Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
superduty axles under my xj?

Thread: superduty axles under my xj?

PghOffRoad Regular

superduty axles under my xj?

I can get a set of matching axles from a 2002 f350. It includes all brakes (all disc brakes) and steering components guy will take 650 for both I have done a ton of research and I am pretty set on the dana front hp 60 and bj over kingpin is fine with me I would like to go full width also. Can any one help me weld the brackets (perches coil mounts) to them correctly, i would happily payfor some expirenced knowledge and a welder thats is capable ,...
    Any opinions or leads toward the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

1989 xj stroked 37s

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Nothing wrong with the idea. I'd get a premade truss from somebody for The balljoint 60. Sterling rears are tough. Search what to use to switch to 8x6.5 or just keep it 8x metric foRd if you have to buy wheels anyway. My brother is a welder fabricator but idk how busy he is right now.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Welding them on is the easy part, setting them up to your suspension, wheelbase, etc is the harder part. What are you starting with? I'd like to offer my help but I know I don't have enough spare time to offer.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Well I have the lift on it, would like to keep it about the same, figured a beefier bastard pack, custom made long arms eventually, i think it's already a rough country long arm kit but I want longer. Woukd like to stay full width and set the rear axle back an inch or to if it doesn't effect too much planned on using the stock ford 16" rims for my 37s [IMG][/IMG]

PghOffRoad Regular
    And I really do appreciate the comments. And I know time is a valuable thing these days,

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I was in the same boat not that long ago and I absolutely hated asking people for help welding stuff. Not that they didn't mind. It was just a pain. So I went on craigslist and found a 220 clarke welder for 200 bucks and learned to weld. Its not as difficult as people make it out to be. If I can do it anyone can. That same none big name welder has welded my entire project and its laid a LOT of wire.

My point is, asking for help to weld on a project of this scale is somewhat unrealistic in my opinion. Its not just the welding, its the prep too. Not trying to be a downer or anything because somebody with time on their hands might be able to help, but give it some thought.
    Heat the hole freeze the shaft

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Take a look at Artec for a truss. They seem to have just about anything you'd need. The only downfall to the front axle is a 30 spline outer. To go 35-spline, you need to bore the unitbearings or buy them from Spidertrax.
    Something catchy goes here.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

I used a 2003 Superduty 60. It took some creativity on the driver's side lower. I cut a little of the cast away and welded to the diff add the tube. I used 3/8 steel so the bracket wouldn't flex and break off of the diff. 7018AC rod burnt in as hot as I could get it. Then just built the rest of.brackets like normal. 6 or 7 years I ran it with no issue, it's still kicking with the new owner.

I built bastard pack rear springs and some worn out front 4.5s. So maybe 4" lift on a full body XJ. Pushed the front axle forward 2-inches because the longer pinion and I didn't have to cut the front drive shaft. It also kept the tires out of the firewall and I moved the rear axle back 2 inches to keep the tires out of the doors.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=7][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=7][SIZE=3]I'm not a "Jeeper" I have no clue what the Jeep thing is. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thread Information