Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Its a disease I tell you - XJ4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its a disease I tell you - XJ4

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Its a disease I tell you - XJ4

Bought this 99 today for $500. It runs well, needs a cooling flush, a suspension, and rockers, and an efan. Floor is surprisingly solid. Ac even works! Roof and lots of paint look ugly, and the hatch lock mech is unlinked. Oh, and it runs great, but stalls when it goes into gear. I figure either a ground, a TPS, or the connection to the dist.

I think the plan will be to move over all the goodies from my white XJ, put in new rockers (.125" 2x4) and part that one out. I cant see getting anything good out of the other XJ right now with the work I would have to put into this one.

Bringing it home tomorrow, neighbors will love me more At least now, I wont have to deal with 96 build quality any longer.

(and I dont name cars... this one is XJ #4, so its XJ4. The wife's is XJ3, my white one is XJ2, and the one that's in a junkyard somewhere after that ass with the drugs smashed it was XJ1. That was a sweet 01... 60K miles)
    Last edited by Azzy; 03-22-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I think I'm on XJ #7 or #8. They follow me home.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=7][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=7][SIZE=3]I'm not a "Jeeper" I have no clue what the Jeep thing is. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Less posting, more wheeling!
    That's clean for $500.
    Heat the hole freeze the shaft

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Got a better look today. Headliner is shot. Radio is stock Jeep. Was in a wreck, as the drivers fender sits 1/2" too far back, interferes with the front clip and hood.

Couldnt get it to drive. Went once around the block stalled out. Put it in reverse, stalls. Battery cables are corroded to hell and back. Battery is "Used Battery Brand" brand, I shit you not. Floor is solid. Ebrake just goes to the sky. Oil pressure jumps around a bit when cold, when it will idle.

Replaced the CPS, have a new TPS but need to work at removing the old one as the screws are beginning to strip.

Rear leafs are inverted.

Might have sold it to teh tow truck driver for a bit more than I paid for it, when I get it running. May be going to grab an 88 MJ next weekend instead Its a sickness.....
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    CPS replaced, ground refreshed, wires checked.... still no start when warm.

http://youtu.be/7zk3egttD6k
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    sounds like a basket case
    vendors that did me right during my build .check them out

[URL]http://rockstomper.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.ballisticfabrication.com[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.foothillmotorsports.com[/URL] best deal on super swampers
    [URL]http://www.kore4x4customs.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://polyperformance.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.completeoffroad.com[/URL]

When you turn it over, your dash looks like a Christmas tree!!!

I mean,

'07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    When you turn it over, your dash looks like a Christmas tree!!!
    Thats how they all look like it when they start.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I don't miss my cherokee(s). Not one bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Thats how they all look like it when they start.

REALLY?! Now that's disconcerting...
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    I don't miss my cherokee(s). Not one bit lol.
    You speak lies! haha you have to miss the red/camo one, that thing was with you for most of your life through good and bad, and the interior was a testimony to awesomeness. I loved that interior. That XJ was badass.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    REALLY?! Now that's disconcerting...
    Yeah, its the cluster sensor startup test. Heck, they do it if they arent even in a vehicle and you juice them with 12v.

Frustrating thing is I know its got to be something simle. It might just be bad gas, since the thing sat for so long.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Frustrating thing is I know its got to be something simle. It might just be bad gas, since the thing sat for so long.
    Yeah... THAT'LL do it. When we finally got rolling on fixing up the RC 2 years ago, my mechanic dropped the tank, drained it, and then added fresh gas, before attempting to refire it. A bi-OTCH, since it still had about 10 gallons in it, but better than trying to send un-treated 6 year old gas through the engine!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    its got a quarter tank. Guess I could pull the line and just let it run the fuel pump for a bit. I want to just top it off and run some stabil or something through, but know that wont do crap for me. And, I dont want to toss $50 bucks into it on the back end! Money is tight so im selective on what is going in at the moment.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Progress! Kinda.

We got it running. So far, parts fixed / replaced:

CPS
    TPS
    Coil (it was cracked)
    Cap/rotor
    Sparkplug wires

So we got it started, but it dies a few times. Randomly. So we replaced the battery terminal connectors. Just the jostle of the jeep going in gear dropped the whole thing.

Also cleaned up the connector for the ring under the cap (what is that called?) and then it actually ran longer than warming up. We took it around the block, it stalled about 8 times. But it drove. We even got it up to 60, and found that the hood was not totally secured. Wow. That was crazy. http://instagram.com/p/rx8c1-P5eY/?modal=true

So it will need the hood fixed. Or replaced. Hinges are bent up too.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Need any tires wheels? I got five 235 mud tires on black soft-8's that will fit that nicely. I'm really trying to get rid of these!
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I do, and yet, I dont. How aggressive is the tread, and what are you asking?
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Lol! I just bought another one last night myself... 98' 4door 5 speed. It's kinda rusty but 113k miles, old man emu lift and the interior is as clean as I have ever seen. It'll save miles on my truck

I can't think of what number xj this would make for me...
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

I do, and yet, I dont. How aggressive is the tread, and what are you asking?
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4573309803.html

I can do $150 or $100, whatever you can afford. Just want em gone so I can free up space here.

They were on my TJ for the past two years and the dry rot on the sidewalls made me to remove them and get new tires/wheels. They can still be run I'm sure but I'm anal about shi$ like that. They would be a good off road set that you can run without a lift or any rubbing.

What the tread looks like but this was when they were new:

https://www.treadwright.com/individu...ER-235-75R15-C
    Last edited by muddeprived; 08-19-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I got a set of those in 32", their compouds had cracking problems, but I think its not an issue any longer. Im looking more for streetable tires at this point, so I'll have to pass, but thanks
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Given that when the engine goes to temp, it stalls, we figured it would be a good idea to change out the temp sender. JUst did, starts easier now, idles very smooth... until it gets up to temp. But there is good news! It finally threw a code. P0141, and P0138. Both 02 sensor codes. Going to look over the harness if it is nice out tomorrow, and check the fuses again.

turns out amazon has a sale on NGK sensors, so I got an upstream and down, just in case. 33 shipped is not bad at all! Also had to order a new angle grinder, that was one of the things that vanished, and still need to cut the last bolt holding on the hitch.

Should probably hit up eastwood for some powder so some of this stuff can get finished too.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Grumble. New O2 upstream in, nothing. Still got to put in the rear. Finally chopped off the one remaining nut holding on the hitch. Got the new hood on too (Thanks Beats!).
    Compression test (engine warm, but not up to operating temp):
    #1 is 103
    #2 is 99
    #3 is 97
    #4 is 94
    #5 is 94
    #6 is 100

Guess I got to go out and check the codes again, and the wiring, and the bolts holding on the trans. Read that they can shift if loose and make the CPS lose signal.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    So this might be something. New TPS, at idle and WOT.. reads by the computer as 20% throttle and 75%.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

My be studied to mention, but did you make sure the butterfly arm isint bent? Just a suggestion, it's odd that a new sensor still reads that much off. I've got another throttle body if you wanna try it.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Tossed in a new sensor (BWD... but at the time, all I could get, but has lifetime warranty, right) and while in thhere started inspecting the harness. Turns out my fuel rail ate through 3 wires in my harness. Now my oil pressure reads steady, and no sudden stalls. Even took it for a drive after it idled for about 20 min... Sits at 200F no problem, and shifts fine. Hell, the shifter gate plastic was stuck because I dont think it has ever moved past "D".

Got a bit to work on, and still need to get the new downstream on there, but it is running! Seth, when we heading out to finish pillaging Beat's xj? I'll have to remember to buy a case of beer to bring along.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Thread Information