Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck dodge ram

Web Wheeler!

Stuck dodge ram

I am looking for someone to pull out my dodge ram from a bad spot. I live in beaver county pa and have no way to get it out

Noob!
    How soon and where is it? You need a winch or will a tow strap work?

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Is it in a legal spot ? And who are you ?
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I'm in Beaver County, details?
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=7][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=7][SIZE=3]I'm not a "Jeeper" I have no clue what the Jeep thing is. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Noob!
    I live in Beaver County and I'd be willing to help, but I only have a TJ Wangler Rubicon and a tow strap so if you are badly stuck I might not have enough mass to get you out, but I'll give it a darn good try. I work until 10pm and I'd be willing to go tonight or tomorrow morning.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by btfreund View Post
    I live in Beaver County and I'd be willing to help, but I only have a TJ Wangler Rubicon and a tow strap so if you are badly stuck I might not have enough mass to get you out, but I'll give it a darn good try. I work until 10pm and I'd be willing to go tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Your in Hookstown? I'm in Hookstown.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=7][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=7][SIZE=3]I'm not a "Jeeper" I have no clue what the Jeep thing is. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

I am confused, whats with all these new guys or guys with zero post coming around lol. I am confused.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Trail Leader
    Where at in Beaver County. I might be able to help.

I got a lifted cherokee with a winch and willing.......

Noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_and_jeep View Post
    Your in Hookstown? I'm in Hookstown.
    We've talked before, but I dissappeared for a while. Just didn't have the time to follow everything going on here. Then random posts started showing up on Facebook, and when I saw this one I figured I'd log back in and see if this guy needed help. Send me a PM if you want, or I'll send you one when I get a chance. Never hurts to get to know the "neighbors" a little better. But for now I gotta go. Almost time to leave work and go watch Supercross since it doesn't look like Shwebb needs help anymore.

Web Wheeler!
    Sorry for the delay to everyone but I live in aliquippa pa and the trail back is a little muddy but my trucks stuck in water so it won't take to much to get it out just good traction or a winch

Web Wheeler!
    It's near aliquippa pa it's stuck in some water and it stalled out on me because of it the trail in is a bit muddy but it's not to rough

Is this trail legal or illegal? I will only assists if it's a legal trail or permission granted to use.

Noob!
    I'm gonna go try to pull him out later tonight. I have a Rubi with the F/R lockers and a 30' tow strap so I think I got a good chance of getting him out. But if anybody wants to do some late night wheelin, we are supposed to meet at the Green Garden Road (Giant Eagle) shopping center at 10:30pm and head out from there. Obviously its always better to have a couple of trail going vehicles in case things don't go perfectly.

I'm not sure exactly where we are headed but he said it was easier just to meet there then to try to explain where the trail was at. Also not sure about whether we are technically allowed to be wheeling there or not, but one way or another he has to get his truck out, so I'm gonna go regardless.

good luck and post pictures.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    So he's dead in the water?

You're going to need a pretty big jeep to pull a stuck pickup without a running engine out.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Web Wheeler!
    Yep he's gonna try to get it out tonight. Honestly I'm not sure how legal the trail is all I know is there are no signs and the trucks bin sitting since Thursday and noones messed with it. But thanks to those who help. And don't worry I'll post before and after pics

Noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    So he's dead in the water?

You're going to need a pretty big jeep to pull a stuck pickup without a running engine out.
    Yea, I don't have all the details right now. Obiously if the struck (typo, but I like it, from now on stuck truck = struck) can't be made to run then it could be much more difficult to get him out.

Shwebb's at work, but maybe when he gets off he can provide a bit more info. It doesn't really matter to me though. I'm taking what gear and tools I have and I'm going try my darndest. I don't need much of an excuse to go play in the dirt.

Web Wheeler!
    Alright I'll give more to the story here. I got into the water slowed down and started to spin. So I dumbly let off of the gas and my engine stalled. I tried to restart it but failed. The waters clear to my doors so I'm hoping once it's on dry land it'll start for me. And I'm gonna bring what little I have to help some. It's not much though just some chains. Oh and it's not really dug in so I'm hoping it won't be to bad to get out.

Noob!
    Is the bottom fairly solid or is it the suck your shoes off kind of mud?

Also which way are we headed? Center, Aliquippa, Hopewell, Independence, Raccoon? I might already know or have seen the trails. Also I'd like to try to find someone with a heavier truck, but who I ask depends a bit on we're were headed and what we're getting into. PM me if it's not a good place to make widely known.

Anyway, I'll do my best, but if it is too deep in heavy, sticky mud I may not be able to move it. And I cannot pull you on the road from there it has to move itself or be towed.

For the guys on here with mechanical knowledge, let's talk about what to do about getting the truck started. Can we just try cranking and cranking and use jumper cables if/when the battery starts to die? Or should we be concerned about the water that might have been drawn in?

Sounds like you probably got water in your ignition system. Not sure what year they went to coil packs but take some wd40 with you.

Also I think this recovery is going to be worse than you imagine. Unless there is hard packed dirt/rocks under the water (not likely if you started to spin) then there is going to be a lot of resistance from a 6000 lb truck. Enough that a stock rubi will have trouble.

also check air filter if its wet or water in the intake you better start pulling plugs

Noob!
    One more question, if I can find guys with regular, road going, 4 wheel drives can they get to your truck without scratching against branches and beating up their nice tucks? It isn't that hard to find folks with 4x4s, (bigger, heavier 4x4s) but it is hard to find folks that don't care about scratches and dings.

Web Wheeler!
    On the way in there really weren't any branches or anything to get scratches on. The only problem was the trail in is rutted out and a bit muddy so it's gonna take someone who can get good traction.

Web Wheeler!
    I don't think it drew water in the ignition because it was running fine until it stalled. And as for why it stalled its been doing it to me off and on even in dry weather I just forgot to compensate for it at the time. I tried cranking it and it started to fire but I think or I hope it's just the water in the exhaust that caused it to not start

Thread Information