Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

process for a suppressor... can't find the thread on it - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: process for a suppressor... can't find the thread on it

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar

Did some reasonably quiet shooting in the back yard today. Broke in the new 11.5" barrel and enjoyed hearing only the supersonic crack of the bullet and not much else thanks to the AAC M4-2000 5.56 suppressor.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 07-13-2014 at 03:21 PM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Looks good
    03 Cummins 6 speed pulls around my 84 chev 1 ton on 44"s. 427BBC, 5.13's and detroits. Shortened 28". Some day I'll finish it
    1969 M35A2 "Deuce and a half" with winch, singled out. SOLD
    1972 M818 on 53"s with a 855ci Cummins. SOLD
    99 4runner winter hoopty

PghOffRoad Regular
    Just got my call today to get my 308 suppressor. It only took 13 months. Hoping to pick it up very soon and get some rounds down range.
    My liver has a restraining order against me for abuse.

What kind of 308 suppressor did you buy and what are you putting it on?

I just bought an AAC TiRant 45 because of the $200 rebate and discounted pricing. Unfortunately, due to the promotion, they are now back ordered about a month so I can't get my Form 4 going until it ships and the SN transfers to CDS Arms. Meh, what's one more month in the big scheme of things lol. Hopefully the eForm 4 comes back before I file and it has some time savings with it. The eForm 1 is back up now.

Update on eForms from an industry roundtable held by the ATF: http://www.silencershop.com/eforms-2...ry-roundtable/

Summary: ATF wants Form 4 added back to eForms in 3-6 months with wait times reduced to 3-6 months. They're adding lots of examiners and decreasing the backlog.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 07-25-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Just submitted my eform Form 1 and paid the $200 for my Draco-C AK Pistol SBR. I found a cheap Romanian underfolder stock kit and a nice Romanian original vertical grip handguard. Hopefully it only takes 3 months because I only have about an hour of drilling and filing to open the receiver holes to match the factory installed underfolder trunnion in the pistol.

Should look like this when it's done:

Holy cow, NFA Tracker confirms it, a little over 1 month now for eForm Form 1's!

http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post

VERY not-too-shabby!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Got the eForm 1 for the SBR AK pistol back in 20 calender days! Crazy! Took about 2 hours last night to open up holes in the receiver to match the rear trunnion and get the stock installed.

I played around with the vertical grip I have. I'm having a hard time finding an original Romanian that curves backwards to allow the stock to neatly fold forward.

Feels great with the grip on the front and using it more as a hand stop or angled fore grip. Then I played around with the Huntertown Arms 7.62 AK suppressor my friend has. This might be the next one on the list. It's a little heavy but overall pretty cool and built for the job.

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    Nice AK Josh - that fore grip looks really nice in wood, and has to feel solid as a rock compared to a pic mount type of fore grip I would think. Suppressor also looks quite good and doesn't appear to add an extreme amount of length to the barrel. How's the balance with that skeletonized folding butt stock vs. all that wood furniture up front? I'm guessing it might actually help with muzzle rise to have that weight forward bias when you're running through a mag?

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

That AK suppressor made by Huntertown Arms just for AK's with the metric thread and a little extra bore allowance for sloppy AK threadmachining isn't mine YET! It's next on the list. I was just trying it on. Weight wasn't much different from a normal AK with a full length barrel, and the metal folding stock probably weighs close to the same as a normal polymer stock. The wood grip is very cool, both being original and solid. Since that pic I swapped that one off because you can't fold the stock up with it on and I have switched it for an original Romanian grip that has a reverse curve to allow clearance for the stock, just took me awhile to find one. The gun doesn't jump around much at all, really nice to shoot.

Form 1s are still 30 days or less efiled and I just got a Form 4 in 3 months and 10 days.

Sent the Form 1 on this today...

Got the Form 4 on this last week:

Aaaaaaaand I was wrong, that Form 1 is going to be closer to 60 days.

I think Form 4's are back out to 4-6 months, I have one in process since March 6th I was hoping to see in 3 months.

For anyone still interested, there are some changes that take effect in 179 days.

CLEO sign off is no longer required for individual or trust applications. It is changing to a CLEO notification that you will mail, so you will no longer wait for CLEO approval and now trusts will be required to send the notification.

Trusts will be required to submit information, photos, and fingerprints for all responsible individuals listed on the trust with each application. Not official but this will probably eliminate efiling unless the ATF figures out a way to scan fingerprints, which won't happen.

There will probably be a lot of NFA sales and approval lead time increases as trusts try to make purchases in the next 179 days.

Thread Information