Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Looking for a Garage to help finish my v8 yj swap

Thread: Looking for a Garage to help finish my v8 yj swap

Noob!

Looking for a Garage to help finish my v8 yj swap

I have hit the wall hard in progress on my Jeep swap. I have a 91 yj with a 98 chevy 350 vortec v8, 4l60e auto, ford 8.8 rear end, dana 44 front end. I have gotten pretty far in my build, but the wiring is killing me right now. The engine was from a van and it has a reprogrammed computer with all existing wiring intact. The wiring is the biggest headache but I still need power steering hoses hooked up as well as fuel lines. I need somewhere in the Pittsburgh area (South Hills) to take my jeep to help me over the hump so I can enjoy my toy. If anyone knows of a shop that handle the wiring to get me running please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I strongly suggest getting a painless or afi harness. Its literally plug it in and fire it up.
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

Noob!
    I was hoping to avoid that, but I guess that option is still on the table. Sucks that I have a perfect harness that came with the motor.

How much grief and anguish has the free perfect harness cost ya? I have used painless before and I am currently doing the factory modified harness for an lt1 in a '49 Chevy truck I am working on. The factory harness modification, research, and time to get it right far exceeded the cost of a painless harness. I have been playing with fuel injection for a long time otherwise I would have been lost big time in sorting it all out. If you paid a shop to do it id bet it would be in the 1k+ price range. I had a solid 2 days in tracing and I know what I'm doing, plus it was already started by the PO. In the end you will likely (if you're paying someone to do it) have more money wrapped up in a cut and pieced factory harness than a clean stand alone harness.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

As the owner of a garage I can assure you that it is cheaper to buy a Painless harness than to pay someone to finish a project. Look around the web and find a harness or give up and put an Edelbrock manifold and Throw a carb/HEI in it.

I personally tried using a factory harness when I put a TBI 350 in my cj. It kicked my ass hard core. I found affordable fuel injection on pirate and will never mess with a stock harness ever again. Everyone at afi was very helpful. I honestly had maybe 3 hours installing my harness. Every wire was labeled and they send a very detailed instruction manual too.

I'm assuming you have a fuel pump that can feed your v8?
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I have a guy we use at my shop that does wiring , hes awesome but doesn't come cheap at all .. if you want his number ill get it for ya but personally id get a harness
    vendors that did me right during my build .check them out

[URL]http://rockstomper.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.ballisticfabrication.com[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.foothillmotorsports.com[/URL] best deal on super swampers
    [URL]http://www.kore4x4customs.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://polyperformance.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.completeoffroad.com[/URL]

Noob!
    Painless harness came today, looks a good bit easier than what I was dealing with. As far as I know the fuel pump I have puts out the psi the motor needs. Thanks guys for the tips. Ill make a post to show the progress one of these days.

Noob!
    Update.... Still stuck. Thinking I'm over my head at this point. New to the area and I don't really know any trustworthy mechanics. I have a majority of the painless wiring hooked up. I really just need someone to give things a once over and give me some pointers on things I can do myself. What ever I can't do I would glady pay to get this thing running. I've googled, got schematics on the engine ,but still just at a stand still. Anyone with a recommendation feel feel to message me.

In what area are you located?
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Quote Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
    In what area are you located?
    Yep - kinda helps to post that on your profile.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Noob!
    Bethel Park, sorry.

Noob!

Noob!

Looks good so far. I think it wil be a lot easier to drive it out of the garage than push it.

Noob!

The day we got it with the 2.5 4 cyl.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    A little late to the party but there is companies that will mod your harness for $250. Cheaper than a painless.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=7][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=7][SIZE=3]I'm not a "Jeeper" I have no clue what the Jeep thing is. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thread Information