Thread: Side by side comparison/review. Skyjacker 4" coils vs Full Traction 4" coils

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

Side by side comparison/review. Skyjacker 4" coils vs Full Traction 4" coils

So this is the start of what will be a fairly lengthy thread. I'm currently in the process of making my TJ ride better. the current set up is:

Full Traction 4" long arm
    Skyjacker Nitro shocks
    Teraflex rear sway bar
    JKS front disconnects to the factory sway bar

currently i'm pleased with the handling. it handles like it's a roller skate. However, it seems like it rides a little bit like it's a roller skate as well.

After having a pretty good discussion with Lonnie from Skyjacker, he suggested i try their 4" coils. He said they've done side by side comparisons against other 4" coils in the industry but never against full traction's. He wants to get my honest comparison with them side by side.

so i have a set of 4" coils on the way from skyjacker. I'm going to leave the almost new (3000 mile) nitro shocks on the rig and just do a spring comparison.

I'll also include ride height, spring length, and my impressions on ride quality. I will say though, it's extremely nice to be able to shoot a facebook message or email to someone that high up in a company and have them personally talk to you about your setup. especially when you're not looking at high dollar shocks (my original question to him).

what a super nice guy. I look forward to comparing the coils side by side and sharing my findings on here.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Can we place bets?

I'm going with negligible. Start with shocks. Wayne Israelson has done a ton of work with TJs, and his valving in the Foxs is unmatched. Jay Hopko swapped and noticed a huge difference in ride quality.
    Something catchy goes here.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I used to run skyjacker's 4" soft ride coil springs on my first TJ. They were one of the better springs that I used over the years. It rode really nice paired with their hydro shocks but even better with old man emu LT shocks. I never touched the nitros cuz they were just too stiff for a TJ. The thing I liked about the skyjacker coils was that they were durable and lasted many years without flaking or rusting like every other coil spring I've used.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    it's possible it may be no different.

we'll find out. Lonnie sent them out to compare. so why not.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Thread Information