Thread: $200 new 37 inch mudders....

Less posting, more wheeling!

$200 new 37 inch mudders....

Lookin for a 37 that won't break the bank? Treadwright just started making 37's.

https://www.treadwright.com/p-81-37x...d-dog-m-t.aspx

They also started a new type of recap called Bead to Bead, meaning they wrap a new tread on the tire that covers the sidewalls instead of just on top.
    Last edited by muddeprived; 02-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar
    Are those off-brand buckshot mudders?

i still don't think i'd be interested in re-caps, but id be interested in hearing a little more about that process. It at least sounds like a good idea
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

They are retreaded tires. The tread pattern is similar to the old MT/R. I have been running that particular tread pattern in 32" size for almost four years now (used Michelin casings). Got a set on the wrangler too.

TreadWright Introduces New Bead-to-Bead Remold Tires for Trucks and SUVs
    Enhanced bead-to-bead remolding process means cleaner look, matching sidewalls, more durability
    DENVER (Jan. 29, 2013) – TreadWright, a leading manufacturer of remolded tires for trucks and SUVs, has announced the launch of its new bead-to-bead tire. Bead-to-bead is a process of applying new rubber veneer to the tire sidewalls, significantly enhancing the tire’s cosmetic appearance and long-term performance.
    The new bead-to-bead tires will have the TreadWright brand name on the sidewalls providing a customer with a cleaner and more consistent look. The new sidewall veneer provides additional benefit in that it further seals the tire improving the overall durability.
    “The new bead-to-bead product offers our customers a tire that has a new look and feel,” said Joel Hawkins, vice president for TreadWright. “The fact that TreadWright only uses premium casings, coupled with the bead-to-bead technology, means our remolded tires will look and perform like new. Our tires provide superior value because, without sacrificing safety or handling, the cost can be as much as 60 percent less than a comparable brand name tire.”
    Initially, TreadWright will offer bead-to-bead tires in six sizes, with plans to expand to other sizes in the future: 31/10.50R15 Guard Dog; 265/75 16 Sentinel; 265/70 17 Sentinel; 285/75R16 Warden & Guard Dog; 285/65R18 Guard Dog; and 315/70R17 Guard Dog.
    About TreadWright
    Founded in 1981, TreadWright is a pioneer in providing premium quality, environmentally friendly remolded tires for light trucks and SUVs. Inspired by extreme driving conditions, TreadWright tires are built to withstand all types of driving from normal road use to ruggedoff-road conditions. By using less material and selling direct to the customer, TreadWright provides all the benefits of high-end name brand tires at significantly reduced prices. Family owned and operated, TreadWright offers the latest designs and a proven technology backed by a two-year workmanship warranty. For more information, visit www.treadwright.com.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Ive been rrunnign a set of their 31s for a year and a half. They drive good, whine just a bit (Gaurd Dog MT) and seem to wear fantastically. When I got them, they were 425 shipped for 4.

You can request certain cores, and its not a recap, the new rubber works all the way around, more so now.
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Ive been rrunnign a set of their 31s for a year and a half. They drive good, whine just a bit (Gaurd Dog MT) and seem to wear fantastically. When I got them, they were 425 shipped for 4.

You can request certain cores, and its not a recap, the new rubber works all the way around, more so now.
    Yeah they do wear pretty damn well. Mine still have at least 90% tread on them. I think it's been almost 22k miles so far.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I get mad traction out of the things. Although last southington trip, everyone i was with had almost bald MTs, and struggled to get around in places.
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Thread Information