Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Creek Falls Info..

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    I know the trails real well, have lead a few trail rides down there, but sundays are no good as I work Sun-Thurs. Aug 15th might work for me. Its been a while since I have been there, but would love to go back soon.

Also its a good idea to stay off the game lands. They will fine you. Last time I was there, there were survey markers so you knew what was what. But, like I said, it has been a while.
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    As of right now id be down for the 15th. Get back from vacation that monday, get my jeep aligned and hopefully it don't rain to much or work doesn't interfere. I should be done with work that morning by 930am or so. Meeting Place to go in down there? Not too terribly familiar with that area.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    The 15th would be good for me. Are there any other details on this ?

Trail Leader
    anyone gonna trailer?? if so where will you be parking?

side note, heard some rumors about dcnr being down there any details of this floating around??
    15th will be cool for me if i can get the big block running right, if not maybe i will put a clutch in the yota.

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by notmYJ View Post
    I know the trails real well, have lead a few trail rides down there, but sundays are no good as I work Sun-Thurs. Aug 15th might work for me. Its been a while since I have been there, but would love to go back soon.

Also its a good idea to stay off the game lands. They will fine you. Last time I was there, there were survey markers so you knew what was what. But, like I said, it has been a while.
    The borders of the state gamelands will have white blazes painted on the trees. Always a good idea to avoid them when wheeling.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I'm out, we are heading to rock run that weekend.

I did hear a rumor about citations being written out for being in or around the water??? Not sure of the details on that one. Maybe someone can chime in?
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#2f4f4f][SIZE=3]Build Thread of my first Project[/SIZE]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#fffacd][URL]http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10689[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    last weekend a local kid told me they used to fine people for crossing the crick cus they stock the strem durring trout season, My guess is around the time they stock it they start to look for that... but I don't know for sure.
    the crick was high last weekend.
    and there was trash everywhere....
    My buddies trailer in and park by the tracks. so far so good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It really is sad that stupidity isn't as painful for the stupid as it is for those forced to witness it!"

Web Wheeler!
    I live about five minutes away from the falls. I'd be game if I could hitch a ride with someone. I know most of the trails. I was back there yesterday or the day before and there is a burnt car by D9, and like usual, thousands of beer cans everywhere. The falls are awsome if you live 4 wheeling in everyone's garbage. I've seen pictures of it back when my dad and his buddies went there, it was clean as all hell. Now it's trashed. I would not recommend leaving any of your vehicles sit by the tressle because people always knock out windows and steal radios and everything that isn't bolted down.

PghOffRoad Regular

falls

the trash is from all the 14 year old douches gettin krunk down there we are goin down this weekend sunday at 11
    96 xj on currie hi 9 axles locked on 38s

[url]www.hfofab.com[/url] for the best shit....

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    I would not recommend leaving any of your vehicles sit by the tressle because people always knock out windows and steal radios and everything that isn't bolted down.
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

Trail Leader
    i am in for the 15th and might be down on sunday. if i can get it back to the trailer and loaded i will consider disposing of the burnt car.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    what time saturday the 15th, im down ill give you hand draggin the car out too if needed.

Trail Leader
    I was just up in that area canoeing and bike riding yesterday and today. We stopped at casparis and the look out. One of the locals said that the best way into creek falls now was the chaintown entrance. Those that have been there know what I mean.
    97 Jeep TJ 4in. lift 35" MT, winch, 8.8
    2000 Dodge Cummins, Auto to 5 speed swap complete.

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by koenig View Post
    One of the locals said that the best way into creek falls now was the chaintown entrance. Those that have been there know what I mean.

We always go through Chaintown. There is also a back way, but it's pretty rough, I wouldn't take anything else but a quad through it. The Chaintown route is fairly easy. I've crossed the first creek in a 2wd Ford F150. Most of you wont need 4wd until you cross the second creek, but you might not, depending on how much it rains. I am also aware of another route. It's possibly posted or some asshole cut down trees and put them on the path. Knowing this area, both are extremely possible. If any of you are willing to give me a ride, I could probably meet you at the Chaintown entrance or Dawson Bridge, depending on which way you are coming from.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    I am also aware of another route. It's possibly posted or some asshole cut down trees and put them on the path.
    I think that means the landowner doesn't want you there, so stop using that trail.
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    Also if some of you are looking for some challenging stuff, try going up the second (small) creek. We did it a couple times, but needed a winch, and had some damage in the group. Busted axle shaft, lost a rear spring in a TJ, body damage and almost flopped. You will need at least 33's and a winch to try it. At least 35's and lockers to get far up it.

Good time and lots of photo ops if anyone wants to try it. - would but I won't be able to make it.
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TimMichaels View Post
    I think that means the landowner doesn't want you there, so stop using that trail.
    In that area, not really. There are those that have nothing to do with the land & still feel they have the right to try & cause problems.

Trail Leader
    There is a bridge getting worked on right before the tunnel and main bridge into layton. It is closed and you will need to detour around it. If you are familiar with the area you can cut through perryopolis and there is a dirt trail that runs across the top of the mountain and down over the tunnel. It pops you out right between the tunnel and the parking area for the yough river trail. From what I was told it is a "locals only detour" It will save you probably 15-20 min. of additional driving. I towed a trailer loaded with canoes up it in my jeep and didn't have any trouble. It is not on private land, just and old road that no body uses anymore. Locals were even driving up and down the bike trail to get from town to town.
    97 Jeep TJ 4in. lift 35" MT, winch, 8.8
    2000 Dodge Cummins, Auto to 5 speed swap complete.

PghOffRoad Regular

falls

we are meetin at 11 down near hazelbakers this sunday

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    me and a bunch of guys are planning on going sat, yinz should go then. the weather may be pretty shitty on sun...
    sat looking like its gonna be decent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It really is sad that stupidity isn't as painful for the stupid as it is for those forced to witness it!"

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    or maybe we'll roll on Sunday. I'll see if I an sway their opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PghOffRoad Regular

falls

it is suppost to be 90 on sunday unless somethin drastic happened to the weather

Trail Leader
    went down last niht to snoop around. had n issue with my rag joint, it came apart. pulled on the burnt car for a little but started getting dark and got low on fuel. anyone heading down today? sat? the place is a mess text me 717 695 one four nine five. i wont be on computer will be messing with bronco. i am game for heading back down today and messing around some more.

Trail Leader
    Creek falls is my stomping grounds, on a quad last week I rode 4 hours straight and never hit the same trail, I notices gas wells been put in and you have to find the alternate trail etc etc, But in my 88 xj I could go through at least 87 percent of everything there d9 hill climbs mini rubi etc etc.. We would do day runs and night runs till morning,

Anyway as far as history I heard a lot of the stories mentioned above, I saw in my lifetime probally 120 burnt vehicals since I was a child riding quads to now,, sometimes you will be amazed when you trail riding and see some burnt vehicals in the wierdest places and then you look at its a freaking fwd car lol

Anyway creek hills is def a awesome place for all types of trail riding

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by xj jimmy View Post
    went down last niht to snoop around. had n issue with my rag joint, it came apart. pulled on the burnt car for a little but started getting dark and got low on fuel. anyone heading down today? sat? the place is a mess text me 717 695 one four nine five. i wont be on computer will be messing with bronco. i am game for heading back down today and messing around some more.
    I believe I saw you towing a bronco on a trailer saturday by the open pantry? I have a lifted gmc sierra

Thread Information