Thread: east hickory creek

east hickory creek

the area of east hickory creek that I fish is lures & flies only and you can,t keep the trout but it is a lot of fun. there is a major hatch of green drakes within a week or so, there are also sulphers &blue duns hatching at this time. I won a 2/3 weight custom graphite fly rod at a T.U. show a few years ago and this increased my fly fishing intrest by a 100 per cent. A few weeks ago I hooked & landed an 18 inch brown & saw more behind it (prince nymph) made one ugly roll cast & promptly hooked another when I got it in some one was clapping I looked up expecting to see my son but it was somebody I had never met. He inquired about my rod & asked if he could see it, seems he was from Vermont & is a fishing guide there so while he,s got my custom rod I,m eyeballing his bamboo custom rod my 2/3 weight graphite is real nice his was exceptional. We got to talking about fly rods & it turns out he makes around 75 rods throught out the winter so it seems he had a light weight blank and a few weeks before he starts guiding we agree on a price for a custom bamboo fly rod I hand him a down payment exchange phone numbers addresses etc. and a few days ago it arrived! A thing of beauty burl cherry reel seat 5 foot 8 inches 2/3 weight appox 1 ounce of perfectness. This rod throws the line where you,re looking and so easy to use I,ve been playing with it in my yard it,s a pure pleasure. I so can,t wait to get to camp and fish E.Hickory my son & I are outta here Thrus.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Thats badass! I love hunting trout as well. I run a 4 weight quarrow I won a few years back with an older pflueger medalist. I like spinning on ultralight gear in the 4' range with 2lb test...good times PA has some of the best trout fishing nationwide.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Trail Leader
    I just got back from Tidioute. Fished Brokenstraw creek in Pittsfield and did pretty good. Caught some nice heavy rainbows and browns.
    -1988 Suzuki Samurai--4 Skwirls--SOA--High Steer--The New Woods Beater!!!
    -2003 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD--3.4L--5 speed--285's--rear e-locker
    -2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road--4.0L--6 speed--Shrockworks Bumper--Wife's Ride

Thread Information