Jim: “You mean the SEAL Team 6 one?”

Bob: “No, the other one.”

Jim: “You mean the State Dept. lying about Benghazi ?”

Jim: “You mean the voter fraud?”

Jim: “You mean the military not getting their votes counted?”

Jim: “You mean that 3 or 4 of Obama’s gay friends were mysteriously murdered when they came forward with claims he was gay too?”

Jim: “You mean the president demoralizing and breaking down the military?”

Jim: “You mean not following up with Russia on the Boston Bombers?”

Jim: “The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything else?”

Jim: “You mean the president wanting to kill Americans with drones in our own country without the benefit of the law?”

Jim: “Giving technologies $100′s of millions and then right after they declare bankruptcy?”

Jim: “You mean the president arming the Muslim Brotherhood?”

Jim: “The IRS targeting Americans?”

Jim: “The DOJ spying on the press?”

Jim: “Sebelius shaking down health insurance executives?”

Jim: “The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything else?”

Jim: “The president’s ordering the release of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants from jails and prisons and falsely blaming the sequester?”

Jim: “The president’s threat to impose gun control by Executive Order in order to bypass Congress?”

Jim: “The president’s repeated violation of the law requiring him to submit a budget no later than the first Monday in February?”

Jim: “The 2012 vote where 115% of all registered voters in some counties voted 100% for Obama?”

Bob: “No, the other one.
    “Jim: “The president’s unconstitutional recess appointments in an attempt to circumvent the Senate’s advise-and-consent role?”

Jim: “The State Department interfering with an Inspector General investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?”

Jim: “HHS employees being given insider information on Medicare Advantage?”

Jim: “Clinton, the IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?”

Jim: “I give up! … Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million low-information voters stuck us again with the most corrupt administration in American history?”

Bob: “THAT’S THE ONE!”

'07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Web Wheeler!
    Perfect!!!!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I'm not Obama fan, but do you really think Obama was any different than previous presidents when it came to shady behavior? He's the first president of the "social media" age. I'm not entirely convinced that things are any "worse" (in terms of corruption) than before -- just that a lot more gets reported (and exaggerated/rumored) due to social media and the being-first-to-report-is-better-than-fact-checking 24/7 news cycle.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    I'm not Obama fan, but do you really think Obama was any different than previous presidents when it came to shady behavior? He's the first president of the "social media" age. I'm not entirely convinced that things are any "worse" (in terms of corruption) than before -- just that a lot more gets reported (and exaggerated/rumored) due to social media and the being-first-to-report-is-better-than-fact-checking 24/7 news cycle.
    I believe him and his cronies have pulled way more injustices directly on the public than usual, and with all that has come to light I doubt that there's much reason to think otherwise.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

I believe he's the worst ever and less than half his bs has come to light.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

I believe there is far more to it as well. I don't care for Democrats but I would say most of them do care about this country, they just don't know how the hell to fix it. Obama is different, and other than believing he absolutely hates this country I don't really know what else to make of it.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scout View Post
    they just don't know how the hell to fix it
    Neither do Republicans, Libertarians, Whigs, Confederates, Nazis, Communists, or even Joe Internetpoliticalfixer. Everyone thinks they have the answer when things are going wrong, but the "answer" always creates a new set of problems when implemented. It's the natural cycle of politics.

Besides, most of the problems are ultimately caused by what is(n't) done when things are going well, anyways.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    It'd be nice if the answer was f%!#$#!@ off government, stop throwing gasoline on fires trying to "fix" things.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    Neither do Republicans, Libertarians, Whigs, Confederates, Nazis, Communists, or even Joe Internetpoliticalfixer. Everyone thinks they have the answer when things are going wrong, but the "answer" always creates a new set of problems when implemented. It's the natural cycle of politics.

Besides, most of the problems are ultimately caused by what is(n't) done when things are going well, anyways.
    I disagree I think there are quite a few politicians that DO know how to fix it. Except they would probably be killed in the first year, definitely not reelected.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    They wouldnt get re-elected, becaise eliminating laws and not giving other people' s money away isnt important to the voting majority.
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scout View Post
    I disagree I think there are quite a few politicians that DO know how to fix it. Except they would probably be killed in the first year, definitely not reelected.
    Even if getting re-elected had nothing to do with the decision-making process, any long term fix is going to have short term consequences. Any short term fix is going to have long term consequences. Those consequences are then going to shift to be the "political problem of the day". There will ALWAYS be a pull towards fixing the consequences. Thus it's impossible to just fix a problem without creating another.

If history is any indicator, pretty much every large civilization ever built by man has constantly struggled to fix the short term problems before fixing long term problems. The problem being is that constant goal to fix short term problems causes even bigger long term issues that eventually grow large enough that they cannot be fixed.

I'm not disagreeing that people should "suck it up" and deal with the short term consequences for long term health. Nor am I saying that political discussions are useless since any solution will eventually create more problems. I'm just saying that there is not a single person or party that is going to be able to fix things without creating more problems. I'd even argue that if you branch the universe into X different universes -- each of which all political decisions are in line with a very similar group of beliefs among a party, each universe will still eventually crop up with its own issues and disagreements will arise on how to fix it (thus creating new political parties).
    Last edited by SirFuego; 06-25-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    ^People always want short term gratification. Never long-term-pain for true gain.

Thread Information