Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Got Bored, lifted my rabbit... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got Bored, lifted my rabbit...

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Got a little more work done, last few day I've had a hell of a time getting into 5th, then lost it on the way home from work thursday, so I found a 020 ACH, and swapped it in for the FF trans It makes it rev alot higher but it feels a hell of a lot peppier! But now it get hot! Also killed my mechanical temp gauge ill stop by pepboy and grab a electrical oil and temp gauge this time.
    Got a intercooler and alumnium radiator on order too.
    Going to repaint it with mostaliner in predator green, now I just need to cover the whole truck in paint stripper, starting with the bed.
    Went the the junk yard and got a Sanden SD-508 for a OBA, you never know when you need to pressurize a golfball cannon, or a bank of massive air horns....
    And just pulled my new awesome 3d printed gauges bezel off of the print bed (ripped my buildtak ) for my light switches and pressure gauges!

Finally got my light bar all welded and mounted up time to wire, well after I get it coated in black monstaliner.
    [I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade556 View Post
    Got a little more work done, last few day I've had a hell of a time getting into 5th, then lost it on the way home from work thursday, so I found a 020 ACH, and swapped it in for the FF trans It makes it rev alot higher but it feels a hell of a lot peppier! But now it get hot! Also killed my mechanical temp gauge ill stop by pepboy and grab a electrical oil and temp gauge this time.
    Got a intercooler and alumnium radiator on order too.
    Going to repaint it with mostaliner in predator green, now I just need to cover the whole truck in paint stripper, starting with the bed.
    Went the the junk yard and got a Sanden SD-508 for a OBA, you never know when you need to pressurize a golfball cannon, or a bank of massive air horns....
    And just pulled my new awesome 3d printed gauges bezel off of the print bed (ripped my buildtak ) for my light switches and pressure gauges!

Finally got my light bar all welded and mounted up time to wire, well after I get it coated in black monstaliner.
    What do you use as a paint stripper? I need to do both my xj and tj and plan to use monstaliner as well.
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Wow only four months since I started repainting it and its painted!
    Notes, dont use aircraft stripper unless you use TSP afterward and then pressure wash!

Well, I started stripping it in June, with aircraft stripper, work great on some spots, some others not so much.
    Then started cleaning it with a knotted wire wheel on a 4" grinder that worked good. I found a bunch of rust holes that were under
    What I thought was the original paint which was gray like the interior , turns out the original color was navy blue!(same with the carpet!)
    Welded up patches for the rust. Got a 100lb HF sand blaster to give it a quick sand blast job.
    (remember to screen your media I had some many clogs just from overly large parts of coal slag)
    I painted parts of the underbody and the light rack with gloss black chassis saver, worked out well but thin coats or it will get matte and bubbly!
    Rolled on a gallon of black on the bed and two gallons of 'johny popper' green (the paint chip looked alot darker) the johny popper looks almost the same as the old
    john deer green.

Now I just need to make the new front brush bar/bumper!

Rack painted with chassis saver and ready to install (it was ready to install for 3 weeks)

Sanded, ground down and ready for monstaliner

Patching some small rust holes, so much hidden bondo

First coat of monstaliner

Looking good, just got the rack installed this morning.

Great texture other than over the night the last coat was drying a bunch of big moths got stuck in it! Stupid bugs!

And a picture of 3 days of cutting inside of the dust collector box for the sawstop at work.

The moths in the paint made me chuckle.

I can't paint anything here without bugs sticking to it.
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Once again bunny truck proves it is stronk!

Picked up a 80 gallon 5hp compressor from my bosses shop, that was a chore the stairs were very narrow
    so we had to walk it up the stairs from the basement with shims of wood step at a time. Then get it into the truck
    But low and behold he had this manual fork lift so that was almost easy.

I get it back to my house and am moving it to my shed, wheel on the and truck catches on my desk stairs and then it goes
    end over end, into the yard. I. was. pleased. Had to get the engine lift the end up and then get it back on its feet. But an our later got it
    into the shed I'll get it wired up and plumbed tomorrow.

Sweet Jesus. I've had cars with motors smaller than that pump.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Well not really bunny truck related, well sorta. Was driving home from work on thursday at midnight and I hear this kaboom! and then I cant shift! I pulled over faster than you can say rear transmission mount studs sheared off flush with the body and the transmission/engine was resting on the firewall.

Well I manually shifted into second and started back the my shop since it was closer. Got there and found I had no bolts of the correct size, so It was 1am by then so I went and fell asleep in the server closet,
    And then was promptly woken with a clatter as I jumped up so see what was the matter.
    As a dozen or so 80mm fans went high speed a clatter as the database was normalizing, and the UPS was a beeping,
    so I trudged off to the catering kitchen to try to find better sleeping.
    But so it was not, as I just rest my head as a barely used ice machine decided to make ice with a crash and mash and and a noisy water line.
    So again I stomp to the classroom I go and sleep I got but for how long I dont know, as 5:30 crept on the trash man did apper with is noisy truck
    Slamming dumpers up and down he did do, for now more sleep I would find so to McDonalds I did go to try to get a hashbrown...

