Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Powder Coating stuff on Washington
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder Coating stuff on Washington

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar

Powder Coating stuff on Washington

My buddy and I have been powder coating stuff for a good while now. Started as just stuff for ourselves and friends, now the word has been getting out, and we're starting to get to the point of becoming a real business. Just trying to put the word out if anyone needs anything done or knows of anyone looking. We are located just outside of Washington, PA.

Stuff we don't do - chrome parts when the chrome isn't perfect (will flake off and look bad, you cant save a void in chrome), very rusty/corroded parts (the finish is never good no matter what you do), very large parts like most bumpers and stuff (current oven limitations).

Our oven can fit parts 86" tall x 4 wide' x 5' deep, our blast cabinet is slightly smaller than that. I put an panhead frame in the blast cabinet and it filled it up pretty good.

We are not a professional shop by any means, just two guys powder coating out of a home shop on nights and weekends with professional equipment. Our prices are always fair. We both are perfectionists and would not give you back anything that we wouldn't want to use ourselves.

Feel free to ask any questions on here. If you are interested in having something coated and want to talk prices/colors/time frame/etc, please send me a PM, or an e-mail to washingtonpowdercoating@gmail.com

There are thousands of color options from metallics to flats, satins, candies, all kinds of stuff.

I have a few pictures of things we have coated, I will try to post them up after work.
    Last edited by HeepH8erTy; 03-28-2016 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Updated e-mail contact info
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Perfect timing! I will have a set of wheels for you if you are interested in the job.
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Just curious on why not aluminum? I don't know much about the process and curious.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Me too as I would like alloy wheels done.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    Perfect timing! I will have a set of wheels for you if you are interested in the job.
    Sure am, are they steelies? Just send me a PM with more details or a phone number when you are ready.

We attempted two sets of aluminum Chevy wheels. We had an extremely hard time removing the factory coating from the wheel. It just takes too long to do. In the future, we plan to get some legitimate chemical stripper. We are looking at the B-17 stripper. A guy I worked with use to powder coat and introduced us to it, it is the real deal. Right now, it is just too expensive for us to justify purchasing (we are saving up for it tho!). Once we have that, it would be no problem.

If you had aluminum wheels and either had them chemically stripped before dropping them off, or if you do not mind paying me to locate a shop and have them do it, we could do them then. The wheels we did came out good after they were stripped, its just getting them to that point that sucks.

annddd....I promised pictures... hopefully after work today
    Last edited by HeepH8erTy; 09-30-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: I suck at type-ing

Quote Originally Posted by HeepH8erTy View Post
    Sure am, are they steelies? Just send me a PM with more details or a phone number when you are ready.
    They will be new factory steel wheels from a chrysler 300m. Ya know those black steel wheels behind the cheap hub caps.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Bead blast the aluminum wheels?
    97 4Runner, 33 inch IROKS, 3 inch Toytec, 1 inch body lift, lots of skid plates.

They will be new factory steel wheels from a chrysler 300m. Ya know those black steel wheels behind the cheap hub caps.
    I know what ya mean. Those shouldn't be problem. What color were you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sToyotaFarm View Post
    Bead blast the aluminum wheels?
    We tried blasting them with glass bead media and two different grades of aluminum oxide media. Just wasn't getting the job done. We ended up having to take them somewhere to be blasted in an industrial booth (which is no longer available to us). Then brought them back to our booth and blasted them again with the glass bead media for a smoother finish before hitting them with the powder coat.

Tagged... for future use!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

I know what ya mean. Those shouldn't be problem. What color were you thinking?

Flat Black

Unfortunately my old phone completely shit the bed, so all I was able to get was the most recent stuff. Here are a couple of things we have coated:

Flat black motorcycle fender

metallic grey/red/bedliner lip 400ex wheels

400ex subframe

hubs and motor mounts

red parts going back on

The flat black fender sealed the deal for me. That's exactly the color and texture I would like to use.

muddeprived - any updates on the wheels?

For everyone's info, we are currently working towards getting a chemical stripper and the appropriate PPE. So hopefully within the next month or so, we will be able to do alloy wheels with no issues (should also speed up delivery times as well).

Here is a skid plate that I did for a friend of mine a week or so ago. Satin black with orange highlighting in the engraved lettering:

More pics to come, got a few on my buddy's phone of some dirt bike frames/parts and bunch of parts for a 61 Shovelhead that we did.
    Last edited by HeepH8erTy; 11-19-2015 at 02:01 PM.

muddeprived - any updates on the wheels?

For everyone's info, we are currently working towards getting a chemical stripper and the appropriate PPE. So hopefully within the next month or so, we will be able to do alloy wheels with no issues (should also speed up delivery times as well).

Here is a skid plate that I did for a friend of mine a week or so ago. Satin black with orange highlighting in the engraved lettering:

More pics to come, got a few on my buddy's phone of some dirt bike frames/parts and bunch of parts for a 61 Shovelhead that we did.
    I'm working on it. I've decided on the tire but not the wheels yet. When I do then I'll let you know and we'll get this going.

