Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New ride

Thread: New ride

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

New ride

And here it is the day I picked it up:

Its a 99 BMW R1100GS ABS, with almost 75K on the clock. Rides phenomenally, and insurance paid for most of it. I just got to fab up better bags, not a fan of the stock ones. And add some fog light... especially for fall riding.

I found it on ADV Rider, flew to Boston, and drove it back home via Mass, Conn, NJ, DE, MD. Ive already had it on a ship, up and down mountinas, and took it offroad for the first time in its life. The ABS works great (especially around these wet leaves) and those tires are perfect in just about everything. All I got to do is raise the levers a bit, which will be when I have to do brake maintenance anyhow.
    Last edited by Azzy; 10-16-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    SICK!!!

What's the life expectancy on those tires? I bet they do awesome off the slab, but I would kill them with my daily work commuting.

I'm jealous of the crash bars. Very nice!

I also wasn't happy with the handlebars. I bought those inexpensive Rox risers to raise the bars and bring them back towards me. Very comfortable position now.

Fab yourself a light bar that uses the two bolts under the beak that go into the oil cooler bracket. I made mine out of a piece of 1" square tube. When I hit that deer this past summer it bent it down pretty good and didn't damage the oil cooler, so don't worry about those people that say it will.

I have a hard copy FSM if you need any pics of pages. This winter I think I'm going to be replacing my head gaskets. They're weeping oil pretty bad. I thought it was REALLY bad on the left side but that turned out to be mostly the oil pressure sending unit under the left head leaking. Now its the same as both sides, black and almost wet, but no drip.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Ive heard up to 8000 miles on them. Guess it depends on riding style. conservative estimate is 6K, these have about 3-4K on them now. I really lucked out. Full Ohlins suspension, all the basic tourtech goodies, even a tank and tailbag. Owner 1 did all the miles, 2 did all the farkles (and then sold it because of illness) and 3 is a cool dude who just had too many bikes and a sore back.

I have the stock vstrom bar and think I might swap it on so I can get a set of vibranators, really would help my hands, they are fairly sensitive to vibration because of a few injuries. Thats going to be interesting on wiring. I tried adding a Rox riser, but the antivib riser wont fit on this year. And to go higher, I got to replace the upper hose (which are fairly new stainless wrapped lines).

But still, I love this thing. Sucks that winter is on the way, and I dont have a garage.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

nice bike.

I have some round lights for ya that are more of a yellow color the white. I'll trade ya for more stickers
    Owner

www.trailbrightled.com

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Got any square ones? Ideally I would want to go with a wide on one side, and a spot on the other. And keep it small, not trying to have huge lights hanging out up front.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

I love that!
    i also want one, LOL.
    Its never the program, always the programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    If I hadn't met you, I'd assume you were a 90 nerd wearing huge glasses after saying that, LMAO!

Web Wheeler!
    Sweet
    I have a 2012 GS650
    Mike

2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
    3.6L, Auto, 4 Door, Silver
    3" BDS springs and shocks w/1" front spacer, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Level 8 Wheels, Warn Elite Bumper w/Hoop
    Smitty Built XRC10 Winch, Jeep Fuel Door, Rugged Ridge Tail Light Guards, Rugged Ridge XHD rear bumper with spare tire carrier,
    BFG M/T 285/75/17

2003 Jeep TJ Rubicon Inca Gold Auto
    2004 Jeep TJ Sport Khaki Auto

BECAUSE EVERY MAN SHOULD HAVE TWO RUBICONS

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    My only problem... where the f to put it over the winter!
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    My only problem... where the f to put it over the winter!
    I'll trade you indoor safe storage for stickers. I have the 36x46 pole building
    Owner

www.trailbrightled.com

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Lol Thats a bit of a haul, and I want to do a bit of work on it over the winter. PLanning on adding LED lights. Oh, pointed some dudes from ADV rider your way in a discussion about LEDs with covers.
    ___
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Thanks and just let me know when you want lights. Trades are good
    Owner

www.trailbrightled.com

Thread Information