Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Thinking about getting out of the jeep world for a while - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting out of the jeep world for a while

Quote Originally Posted by always broke View Post
    Scramblur has a super nice tundra for sale. It's the older smaller version but still has the V8. That's what I would get. Has a bed to haul all your home improvement crap and still narrow enough to take mild trail riding.
    I love my 03 Tundra.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Yeah, what he said. 06 regular cab long bed. 116k miles. Basically just getting broken in. I really need to get serious about selling this. I really hate selling stuff.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    I love my 03 Tundra.

I want that exact truck. Sell it to me.

Hey you still interested in fixing my TJ?
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    I want that exact truck. Sell it to me.

Hey you still interested in fixing my TJ?
    I can't sell it, I just got done building it the way I like it. Actually I have to finish the bumpers and swap in the manual transfer case. Then its done.

Yes, after the holidays.

Whats the story on Toyotas 4.7 V8 ? I want to ditch Libs WJ and if I cant convince her to get a tahoe I think a 4 runner is in our future.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

I can't sell it, I just got done building it the way I like it. Actually I have to finish the bumpers and swap in the manual transfer case. Then its done.

Yes, after the holidays.
    Alright cool. That'll give me some time to install new brake lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Scout View Post
    Whats the story on Toyotas 4.7 V8 ? I want to ditch Libs WJ and if I cant convince her to get a tahoe I think a 4 runner is in our future.
    It is one of the best motors I have had. The white one has 228,000 on it and still gets run hard. They are supposed to get a timing belt every 100k or so and the starter is under the intake manifold so it will kind of suck to replace but we have 3 vehicles with the 4.7 over 200k and all have the original starter.

The 4.7 was somewhat rare in the 4Runner, most had the 4.0. The Sequoia is bigger and always had the 4.7.

The 4.7 got more hp and a 5 speed automatic in 05.

I would suggest you find one from out of the rust belt then oil or fluid film the undercarriage to avoid rust issues. But I suggest that with any vehicle more than a few years old in PA.

Steve, The Runner with a 4.7 isn't bad. I wouldn't trade a V-8 Grand for it but it's not bad. I just replaced the timing belt in an 2002 with 189K. The original belt was actually in great shape considering how many miles and age. Test drive one and see what you think.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

http://onslow.craigslist.org/cto/5904900443.html

I wonder what's wrong with that to warrant the low price. A million miles?

Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    http://onslow.craigslist.org/cto/5904900443.html

I wonder what's wrong with that to warrant the low price. A million miles?
    It is a scam. The weird stuff in the title gives that away. I think they do that to prevent Craigslist from picking up that it is the same ad in multiple areas. They are collecting email addresses.
    Last edited by DMG; 12-18-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandercj-7 View Post
    Steve, The Runner with a 4.7 isn't bad. I wouldn't trade a V-8 Grand for it but it's not bad. I just replaced the timing belt in an 2002 with 189K. The original belt was actually in great shape considering how many miles and age. Test drive one and see what you think.
    The V8s in grand cherokees have been junk. The transmissions and transfer cases as well. Also the rear axles in most years. But at least the electrical system and climate control was good. Oh wait.

We had an 04 grand. It needed work every month. Just like most of the grands I see at work. Sold it and bought a Land Cruiser with the 4.7. It is about 100 times the vehicle and doesn't break.
    Last edited by DMG; 12-18-2016 at 12:59 PM.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Mine looks just like his, sorta, if you look from the front, well it is white. The one you walked around when you picked up those springs. And it comes with a bed full of scrap aluminum!! I thought about a 4.7 swap into my LJ but the wiring/computer stuff scared me off.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Only 4 winters in the rust belt!

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I will never own another Grand Cherokee for the reasons Dave outlined and more. Ever. Great concept, poor execution.

What kind of mileage do the V8 Toy's get?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    I will never own another Grand Cherokee for the reasons Dave outlined and more. Ever. Great concept, poor execution.

