Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

WJ build for outdoor fun - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WJ build for outdoor fun

Less posting, more wheeling!
    When you're running 35's (or bigger), a correct-size spare is NICE to have!!!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Trail Leader
    Alright, so the rockers and bumper are not even started yet, but I got some other stuff going.

Got my steering linkage mounted. Unfortunately I did a less than acceptable job eyeballing the toe-in. On a weekend getaway 2 weeks before the 'big' vacation, I lost 3/32 of front tread (tires got bald). I needed new tires before (for) the vacation trip
    I went back and forth between getting new 35s for my JK wheels (17") or taking my chances on fiting 15" wheels and 35s. I went the 15" route for my wallet's sake. The set of 35x12.5R17 would have been $1350. The set of 35x12.5R15 with 15x8 rims was $1200. Next time I need tires I'll be below a grand for the set. Let's hope I don't have to get bushwackers to cover the rubber.

You can also see the new light pods front and back. They run off the house batteries, are wired into a fuse box, 4 relays, and 4 individual switches. The lights are intended for night outings and camp setup in the dark (no street use). I can swivel them 90 degrees towards the outside if need be.

Here my currently favorite shot of the WJ from the beach vacation:

'02 WJ, 4" lift, 35s, 242HD, Ox locker - trussed Super30 front, ARB locker - trussed and skid plated D44a rear, OBA, winch, light bars and a kitchen sink.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Love the build man.

what fridge are you running?
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Trail Leader
    The fridge is an old, little, dorm fridge. Unsure of the manufacturer.
    '02 WJ, 4" lift, 35s, 242HD, Ox locker - trussed Super30 front, ARB locker - trussed and skid plated D44a rear, OBA, winch, light bars and a kitchen sink.

Trail Leader
    The fridge has actually a Sanyo tag on it.

I like it. Nice job so far.
    Heat the hole freeze the shaft

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    I like it

Trail Leader
    After realizing that I have better light to setup camp than for driving to the camp site (putting candles in front would be an upgrade over the stock headlights), I decided to replace the front flood lights with spots for driving. I got 2 30W, 10 degree spots and put them on the roof. The 18W flood pods went into the bumper, and hooked up to the stock fog light wiring.

Trail Leader
    Got the HKOffroad winch mount for the WJ. Now if somebody would buy my JK takeoffs so I can get a winch!

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Slick!

Trail Leader
    Finally got a winch and mounted it too. Still have to clock the gear box to get the clutch handle in a better position, and find a spot for the control box.

PghOffRoad Regular
    looks great, it's come a long way. I hope we can do a ride at rock run this spring. the wife has gotten some up grades too, i'll have to get a more updated photo. are you going to bantam this year?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tow hook View Post
    the wife has gotten some up grades too, i'll have to get a more updated photo.
    Looking forward to that, although I fail to see how bigger ta-ta's will help out at Rock Run.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Looking forward to that, although I fail to see how bigger ta-ta's will help out at Rock Run.
    Bigger ta ta's help with EVERYTHING!
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    Bigger ta ta's help with EVERYTHING!
    My bad - I think I'm spending too much time on Pirate...

Trail Leader
    I did not go to Bantam the last couple years. My schedule was not Jeep friendly. Don't know yet how this year will turn out. I definitely want to go to RockRun a couple times.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    ta ta always help. lol

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    I did not go to Bantam the last couple years. My schedule was not Jeep friendly. Don't know yet how this year will turn out. I definitely want to go to RockRun a couple times.
    with us both on the same size tire, and drive train, we can have a nice day out there. and not get to deep and break those darn front cv axle shafts. we ll make plans, just post here, or send me a p/m. it's been 2 years scence I seen ya last. jeep looks great.

Trail Leader
    It's been a while but I recently had a chance to work on the Jeep again. So in order to pass inspection, I have to get my rocker panel situation figured out. Since the best way to fix something is to upgrade, I started to replace the rocker panels with 2x5 3/16 square steel. Special thanks once again to WJLizard who facilitated and provided shelter, tools and motivation.

that's the first side done:

As soon as the schedule allows, we will tackle the driver side as well. Hopefully before a cop notices my expired inspection.
    I also have a set of rub rails for the sliders on order and will weld them up within the next couple weeks (schedule permitting).

Trail Leader
    After that i tackled a few useless projects that add a nice touch to the build, and can be completed within an evening or two.

I replaced the interior light bulbs with LEDs.

Wrapped the wood grain with something that matches the Jeep's color scheme:

And I added bug screen to the rear windows, so I can keep the windows open without letting chitin armored intruders in. Especially useful for airflow when I bring the fridge along.

PghOffRoad Regular
    the foam in the rocker panels, is the killer. behind the rear doors/ wheel well is the next to rust. the jeep looks good, hope to catch up with you soon. I like the screens in the back windows

Last edited by tow hook; 05-06-2016 at 03:05 PM.

PghOffRoad Regular
    i'd add 2-3 kickers for support

Trail Leader
    New storage system. Found some flight cases in the exact right dimensions to be drawers of sorts. I cut them to the right height and built them a new home in my trunk. The access door in the bottom gives quick access to the wheel well. I have some spare parts and fluids down there.

It's nice that I can pull the flight cases out and take them inside to load/unload.

PghOffRoad Regular
    looks good, I hope to meet up with you at bantam

Trail Leader
    I put the PGH-OffRoad hitch cover on for Bantam! Hope to meet yinz!

Thread Information