE... WHAT have I gotten myself into?!?!?

For starters, even though the ENTIRE brake system is NEW, with those drum rears, it feels like MANUAL brakes, getting those BIG MEATS to stop! I can see WHY the Suburban Hydroboost and rear disc conversion is SO popular!!! I think I know where NEXT year's tax refund is going!!!

As for THIS year's refund, the transmission selector feels a bit stiff - no doubt due to the fact we haven't touched the transmission yet. And with 3.55 gears, it needs a fair amount of go-juice, to get 'er into motion. The B&M Transpak and ring & pinion swap will be GOOD investments, once I get it out of hock at Monro!

On the PLUS side though, Monor Muffler's latest wheel alignment rig, has updates for 4 wheel alignments that INCLUDE Dodge Ramchargers now! With the steering geometry figured out (that stupid shim in my front right leaf pack REMOVED!), it's perfectly aligned, and steering wheel is straight, too! It steers like a dream - it seems as if it steers TOO well, given it's size, but I'll take it! That, and the a/c is charged, and blows COLD!

Paid another $750 on the account today - I'm down to around $3200 & change left. Ordered a few more parts today as well, not the least of which was the Dana 44 front carrier. Oh - and Parts Geek has aftermarket grills for $73 shipped right now! I'll look into making it a "FARGO," while I Plastex the old one and fix it up for a spare!

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I tried telling you it was a Ramcharger, she ain't gonna stop like something your used to and modern til you change some stuff around! Glad to hear it is running and driving.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    I tried telling you it was a Ramcharger, she ain't gonna stop like something your used to and modern til you change some stuff around! Glad to hear it is running and driving.
    I'd forgotten what my old '79 Bronco was like!

I think the automatic transmission makes a BIG difference - my Bronco had the B-W T18, which gave you much more help in the going & stopping department. I think the Transpak will be a BIG help in South Hills traffic conditions - I'm still waiting for DMG to get back to me on that (and wondering if a shift kit might help as well). That was the thing that took getting used to in my Commander - getting a feel for the transmission & transfer case to "unbind," when crawling along in heavy traffic & heavy snow. The RC is a LOTTA truck to manuever with an automatic!

The 4.56's will no doubt help the braking process also... I've got a year 'til the NEXT tax refund though - gives me time to study up on that rear disc brake conversion!

Hydro boost is amazing. I drove a Scout on 39s, hydro boosted, it would put your face thru the window if you spiked the brakes, unreal. Ill be doing that this summer.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

do ou work at monro or just have them working on it? if you work there id hide that thing for a while, the big wigs are coming to town...
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth_Fratelli View Post
    do ou work at monro or just have them working on it? if you work there id hide that thing for a while, the big wigs are coming to town...
    Big Wigs have already been at THIS Monro (last week) - and they WEREN'T happy with it - it takes up a LOTTA time & space, but I AM paying for it!

My mechanic works there (Asst. Mgr.) - I'm not smart enough to be a mechanic.

The 4.56's will no doubt help the braking process also...
    Not sure what you mean by that unless you've switched to rockwell axles with pinion brakes when we wern't looking.

My mechanic works there (Asst. Mgr.) - I'm too smart to be a mechanic.
    FIFY hahaha
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that unless you've switched to rockwell axles with pinion brakes when we wern't looking.
    I'm referring in the general mechanical sense. The same way taller gears let it roll freer/easier.

Thread Information