Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Misfit - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Misfit

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    I have not posted many updates but I am still putting a lot of evenings into this Tracker to get it street legal. I won't include all of the boring details but I do have a couple of hurdles that I can share. I finally have the fuel cell system up and working with no issues. The last piece of the fuel was the return line fitting. Since no one locally would make an attempt to find the fitting I needed, I took it into my own hands and soldered 3 Home Depot fittings together and I finally have a working fuel system.

AND.. I finally have the exhaust finished. It was rusted off at the manifold when I got it so it was a full rebuild, which I am used to. I used a stock tracker Cat from the junk yard, a glass pack THRUSH muffler and yes a copper stack. I definitely cant wait to open it up and hear the glass pack on the road!

home-made Home Depot fittings

All soldered and painted...in working order

threw the bed exhaust.
    I had to fire her up just to see the steam from the stack.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    The copper stack looks sweet! You should have posted something about needing a fitting, there is a fair chance I would have a -8 or -6 an barb fitting laying around (if I could find it that is). Your setup looks way better than my 20 minute hack job fuel cell install!

This bitch is just about road worthy. I bought a Bestop bikini top and my mom and I added to it and modified it to seal the cab up. We added the rear half and a window to give it that factory but custom look. She brought her “small” sewing machine over for this “build”. I think the pictures speak for themselves. Damn my mom has some skills!

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Very clean.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Definitely one of the coolest trackers I have ever seen.

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    Gotta love Deb!

That looks fantastic.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Nice job! Can't wait to see it in action.
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Definitely one of the coolest trackers I have ever seen.
    Not a tracker but close. This is an old build from Ralph with rear wheel steer. DSC_1170.jpg

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I see a theme...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Looks like it's turning out to be one sweet mini-rig
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

Just when I thought there was NOTHING left to do I overheard people talking about actually taking a day trip to drive off road. I guess skid plates are a necessity when driving off road, this thing is not just to drive to Target to buy tampons.

I finally broke down and decided aluminum plate is the way to go because of the weight saving factor. I’ve made so many skid plates I already had a plan so this was pretty easy to exicute.

Look at this fragile differential, it’s in the direct path for rock destruction!

The front skid plate is all one piece, no welds, just a few bends and 4 bolts!

Nice work and nice press brake.
    Last edited by DMG; 05-01-2019 at 03:12 PM.

For the main skid plate I used 3/16” aluminum plate and 1/8” aluminum angle. It’s so much lighter than the steel skid plates I used to make. I think it should hold up just as well as a steel skid also. Lots of bends, welds and evenings to get this all finished!

A few speed holes on the belly.

Ready for skid marks. Not the best picture, I’m no phographer.

Last edited by RalphDogg; 02-25-2018 at 11:10 AM.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Nice work! Be careful, it may be too nice to take off-road when you're done. Maybe you should start making those tampon runs now... Just to get used to them.

BTW, that's a really nice press brake... Makes me jealous!

It is clean now, but once the first scratch and dent happen it will be on. But I am hoping to make at least one car cruise before it gets too roached out. I always wanted to participate in car show. Theres a big one by my house every Saturday at Norwin Town Square, lots of Mustangs.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    This might be one of the coolest rigs I've ever seen!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    When do they start the car cruises again? Your tracker actually looks a little too nice to go tear up in the woods, that first scratch it going to hurt!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Nice work man. I see where you get your skills from Mom does good work too
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

Thanks I really appreciate all the positive comments. I just dropped it off for a state inspection. He repeatedly said “um” a lot and you “are going to get pulled over”. But he’s going to inspect it today. He mentioned mud flaps for the rear, which I totally agree with him on that. Fingers crossed it comes home with fresh stickers. The old stickers were still on the windshield, they expired in 1/2013.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    It looks like the fenders cover the tires and it has all the necessary lights from what I can tell, I can’t see why it wouldn’t pass. It’s a tracker so at least when you get pulled over you won’t be speeding!

Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    Thanks I really appreciate all the positive comments. I just dropped it off for a state inspection. He repeatedly said “um” a lot and you “are going to get pulled over”. But he’s going to inspect it today. He mentioned mud flaps for the rear, which I totally agree with him on that. Fingers crossed it comes home with fresh stickers. The old stickers were still on the windshield, they expired in 1/2013.

So? Did it pass???

Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post

So? Did it pass???

Passed emission, I have to install the mud flaps, the rear shackle bolts weren’t long enough to pass all the way threw the nylock nuts, and tighten up the front wheel bearing nuts, then back for a sticker. Pretty easy. He must have crawled all threw it. I told him I plan on towing it behind my motor home so I’m glad he noticed the little things I would have never thought of. I might get plastic trailer fenders to cover the rear tires and mount then to the axle so they can move with the tire. Just have to find the right ones.

Thread Information