I'm working on it. I've decided on the tire but not the wheels yet. When I do then I'll let you know and we'll get this going.
    Sounds good buddy.

Here's a shot of the 61 Shovelhead frame and misc components that we just did in Mirror Black:

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! PatF10's Avatar
    ive wanted all the engine covers on my harley done. Would want them done in a gloss black. Also if you end up doing wheels i have some dodge wheels id like to get done too.
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

Hey I decided to just buy summit racing steel wheels. I do have another blast-n-paint job if you can do this type of work. I have a 4.5" long arm kit on my xj and it's been on there for years so you can imagine what it looks like. It's browner than the UPS truck. It's just horribly fugly.

Can you blast n paint coil springs, bilstein shocks, and long arms?

Quote Originally Posted by PatF10 View Post
    ive wanted all the engine covers on my harley done. Would want them done in a gloss black. Also if you end up doing wheels i have some dodge wheels id like to get done too.
    Pat, as long as those covers aren't currently chrome, I would be happy to do them for ya. We found that you cannot powder over chrome, it blisters the powder coating and looks like crap. Right now, we don't have any methods for removing chrome. If we knew of a place that did strip chrome, that would be another story. We have tried blasting the layers of chrome plating off, but that didn't turn out well either.

We can finally attempt to order some stuff this week that will allow us to easily strip wheels. After we get it, we will need a few days to set up the shop to accommodate it. I will be sure to post an update once we finalize our plans. As long as all goes well with it, we will be able to do wheels without an issue.

Hey I decided to just buy summit racing steel wheels. I do have another blast-n-paint job if you can do this type of work. I have a 4.5" long arm kit on my xj and it's been on there for years so you can imagine what it looks like. It's browner than the UPS truck. It's just horribly fugly.

Can you blast n paint coil springs, bilstein shocks, and long arms?
    I don't blame you, the price of those powder coated steelies is hard to beat.

We don't paint, but we can powder coat everything but the shocks for ya. The coils and long arms are no problamo. The shocks, however, have a bunch of rubber seals in them. If we were to powder coat them, the seals would break down in the oven when we bake the parts to cure the powder. If you wanted to, since I have the blast cabinet, I could always blast the shock bodies for you. Then you could either do what you wish with them, or I could hit them up with your choice of Rustoleum. Up to you

Pat, as long as those covers aren't currently chrome, I would be happy to do them for ya. We found that you cannot powder over chrome, it blisters the powder coating and looks like crap. Right now, we don't have any methods for removing chrome. If we knew of a place that did strip chrome, that would be another story. We have tried blasting the layers of chrome plating off, but that didn't turn out well either.

We can finally attempt to order some stuff this week that will allow us to easily strip wheels. After we get it, we will need a few days to set up the shop to accommodate it. I will be sure to post an update once we finalize our plans. As long as all goes well with it, we will be able to do wheels without an issue.

I don't blame you, the price of those powder coated steelies is hard to beat.

We don't paint, but we can powder coat everything but the shocks for ya. The coils and long arms are no problamo. The shocks, however, have a bunch of rubber seals in them. If we were to powder coat them, the seals would break down in the oven when we bake the parts to cure the powder. If you wanted to, since I have the blast cabinet, I could always blast the shock bodies for you. Then you could either do what you wish with them, or I could hit them up with your choice of Rustoleum. Up to you
    That sounds perfect. I'll let you blast em and I'll paint em myself and you can blast/powdercoat the rest of the long arm junk.

I'm getting excited. I ordered $540 worth of sensors, plugs, alternator, and crap plus another $800 worth of tires and wheels. My jeep is going to be new(ish) again.

That sounds perfect. I'll let you blast em and I'll paint em myself and you can blast/powdercoat the rest of the long arm junk.

I'm getting excited. I ordered $540 worth of sensors, plugs, alternator, and crap plus another $800 worth of tires and wheels. My jeep is going to be new(ish) again.

Sounds good to me. And hey, just like your signature says, you're just rollin it in glitter! hahaha j/k

Sounds good to me. And hey, just like your signature says, you're just rollin it in glitter! hahaha j/k

Everyone always seems to want their stuff black for some reason? lol Here's another batch of Harley parts we did for a local motorcycle shop:

They went black....and couldn't go back.

They went black....and couldn't go back.

I am currently in the process of building a KX125 with a KDX220 motor. I did a bunch of parts Gold for it recently. I was quite pleased, the color is Sun Gold. We also did a set of R6 wheels in the same color recently, but added metallic flake. I'll have to try and get the photos of those off my buddy.

Before:

After:

What you charging for work like that?

Can you give me an estimate on two coil springs, two radius long arms, and a crossmember plus sandblast some 5100's (4)? You can PM me the price.

I just need to know a ballpark figure so I can put aside the $$ for this project.

Thread Information