Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Got Bored, lifted my rabbit...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Bored, lifted my rabbit...

Less posting, more wheeling!

Got Bored, lifted my rabbit...

So with all things I got bored and modified it... So seeing the NA 1.6 in my rabbit was a bit wimpy I found a 1.6TD
    So getting it off my new and overly high offroad trailer I broke out the jeep crane 5000!

(new offroad trailer is awesome right!?)

It did need a new head gasket last owner of the engine put on too thick of one and reused the bolts

But while waiting for the new gasket and bolts I decided to lift the truck 2" so some blocks in the rear and I welded up some spacer rings for the front struts.

I forgot to get a pre-lift photo or a measurement of lift but I can get under it to work now without a jack. I couldn't use my phone as item of scale for the lift so I used my phone

[I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Cool

SAS, one tons, & 44" Super Swampers!!!

'07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Trail Leader
    I had a Rabbit with the 1.6L TD. I put an intercooler on it, locked the WG shut, wrenched a little on the injection pump and got about 95HP out of it. I had it for about 3 years before I sold it.
    I also put an electric water heater in the heater core circuit to get heat quicker. Otherwise it would not warm up when idling in the winter.
    '02 WJ, 4" lift, 35s, 242HD, Ox locker - trussed Super30 front, ARB locker - trussed and skid plated D44a rear, OBA, winch, light bars and a kitchen sink.

PghOffRoad Regular
    The Jeep crane is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. It ranks right up there with the birth of my children. You just changed my mind about having a winch on my 4Runner. The Rabit should become a prerunner.
    97 4Runner, 33 inch IROKS, 3 inch Toytec, 1 inch body lift, lots of skid plates.

Holy cow if I didn't see a Rabbit down in Oakland last night - looked yellowish/orangish in the dark - probably some college kid's reclamation. I'm sure some hipster doofus grad student would NEVER think to SAS it, drop in a Hemi, lift it 12" and run 44" Super Swampers!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Official Trail Ride Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sToyotaFarm View Post
    The Jeep crane is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. It ranks right up there with the birth of my children. You just changed my mind about having a winch on my 4Runner. The Rabit should become a prerunner.
    I agree entirely. The Jeep Crane rocks my world.

I have no words to describe that jeep crane........but the best I can think of is "I WANT".
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Jeep crane . . . . amazing

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I can't find any real pictures of it right now, but the military supplied an A-frame winch crane kit for the 6x6 trucks. It was quite tall and ran a cable over the cab and back to the rear hitch for reinforcement.

Ah, here is an illustration from the TM at least:

Trail Leader
    If you ever want rid of that Rabbit Truck.....
    Originally Posted by [B]skeebs[/B]
    [I]there should be specific criteria people must meet in order to purchase a jeep

[/I][QUOTE=mangotango;227621]^^^Gettin' laid in the shower and you're complaining about the water? Really?
    That's like having someone give you a million bucks and complaining about the color of the check.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dan58;233662]The ugly as hell police says illegal.[/QUOTE]

So much time flys....
    Well.....
    1. Got the TD in
    2. Accidentally punched a hole in the radiator...
    3. Bought a new radiator on amazon
    4. Found it was the wrong size radiator
    5. Found I couldn't used the stock rad fan with it.
    6. Bought two 10 inch universal fans
    7. Found out the 10" fan is like of like 3/4 pipe in that its something like the measurement in the fact that no measurement of the fan is 10"
    8. Waterjeted a extended fan mount
    9. Found the extended fan mount didn't clear the nose barbs cut the shit out of it.
    10. Found the gauges weren't' working.
    11. Made a new bezel on the laser at work in acrylic for some 1.5" gauges
    12. Found out the gauges weren't working because of the volt regulator and a bad ground on the circuit board.
    13. Atleast I have room for a tach, voltmeter, temp and oil pressure gauges vs idiot lights
    14. Found out the wipers motor is borked
    15. Found out I dont really care.
    15. Got it started Hurrah!
    16. Found out I can only get into 3/4th
    17. Found out my shift linkage was a mixture of the parts for the five speed and four speed going over multiple year and models....
    18. Trolled junkyard till I found the right stuff.
    19. Decided I hated working in the cold, bought a HF car port and a awesome 1930's perfection kerosene heater.
    20. Rewired almost everything.
    21. Found out my wiring diagram was for a 1982 not a 81
    22. ReRewired almost everything.
    23. Took it out for a drive found a still have a borked shifter have to get into 3rd before I can hit 1/2
    24. Jumped through hoops with hagarty, copy this, scan this, take pictures of car, garage etc. Got denied improper use of truck, (there for looking at not driving)
    25. Blew 5.2 in jeep, engine froze at beginning of driveway had to throw winch cable under jeep and winch backwards into driveway.
    26. Worked on rabbit like nutz on saturday
    27. Got inspected drove to work.
    28. Found shifter is still borked but I was able to row, row, row, your car all the way to work.
    29. Started running like shit near work, I put a pre filte on at a red light, it got clogged with rust and sludge from tank.
    30. Put on another pre filter, got clogged before I got home.
    31. Ordered some bigger wix disposable filters from amazon got them today put them one
    32. Got bigger truck mirrors found out their way too big. Need to find some VW truck mirrors not for a big rig.
    33. Atleast the new radio works.
    Last edited by DeathBlade556; 06-12-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Trail Leader
    Pics please!
    '02 WJ, 4" lift, 35s, 242HD, Ox locker - trussed Super30 front, ARB locker - trussed and skid plated D44a rear, OBA, winch, light bars and a kitchen sink.

