Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2001 4.0 4 speed auto Cherokee Sport

Thread: 2001 4.0 4 speed auto Cherokee Sport

Less posting, more wheeling!

2001 4.0 4 speed auto Cherokee Sport

I'm gonna put this out there to see if there's any interest. We've decided to sell the cherokee and use the cash we get to purchase something newer with better mileage.

2001 Cherokee Sport with approx 108,000 miles
    4 speed auto
    8.25/30 axles
    Rear Aussie
    RC long arms with currie joints and bilstein 5100's
    Rocker guards
    Detour's Backbone
    SYE and the goodies
    Currie Steering
    265/75/16 Guard Dog Mud Terrains with about 80-85 percent tread left

The issues: Disappearing coolant and misfire in cyl 2. I'm currently saving to get this diagnosed and repaired. CEL for evap leak which will be diagnosed and repaired for inspection. Needs new muffler and tailpipe which I have on hand and will install. No front driveshaft. I have it but it either needs rebuilt (play in slip) or a new one installed. Heater core pooped out so I bypassed it and run an aftermarket heater that sits behind the passenger seat and uses hoses redneckishly routed to specific areas of the cabin LOL. It heats better than the factory but a chore in winter time. There's some minor interior cosmentic wear and tear such as the overhead fabric hanging down (needs cut off or replaced), some cracked plastic on the rear hatch. It's not perfect, yet it's not horrible. Paint is starting to show wear on the hood and roof but it still looks sexy after a good wax. It needs extended shackles cuz the factory ones don't have enough room to swivel on the shackle relocation brackets. It also could use some new front bumpstops.

I have no idea what I'm gonna ask for this so I'll consider offers. I'll take low offers if you want to fix it all up yourself, otherwise it's gonna take me a while to get the funds to get it back on the road and inspected.

I love this jeep, how nicely it rides, how capable it is off road, and how functional it is, but we need something newer and more reliable. I have a TJ now that I can use to play with so this would be better off in the hands of someone who will actually use it and put the parts to the test.

This is what it looks like cleaned up:

PM if you are interested.
    Last edited by muddeprived; 12-28-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Thread Information