Thread: Wtb .223/5.56

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

Wtb .223/5.56

if anyone needs to unload any. There's plenty of steel online for .24 apiece. I would rather have brass obviously.

i figured i'd check before i made an order.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    My buddy bought some of the reman 223 from Freedom and he had one squib and a couple had uneven bullet seating depth/crimp, so be warned about those. Their new manufacture stuff has been flawless for my friends though. Wolf Gold also seems like awesome ammo. I've been reloading the Wolf Gold brass I pick up and it's on par with Lake City stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    My buddy bought some of the reman 223 from Freedom and he had one squib and a couple had uneven bullet seating depth/crimp, so be warned about those. Their new manufacture stuff has been flawless for my friends though. Wolf Gold also seems like awesome ammo. I've been reloading the Wolf Gold brass I pick up and it's on par with Lake City stuff.
    wow, good to know. I have about 1000 rounds of their .223 reman. i haven't shot much of it though. Thanks man.

Trail Leader
    I've been using Independence M193 55gr 5.56 from Israeli Military Industries. Good stuff. I usually get it at SG Ammo.
    78 Jeep CJ5 304 3 spd BDS w 33s

08 Subaru FXT Forester turbo wagon

06 Dodge 2500 Q-cab 4x4 Cummins

Above all else, be armed. --Machiavelli

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Go through that reman Freedom ammo and see if the bullet seating looks consistent. You shouldn't be able to see most of the cannelure (line around the bullet where the brass is crimped).

SG Ammo seems to have the best prices, plus live inventory!

ATF just decided they're going to postpone a decision on M855, so the buying craze of 5.56 should slow down.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    Wolf Gold also seems like awesome ammo. I've been reloading the Wolf Gold brass I pick up and it's on par with Lake City stuff.
    I've been wanting to try some for a while. Doesn't Privi actually make Wold Gold under license, though? I've shot Privi for decades, so I know it's GTG.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    X3 for SG ammo
    03 Cummins 6 speed pulls around my 84 chev 1 ton on 44"s. 427BBC, 5.13's and detroits. Shortened 28". Some day I'll finish it
    1969 M35A2 "Deuce and a half" with winch, singled out. SOLD
    1972 M818 on 53"s with a 855ci Cummins. SOLD
    99 4runner winter hoopty

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    if anyone needs to unload any. There's plenty of steel online for .24 apiece. I would rather have brass obviously.

i figured i'd check before i made an order.
    Did you ever get what you wanted/needed locally? I might have a LITTLE for sale...
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Did you ever get what you wanted/needed locally? I might have a LITTLE for sale...
    I bought some, but i could always use a little more lol

my buddy needs some too. what's up?

Thread Information