Dont sleep in your shop.

Well I got the giant air compressor installed today.

Did some plumping

Pulled some runs and put in some conduit

Found out I didn't have any SOO or junior cord for the last pig tail, so some tape.

Having a 80 gallon compressor really makes my shed more cramped

Well got more work done, the bumper is almost completed! Running out of gas for my mig not withstanding, 1/8" 6013 FTW

I ended up making it out of some 2" pipe and 1/4" plate I wanted to make it lighter with 10ga, but 1/4" is what I had laying around.
    I still need to make the end caps and powder coat it, and put some rubber bumpers on the front, and even more LEDs.
    And I'm debating on where I can mount a HF 5000lbs winch up front.

Web Wheeler!
    Turned out nice
    98 xj 4.0 L aw4 231 30/825/355 warn t.case skid jcr stage one sliders rough country dana 30 diff skid rough stuff 8.25 diff cover front / rear hitches 3 inches with 31x10.50 A/T's

Finally finished the bumper! The endcaps didnt' turn out how I wanted, I thought I made the template the a tighter angle the stick out to much.
    I got the strapping heated up and bent to the vertical plates. I was going to do more welded on parts, but I needed a bumper. So I'll make the bolt on.

I got it sand blasted last night and put on a heavy coat of wrinkled black powder coat, there is near a pound of powder on this.

Right out of the oven, accidently touched it...hot things are hot.

While it was cooling I made some vinyl stickers for the back, trying to get vinyl to stick to monstaliner is a task. There probably going to come off at some time so I cut a few.

Installed! I still need to mount the LED spot/fogs and a set of rubber front bumpets for giving prisus love taps and cow catchering jagoff bicyclists.....
    \

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! HeepH8erTy's Avatar
    That thing is sweet!
    02 ZR2 Sonoma- 4.3, 5spd, DD/Bike Hauler
    07 TRX400EX- XRC-ish woods krewser
    04 KX220 Hybrid Woods Weapon
    97 KDX220 Plated Street/Woods beater

Need some Powder Coating done? Let me know!

Was out when we had the rain doing a posing for a picture down by the river

But another question I need a new horn which one? the twin trumpet or the single?
    The single is loud, and big rig like, but the twin is glaring and with make the jagoff bicyclists most foul shit their lycra. I'm going to powder coat both black.
    Also where would you mount it? I was thinking under the hood? not really any other spots that work.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Use both and put them on top of the hood.
    97 4Runner, 33 inch IROKS, 3 inch Toytec, 1 inch body lift, lots of skid plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sToyotaFarm View Post
    Use both and put them on top of the hood.
    I don't know?... might hurt the aerodynamics of the enconobox

[U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by anodyne33 View Post
    YES!! how ever did you know!!!!

No, I have a old SD904 sanden that I grease converted to run in the stock location for my OBA, need air to run the pintel mount 42mm cannon.
    For the full urban technical vibe, got to be prepared for packs of liberal bicyclists.

Easy there... liberal cyclist here. Never kept me from playing with guns, doing stupid shit, cutting out floorboards with an angle grinder in bare feet, tying new knots as a hobby, learning how to weld the hard way... did I mention stupid shit yet?

My point is (and I've seen that picture of the giant compressor in the truck, what a beast), living near railroad tracks and the river have given me a new appreciation for train and tug horns. I bet you could make a hell of a lot of people drop a loaf in their drawers with one of those beasts. I had designs on getting one under the hood of my XJ (with ample room to do it), but those suckers and damn expensive and take a whole lot of air.

Quote Originally Posted by anoedyne33 View Post
    Easy there... liberal cyclist here. Never kept me from playing with Quick Extender Pro and doing stupid shit, cutting out floorboards with an angle grinder in bare feet, tying new knots as a hobby, learning how to weld the hard way... did I mention stupid shit yet?

My point is (and I've seen that picture of the giant compressor in the truck, what a beast), living near railroad tracks and the river have given me a new appreciation for train and tug horns. I bet you could make a hell of a lot of people drop a loaf in their drawers with one of those beasts. I had designs on getting one under the hood of my XJ (with ample room to do it), but those suckers and damn expensive and take a whole lot of air.
    Great stuff, I'm thinking of lifting mine too.
    Last edited by Callender; 05-02-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathsBlade5516 View Post
    Once again bunny truck proves it is stronk!

Picked up a 80 gallon 5hp compressor from my bosses shop, that was a chore the stairs were very narrow
    so we had to walk it up the stairs from the basement with shims of wood step at a time. Then get tried phentermine over the counter into the truck
    But low and behold he had this manual fork lift so that was almost easy.

I get it back to my house and am moving it to my shed, wheel on the and truck catches on my desk stairs and then it goes
    end over end, into the yard. I. was. pleased. Had to get the engine lift the end up and then get it back on its feet. But an our later got it
    into the shed I'll get it wired up and plumbed tomorrow.
    So seeing the NA 1.6 in my rabbit was a bit wimpy I found a 1.6TD.
    Last edited by WesleyWinsor; 12-02-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Thread Information