Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rock Auto freakin rules

Thread: Rock Auto freakin rules

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar

Rock Auto freakin rules

So in my hunt for XJ body parts to fix my fawk-ups, I decided to check Rock Auto for parts. I didn't expect to find much since I didn't think they did much with body parts. Boy was I wrong, they have everything I need for less money than what I thought was a fair price at a junkyard! Turn signal assembly, header panel, fender flares, headlight trim, side marker lens... all brand new and significantly cheaper than the junkyard. Gotta love em! Just figured I would share!

Just to make sure before I order... anyone have bad experience with Rock Auto body parts? most of the parts say various manufacturers, so I dunno who is making them lol
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I've had good luck with them
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Never ordered panels from them, only ever had 1 bad experience with mechanical parts as well. (A fuel pump they would not even respond back to me over the warranty). Most of the time I don't have the time to wait for shipping though and the cost to get stuff shipped faster will usually surpass what I can just get it locally for.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I've had good luck with them in the past for some stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. They are kind of like any "big" online retailer -- most of what you hear is good, but you'll occasionally find someone that has had one or more issues in past orders.

Just make sure that you review the shipping costs -- and from what I've seen, "Free Shipping" deals are not that common through Rock Auto. That is sometimes the great equalizer when it comes to online deals -- especially when you are talking about large parts. Also, RockAuto sometimes sends out a discount code for like 5-10% to recent customers that instructs them to give it to friends/family/etc. So you might be able to find some discount codes somewhere online.

For non-cosmetic auto parts, I find Advance Auto online cheaper sometimes because they have free shipping on orders over $75 -- plus there is always the option of in-store pickup if your local store has it in stock. There are tons of coupon codes (often advertised by Google Ads) around online that are usually good for relatively significant discounts. I've talked to some of the employees there and they said that they almost never use their employee discount because the online discount codes are better deals.
    Last edited by SirFuego; 02-12-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

Googe a coupon code. Theres one floating around for 5% off usually.
    Ive never had an issue with them.

Yea, I found a 5% off code. Sweeeetness. I always had luck with them in the past too with mechanical parts and hardware and what not, but never tried exterior parts. We shall see in a few days I guess. I was unable to find the rubber trim that goes around the back window on my XJ (97+) on there tho, anyone know where to get one? Or what the actual name of that gasket is to make searching easier? Id like to have it to put it when I put the back glass in

Window weatherstripping, window seal, window molding would be my next set of search terms.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

I just tried to order some tj motor parts, the prices were great. Except the shipping, all the stuff I wanted was gonna come from three different warehouses. So that meant three shipping charges, totally killed the good parts prices. I've ordered from them many times, my only advice is don't order parts that have a core charge. It's a huge hassle sending cores back to them.

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    I've been pretty happy with them. I've ordered everything from struts for a SAAB to IP cluster bulbs for an old Range Rover to brake parts for the Jeeps and even supercharger hoses for my Jaguar. The only time i've been less than happy was when i ordered a new side view mirror for my ZJ. It came with the housing, wiring, and everything. There were several to pick from - which is nice about that site, usually you have a lot of choices for a part - but anyway i got the mirror and housing and it fit just fine, but the wiring harness was totally different. Supposedly plug and play with my factory power/heated mirror, but the connectors were not even close to matching up and I had to spend a few hours playing "see what this wire does" until I finally got it sort of working with the directional button.

So some of it is cheap overseas crap - like that mirror - and basically I got what I paid for I guess, as it was really cheap. So just keep that in mind.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

I am addicted to their closeout deals. I get parts so damn cheap I just stock pile them. I have seals, bearings, hoses, and belts stock piled for the scouts. Hell they sold me a gatorback serpentine belt for 3 dollars for the Saturn, can't go wrong.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Lol yea I saw those deals... kinda thought about doing the same thing lol When i was going down that list I saw soo many things that I don't need right now... but I know I will at some point in the future... probably should stock pile as well

They had a closeout on clutch kits for Scouts a few months ago. Like 300 bucks a piece, normally close to a grand. I bought one, should of bought them all lol.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Well, I bought the cheap 50 dollar new header panel from Rock Auto and it worked out great, no issues. Just had to block sand some crap off around the edges from the mold it was in. Me and wes painted it this weekend and the paint doesnt match at all lol. The new panel looks beautiful and the rest of the paint looks like ass compared to it lol o well. Im paintin all the crap white on the grill so it looks like a limited lol. I may even do the bumpers white too.

Everything I ordered came within 3 days except my damn head light trim for the drivers side...pissin me off.

I'm sure my bike is happier now being out of the way in the laundry room in the extra warmth lol

Thread Information