Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
first setup on my daniel defense

Thread: first setup on my daniel defense

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

first setup on my daniel defense

Just got done setting mine up. taking an AR class next month and i'll probably change it lol.

Daniel Defense V5 LW
    Aimpoint Pro
    Troy tritium flip sights
    Larue RAT stock
    Larue Grip
    Larue rail covers
    Surefire P3X Fury 1000 lumen light
    IWI forward mount
    Vickers sling on QD swivels (to stock QD mount locations, shown incorrectly placed in these pics... i'm learning ok).

taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I dig it.

Thanks man.

i think i'll eventually switch out the pro for a T1 and save myself half a pound. and i debate on the light. but right now it's right at 9 lbs...

Less posting, more wheeling!

Lightbulb

It's GTG, but I'd dump the tritium sights. They're redundant (red dot), but confusing. I MIGHT consider a tritium front post, but NEVER a rear post. You have WAAAYYY too many competing lights for your attention in the dark.

Sell those for what you can get, buy some regular used Troys off a reputable firearms forum, and invest the difference in another couple mags, or boxes of ammo - the rest of your setup is excellent.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

I disagree. The troys are flipped down so I'll never see them unless the red dot dies. The tritium is against the rail facing down. If the red dot dies and you're in a situation where you can't turn your light on without tritium sights you can't see your irons at all.

I was going to do normal flip ups but when I talked to the guy that gives our classes he talked me into them. Really the only negative to them is the front post isn't as fine as a non tritium.

Yeah, but you can't turn OFF the tritium when the red dot IS working. Too many dots for me.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    But why would you have the irons up with the red dot on?

I ran front and rear tritium on my XD and the three dots worked for me. My Glock 19 now is set up the same. My Glock 17 just has a Tritium front sight though, which works fine for me in the dark as well. I was hitting steel at a night shoot with my 17 with no weapon light and just the front tritium and moonlight. I think either works fine, just comes down to shooter preference and your eyesight.

The only change I would make to your set up would require two tax stamps...and probably a can of spray paint.

Trail Leader
    That's a nice set up. I have a BCM and a Colt 6920, both w tritium front sights and Aimpoint T1s. The first carbine classes we were sent to were w Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical. He is a big fan of simple, so I just use a red dot and a light. Tritium sights are great for hitting stuff in low light, but you need to know ( in the heat of battle) WHO you are hitting. DD builds a fine carbine, should give you good service for a long time.
    78 Jeep CJ5 304 3 spd BDS w 33s

08 Subaru FXT Forester turbo wagon

06 Dodge 2500 Q-cab 4x4 Cummins

Above all else, be armed. --Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    But why would you have the irons up with the red dot on?
    Because I always have. You don't want to be fiddling with the sights if the red dot dies mid-firefight.

Irons to red dot acts like a visual funnel, in fact. Rear irons focus you on the general area of the red dot - dot through the front sight post puts you on-target. Got my first red dot in '06 - been shooting/training that way ever since.

Thread Information