Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: private AR sellers need to put the crackpipe down

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevestiller View Post
    you guys are missing the point from buying new and registering ar15 to yourself. A registered ar15/used is worth way more than you buying a new one from a store as legally right now you don't have to transfer them. No one knows you have it and the collectors/gun buyers are paying more as its not registered to them to the point. With that said ammo has only raised 6% since all this crap has been going on and the box stores, cabello's,dunhams,dicks,walmarts are selling it with there normal markups and local gun stores are selling ammo over twice there price. Just talked to a federal ammo sales. He claims if no one orders 22 shells they are still sold out for 7yrs as of right now on waiting list.
    Just so it's clear, when an FFL runs a nics or pics background check on you there is no firearm information sent. Only your personal information is provided. The government doesn't know what you're buying, they just tell the FFL if you're prohibited or not. The FFL keeps the 4473 records with the firearm info, but those are only transferred to the ATF if the FFL shuts down or does something wrong. Apparently there is some massive warehouse in Virginia or something full of old 4473 forms that I hear about, but it is pretty unrealistic for the government to digitize the system and expect it to useful with long guns being passed around like hot cakes.

Also as azzy says, there are few secrets these days. Buy anything online? Talk about guns on a forum or in your email? Withdraw cash from an ATM at a gun show? Browse arfcom?

The thing we have going for us, is there are a lot of us that have evil black rifles and even more people planning on buying them. It would be a massive undertaking for the government to enforce rifle confiscation or registration, he'll they can't even enforce background check failures. That still doesn't mean it would be ok for them to pass any laws requiring registration or further regulations. Im just saying, our government seems like it can barely find its own ass in the dark with both hands sometimes, so I don't think the insurgents of pittsburgh offroad are real high on their priority list but hey, who knows... [adjusts tin foil hat] .... So I'm not too worried about buying a rifle from an FFL and adding to the long list of 4473s in multiple states you will find my name on. Good luck tracking that mess Uncle Sam.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 04-26-2013 at 10:23 AM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    They do know the serial and model, the PA State police keeps a registration record of sale of all transfers. Illegally. Which is one of the reasons we are trying to get rid of PICS.

I have a good friend (Whitefeather on PAFOA) who had police on his rear for 6 months because of an incorrect reporting of a serial number to that list. They reported the model number, not the serial. So any time they search for that model pistol... his name comes up. IIRC, it was an older import, so it had 2 serials, the original, the importer, and then a model #.

But if you have email, and do anything online... guess what. Its all recorded. Heck, even utilities. They track it all. they may not pay attention to it right away, but there is a computer algorithm, sifting through it all, looking to flag you if certain parameters are met.

Are there ways to remove yourslf from that internet "web"? Yes. To a point. if you got the skills and know where to look.
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    They do know the serial and model, the PA State police keeps a registration record of sale of all transfers. Illegally. Which is one of the reasons we are trying to get rid of PICS.

I have a good friend (Whitefeather on PAFOA) who had police on his rear for 6 months because of an incorrect reporting of a serial number to that list. They reported the model number, not the serial. So any time they search for that model pistol... his name comes up. IIRC, it was an older import, so it had 2 serials, the original, the importer, and then a model #.

But if you have email, and do anything online... guess what. Its all recorded. Heck, even utilities. They track it all. they may not pay attention to it right away, but there is a computer algorithm, sifting through it all, looking to flag you if certain parameters are met.

Are there ways to remove yourslf from that internet "web"? Yes. To a point. if you got the skills and know where to look.
    You're talking about the state police illegal registry of handguns, I was just talking about long guns.

Thread Information