Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Misfit - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Misfit

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    I’ve only had it up to 45 mph since im waiting on a sticker to hit the open road, but its extremely stable on the road and on sharp turns. I regrooved the swampers so it is bumpy, not to mention they are not balanced. A new set of tires would be much better at high speeds. I spent way too much money on tires last year between my RV, truck and trailer so I am milking the Swampers a few months.
    Last edited by RalphDogg; 02-27-2018 at 08:42 PM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Are you interested in a set of tires on tracker wheels?

What do you have?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    https://ibb.co/eyoiqx
    https://ibb.co/c891cc
    https://ibb.co/gHSMcc
    https://ibb.co/mTQk3H
    https://ibb.co/n8msiH
    dont think the wheels are corroded on the outside, that’s dried up mud. 2 of them do leak down over the course of about a week and a half (I think they have corrosion around the bead). Not really beat up either, with some elbow grease these should clean up well.
    Last edited by Keith; 02-27-2018 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added more bullshit

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Came off of this gem here (fenders coming soon). Don’t get jealous... lol!!!
    https://ibb.co/hfqPxc

I really don’t have a use for stock wheels because of the backspacing. Are those 16” wheels?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    15’s

That's a cool tracker. Great work! And your mom is so nice because she helped you.

In Misfit form I picked up a turbo from a 4 cylinder Perkins Diesel. I plan to run around 4-6lbs of boost to add a few horsepower to the already powerful oil burner. I will be collecting more parts and making the rest. Stay tuned.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    In Misfit form I picked up a turbo from a 4 cylinder Perkins Diesel. I plan to run around 4-6lbs of boost to add a few horsepower to the already powerful oil burner. I will be collecting more parts and making the rest. Stay tuned.

You do a diesel swap on it?

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Right on Ralphie I'm digging it. Choo choos make everything better. Get on the sloppy mechanics facebook page
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Sorry little correction. The Turbo is from a Perkings Deisel, Im keeping the Suzuki engine just adding the turbo.
    Last edited by RalphDogg; 10-30-2018 at 09:58 PM.

I guess it’s time for updates on my boosted Tracker. Try to keep up if anyone is out there listening.
    I removed the stock cracked and rusted out original exhaust manifold and made a LOG style exhaust manifold to accept the turbo. I tucked the turbo nice and low just above the motor mount, easy and functional...

Im now working on the intake hoses with a blow off valve. My setup is not going to have an intercooler, so the turbo blows directly into the intake. The BOV is a generic HKS that I picked up cheap, and also scored a 2.5” aluminum pipe for yet another turbo setup. I welded those two together to make my in line BOV. Rule of thumb is to always use silicone intake hoses to avoid hose breakdown from oil deposits. eBay seems to be the place to buy any turbo related stuff.

Last edited by RalphDogg; 01-12-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Oh boy it's choo choo boi time! Nice work Ralph, may enlist your skills to make me a manifold for the XJ, I've got a turbo off a 4.5L John Deere I've been wanting to put on
    94 YJ MTO

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Oh boy it's choo choo boi time! Nice work Ralph, may enlist your skills to make me a manifold for the XJ, I've got a turbo off a 4.5L John Deere I've been wanting to put on
    See if you can find a turbo manifold I can modify or something I can molest to mate your turbo up.

I put it in the long hours and overtime the past few weeks to get this thing back on the road and inspected. I’ve driven it about 100 miles since the turbo upgrade and I can’t say enough how happy I am with the outcome. It is significantly faster and it’s almost like a sports car on the accelerating on highway. The turbo sounds like a jet engine when spooling and the power is just as enjoyable. I took a bunch of pictures and upload a few that you guys will enjoy.
    The finished turbo. Non intercooled. Plumbed into the stock air box.

The boost and Air Fuel wideband gauge. The turbo is running a consistent 7psi. The wideband is used for tuning. Old school..... No latest and greatest, just simple math.

The stainless steel downpipe before I welded in the O2 bungs and before installation on Tracker. I made it with 1/2” flanges, great for gaskets to seal tight.

This is is my work of art that no one will ever see, the oil return line on the turbo. Countless hours to make a hard plumbed line with 3” on silicone hose to return oil from the turbo to the oil pan. I also used a rust free Tracker oil pan to weld in the hose bung from Washington State(NO road salt).

And the list piece of the puzel the FMU. It uses a math ratio to add fuel to my throttle body when the psi of boost increases. Simple mechanical math! More boost + more fuel= Happy Tracker

Last edited by RalphDogg; 04-28-2019 at 02:22 PM.

While I was waiting for my turbo to be rebuilt a few weeks back, I built some tube style front fenders. I ripped the passenger fender off last fall in the woods.... so an upgrade was necessary. I used the stock fenders and grafted in 3/4” steel conduit. I’m not much of a body man but after the fresh blue paint they almost look stock! I wasn’t really going for that but boy they are strong!

Looks great man!

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    That's some awesome body work.

Web Wheeler!
    I like it

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    You're my idol

Nice job Ralph!
    94 YJ MTO

Badass as always.
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

Thread Information