Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Project jhevy

Thread: Project jhevy

PghOffRoad Regular

Thumbs up Project jhevy

Finished up my rear stretch and figured i would do my v8 swap that I've been dreaming about.

Its a 2005 Chevy 4.8L, it's bolting up a 4l60E that i put a full manual valve body in. This system will be running on a mega squirt ECM setup. I'm pretty far along just have some finish up work to do so ill just drown you guys with photos and some info.

New 3 core

all tucked in

Im fitting a flat screen in as a gauge cluster its just a bit larger than i thought

heres a screen shot of the graphic i developed running on the bench

I recently purchased a D300 t-case but it was to late in the build to incorporate right now, eventually ill twin stick it. For now Ive split my stock 231-j case and mated it to a 231-c case so its all bolt on to the tranny with no advanced adapter parts and still utilizes my jeep SYE and yokes. Its a pretty simple swap out, uses the chevy front case, jeep back case with existing SYE. Just had to swap the output shaft, lower gear that rides on the lower shift fork and the internal shifting mechanism that the shift forks ride on (i dont know the tech names)

Im also using a B&M shifter that i modified the shift gates on so i hit neutral quick or pull the trigger and slam reverse.

I had it running this past weekend and just have some wiring to take care of, bolting the front fenders back on, finishing extending my drive shafts, some exhaust work etc...

Hope to have it out for a shake down run SOON.
    99 TJ mega squirt ECU running a LS series truck motor, 6" long arm 4 link, 38" TSL's bead locked, d44hp ARB,ctm's alloy shafts, ruby d44 w/ARB

Less posting, more wheeling! Krod's Avatar
    Very nice! You'll love the shifter set up that way.
    Women have clothes and shoes....we get welding and tools!....and the women!

PghOffRoad Regular
    got the shifter installed and cables hooked up

Here's a short clip of it idling, cant wait to get this out for a shake down!
    99 TJ mega squirt ECU running a LS series truck motor, 6" long arm 4 link, 38" TSL's bead locked, d44hp ARB,ctm's alloy shafts, ruby d44 w/ARB

PghOffRoad Regular
    What are you stretched guys doing for ebrake cables... Still got drum brakes and having a hard time finding anything that would work.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    There are some companies making custom universal e brake cables... Lokar comes to mind
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Less posting, more wheeling!
    ^ That or McMaster Car...maybe put something together.

I don't have an e-brake.

lol
    Heat the hole freeze the shaft

PghOffRoad Regular
    I had already looked into McMaster Carr, if I could make something work it would be real ghetto. I'm thinking about loosing the ebrake as well, it not street driven anyways...

Thread Information