Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

I have a plan!

Thread: I have a plan!

Less posting, more wheeling!

I have a plan!

I have some property where we go shooting (well I go shooting now as every body else has grown allergic to kerplosions )
    The road up this property hasn't been maintained since the last destructothon (been a while) I have a gravely it will cut all the things but I have grown fat (much like robert baratheon, that was a game of thrones reference fyi)

So I have an idea! (also I found my digitizer table! there is going to be so much MS paint its going to be like 2008!)

So a semi powerful riding lawn tractor something in the 16 to 20hp range, I reroute the belt for the deck forward, make a foward mount for a stump jumper like brush hog blade.
    But for the first test I use the stock deck, with the front cut off and probably some supports.
    And go forth to destroy all the apposes the rule of the Mega Mini Murder Tractor!

But anyway a picture is worth a thousand FTW's

BTW if anybody has a semi powerful lawn tractor they dont want.....

Before

After

[I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

That's a pretty decent drawing... for someone who's been drinking all afternoon!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Bill Molestered Jebus (again.) BAD_GNR's Avatar
    Wow, this is like Christmas in July. Thanks Santa, er, Gabe!
    It's about to get all kinds of stupid up in here!

Is there a purpose for swapping out a red shifter knob for a black one?
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

May I suggest either a less powerful mower or install drag bars. First observation would be the wheelie in the first pic. Second observation would be the weight of the advanced choppy chop may counteract the weight transfer and stop the wheelie. More testing is needed.
    Jon

2013 JKU White 4" Zone Offroad Lift 315/75R16 Fierce Attitude MT on 16x8 Raceline Raptors, many other doo-dads.

Trail Leader
    with the blade hanging off of the front it might unload the back tires causing them to spin. you should add a beer cooler or fridge over the back to help with weight distribution.
    85 4Runner "Garage Wheeler"

Trail Leader
    85 4Runner "Garage Wheeler"

I already have the gravely walk behind, but the rider the ideas........

The plan just got simpler, I was down at AAA and found tow behind brush hog on the top of the pile so $30 later and a huge amount of straining to get it in the truck I have a 48" 12hp tow mower!

It needs some new wheels, but I think I have another idea! I need to find a torsion trailer axle with 5 on 4.5 pattern, I'll throw a couple extra jeep wheels on it, I'll modify the hitch, add some fenders and lights.
    And then suddenly I have a tow behind mower that I can just tow up to my property with my jeep and I don't even need a plate since its a towable piece of equipment and not a trailer!

Did some work this morning, it runs great, but need a carb kit and some new wire, straightened out all the bent brackets. Old pictures.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    That's a sweet find.

I'm finally getting this done! So much brush to cut...

Started making the trailer for the cutter. Started by making a redneck segway.

Now to cut down some steel for the fenders and the dog leg bar to hold the cutter to the side of the jeep and the brush hog lift points tomorrow.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    I'm so glad that I checked in today. This makes my day.

If you need an engine that'll provide a smokescreen diversion, I've got an MTR Gold-powered mower that'll fog mosquitoes with the best of them!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Getting there....

Well when I was cutting the frame I may have been looking at old measurements for a old design.....So time to cut things up...

And get my portaband stuck in the frame....

But I did give me a chance to use my dry cut saw I have to say I love this thing! I got it cheap on craigslist and threw a $55 blade on it and I have almost 200 cuts cutting 3x3x1/4 angle(136 cuts), 2x2x1/4 tube along with channel for the plasma cutter and I can feel it getting dull but its still rocking along...I am getting rid of my HF abrasive saw now

New shorter frame that wont block the motor on the mower. I have to finish drilling the hitch tube and I need to roll the fenders on the slip roll at work today and It should be ready to paint and bolt on a brush hog. Its Harvey approved!

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I have a similar DeWalt metal chop saw. Also super happy with it. Not so happy with my 4-1/2" DeWalt right angle grinder that gave up the ghost days after the warranty expired. Now I have a sweet Metabo 6" right angle grinder. You can almost stand on the thing with a wafer cutting wheel.

Thats actually a 6" grinder just got it.

Didn't get much work done yesterday I did run the 14g steel for the fenders through the sliproll, now to make a mount for the fenders and mower lift and its time for paint.

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    What blade are u running in that chop saw?

Evolution rage 2, its getting dull now but still cuts, but I swapped it with a oslund 80 tooth had to cut 240 miters for a bunch of tables for out Brooklyn store.

Well, I used the mower last year and 12hp stalls out to much on what I'm cutting I thing its more of having a light straight blade, but I dug up 25hp B&S v twin, electric start, oil filter etc, 100% more motor. Down side I wont be able to put 25hp through s single B belt, So time to mod it!

I dug up a stump jumper for a 4ft brush hog, going to need a new spindle for that, I was on amazon and found a 15" QD bushing dual groove B sheave for $29.99 WTF! get in my cart! (its back up to $219.99 now lol), got a 4.5" sheave for the motor, Now the stump jumper was suppose to have a 2" bore, but what I got was 1.75" 12 spline some going to have to bore that out on the mill and use a SD bushing on the top and a cap with a recessed bolt on the bottom pulling the whole assemble up to compress the new roller bearings one they come in so I can turn a housing for them and the seals.... So much to do.....

So heavy even without the engine.

This pulley is going to be fun to get off...

**** it hammer time....Well there was some grinder action too...

They used a trailer hub as a spindle that's interesting, stupid blade.... stupid clutch....

New sheave of greatness

Got all the old brackets off, Not to weld up the new mounts out of some home made 2" z channel I have laying around.

Now to just get a small fuel tank, make the electric auto tension for the belts, make a remote tachometer, start/stop, tension panel.
    Get a battery from rual king, in monaca along with some 3 point stuff to make a make it fit my skid steer along with the trailer.
    Last edited by DeathBlade556; 04-22-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Started machining the new hub the other day,

I finally finished the spindle housing the other day and got the stump jumper machined and welded.

Thread Information