Official Trail Ride Coordinator
    More jeep crane.

And people say I have too much time on MY hands!

Well got rebored after work today and started on a light truck rack for it out of some 1" square tube to hold a 24-32" light bar, along with two of those 18-20 "watt" spot lamps (I've checked the current draw on them and they usually all draw less than a amp so under 10 watts) facing rear wards for bed/reverse lights along with a center third brake light the lights on this truck are low just like the rest of it. I've was passed by fiats that are taller than this. (makes me want a m715 with a 4bt... next wish project)

Then was packing up and then decided to make a brush guard bumper for it out of some more 1" square and some 2" square, though that one is much farther down the line.

Pictures in a bit.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    That Jeep Crane is ingeniously simple...

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    The list of 33 things that went down made me laugh.

So what happened with Hagerty? I use them.

Just some random pictures to accompany the list o stuff.
    Instantly clogging filters.

Started making bends for the brush bar and light rack

New and improved gauge panel

Non-instantly clogging filters, now slowly clogging filters....

I found the stock mirrors are about sized for a moped which isn't saying much compared to the size of the rabbit but I grabbed some bigger ones off of amazon.
    Their a bit too chrome for my taste, also not as universal mounting as they say, so I ordered some slightly different ones(just the mirror) and will just weld/bend and 3d print a mount

The engine...so much horse power......68hp......slightly more than my gravely...At least its not the stock 48hp....

Well I went down to Wallace to browse their drops rack, I grabbed some 16foot sticks of 6063 channel/angle/etc but there is a $10 cut fee each!
    So you just take it out to the truck and realize you have a rabbit pickup with a 6ish foot bed, but you have a truck box with your portaband it the day is saved!
    No, you have your 120v portaband, your battery powered saw is in your jeep (clearly you need one for each!)
    Now you must bite the bullet and go back in and ask 'please make of cutting cold saw operator guy.....'

NO! You Are a Member of PGH Off Topic!
    You Spit In The Face Of Sanity (and $10 cut fees)
    So You Pull The Blade Off Of The Port-a-Band! Grip It Like a Manly Man And Get Sawing!
    Break Out a Tomahawk! To Chop Through This Inferior Non Ferrous Alloy Like A Small Tree! Like A Paul Bunyan Of Metal Working!
    Flip Out Your Trusty Multi-Tool! To Shear And Snip Though This Balsa Wood Of Metals!
    You Snap The Extrusion Over Your Knee Like A Larger Mexican Wrestler Snaps The Back Of A Slightly Smaller Mexican Wrestler!
    And You Get to Work!

Seriously my knee hurts now......

A Pile of rack and bumper waiting for me to go get more 75/25 I mean I could weld it smaw but I only have 1/16 and 3/16 right now used all my 1/8th

And most important add-on!
    Last edited by DeathBlade556; 03-26-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Well a little more work.

Got started on the light bar/rack I got the bed side bars mounted, still need to mount the upper section and the light bar, (and see if the alternator can take all this bunny burning, snowman melting LED goodness)

Also added a Jerry can after I ran out of gas(errr diesel) just past the 40th street bridge on 28 and the only station that had diesel was the sunoco down near Allegheny center

Wanted to see why my ga...diesel gauge crapped out...... Well thats a bit rusty....

Installed the mirrors off of a Vanagon

Was down at point spring getting some ubolts and it suddenly stopped running had to get towed back home, looked like the pump lost its primp and wouldn't get it back, vanes got stuck, ran a can of diesel purge through it runs much better, still probably need a pump rebuild also looks like one of the injector bodies is leaking so time for an injector rebuild, anybody know a shop in town that rebuilds injectors?

While I was at it I installed a new timing belt but lost part of my timing set IP lock pin so I 3d printed one.

Stopped by walmart, and found out the master chief has suddenly became a jedi, and it now heading up the galaxy warriors.......

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    The BP on Evergreen in Millvale has diesel but you would have to make it basicly the length of Millvale to get to it) and Kress right off of the Etna exit at the bottom of the ramp (northbound) 'usually' does too. Just in case you get too low in the same area.

Just about finished my light bar rack thing, got some more gas and welded it up the other day.

Side view, now suggestions, should I put a piece of plate into the triangular section to fill it? If I do I'll put 2" to 1" holes in it going up the center decreasing in size as they go up.

Mocked up the light bar, reverse/bed lights and third brake light.

I got to see this guy in person on the street yesterday. Wish I'd gotten a closer look, but I decided that screaming "DeathBlade!" and walking up to a stranger's car in the middle of 5th ave in uptown could be a little weird.

Plus puck drop was approaching fast.

That was a lot of damn motor in the back of a bunny truck. Strong work.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by anodyne33 View Post
    I got to see this guy in person on the street yesterday. Wish I'd gotten a closer look, but I decided that screaming "DeathBlade!" and walking up to a stranger's car in the middle of 5th ave in uptown could be a little weird.

Plus puck drop was approaching fast.

That was a lot of damn motor in the back of a bunny truck. Strong work.

Ya, place holder 5.9 for my TJ while I have the current one bored.

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    I love it.

Thread Information