What kind of mileage do the V8 Toy's get?
    Not so great. I have bigger tires on all of them so I am happy to see 15. The 4Runner is lighter and has a 5 speed auto so it does better. The 05 and newer trucks/sequoias/land cruisers may do a bit better with the 5 speed auto.

PghOffRoad Regular
    The V8s in grand cherokees have been junk. The transmissions and transfer cases as well. Also the rear axles in most years. But at least the electrical system and climate control was good. Oh wait.

We had an 04 grand. It needed work every month. Just like most of the grands I see at work. Sold it and bought a Land Cruiser with the 4.7. It is about 100 times the vehicle and doesn't break.
    the 4.7 in the 2002 we have is great. I did head gaskets back in 09" and did a h.o. top end kit when I had it apart. and I wouldn't trade it for any thing. the trans has been great as well, gotta drop fluid every 30k, and do both filters. I do hate the tranny speed sensors the t case is alright, other then the over priced fluid i'd like to swap in a 242 with a sye or give it a 241or. the hvac has been good, one minor problem was the plus that goes in the fan control box. a name that I can't think off ?? needed cleaned and in some cases swapped totally. the rear 44a is ok, the guts are stupide over price corvette crap, so well swap in a jk44 if it doesn't rust out before then. I guess ours was built on a Tuesday. lol

If you like it, fine but when someone asks for advice don't tell them a Grand Cherokee is anywhere near the quality of a Toyota SUV.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    That's what's funny Dave, 2 of my Aunts had 3 WJ's between them, all different motors options etc. Never had a lick of trouble but I WILL NEVER GO FOR A WJ. EVER. They got lucky, a few others I know did too but overall they sucked, I'll stick with XJ's and ZJ's until I find a proprely priced 4 runner or land cruiser LOL
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    That's what's funny Dave, 2 of my Aunts had 3 WJ's between them, all different motors options etc. Never had a lick of trouble but I WILL NEVER GO FOR A WJ. EVER. They got lucky, a few others I know did too but overall they sucked, I'll stick with XJ's and ZJ's until I find a proprely priced 4 runner or land cruiser LOL
    There are quite a few people on this forum that have had really awful WJs.

WJs are not good, Libs current WJ has been okay but not good. Tcase, oil pan, hvac issues. I think people like them that don't actually know what owning a good car is.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

WJs are not good, Libs current WJ has been okay but not good. Tcase, oil pan, hvac issues. I think people like them that don't actually know what owning a good car is.
    True. I also think part of it is expectations. A 2000 XJ cost about $20k. A loaded WJ cost almost $35k and was considered to be significantly more vehicle. But 16-17 years later the XJ has proved to generally be a more solid vehicle and has held its value better.

Also, Jeep is a "lifestyle" brand like Harley. So even crappy products elicit some pretty substantial brand loyalty.

Noob!
    The Toyota 4.7 is damn near bulletproof and the 4Runner is going to be far more reliable over its lifetime than a WJ in nearly every respect. Easily a 300k platform as long as all routine maintenance/rust prevention was performed. 2005-2009, the motors were built with VVTi. Toyota makes a TRD supercharger for the non VVTi variant ('03-'04).

The Lexus GX470 (120 Series Land Cruiser) is another great option with the 4.7. They're reasonably priced with lower mileage (70k-100k). Limited aftermarket in the US, but there are a few companies who make bumpers, sliders, skids, and suspension components.

If you like it, fine but when someone asks for advice don't tell them a Grand Cherokee is anywhere near the quality of a Toyota SUV.
    Truth.

Found this '04 Taco on Armslist, of all places! (Here in Pittsburgh)

https://www.armslist.com/posts/62473...sr5-trd-4wd-v6

I know NOTHING about Toyota's, THIS one included... but there you have it.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

$3800 seems to cheap for something that nice. Its its real its a deal lol Too much snow on the ground to be a recent pic. Looks to deep for what we've had so far this year.
    Owner

www.trailbrightled.com

Too good to be true. Scam.

There are some other nice trucks on CL for $2k-$4k when they should be $8k-$10. Stupid scammers.

Thread Information