Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

First timer build; Project XJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First timer build; Project XJ

Noob!
    So last winter was feeling pretty good about having brought this junked Cherokee back to life, knowing had replaced all the 'bad' stuff. Except the brake lines. Both fronts blew when I had to step on them hard and this happened. Mechanically fine and close enough to home so I drove it home after the incident using ebrake to stop.

Noob!
    So an accident but no one was hurt and the damage was all, um, superficial? Anyway needed a new bumper so ordered the JCR build it yourself kit and got my friend to use it as a teach me welding opportunity.

looks like you got a normal penn. xj there, looks good, keep up the good work.

Noob!
    So the accident did hand me the perfect opportunity to replace stock bumper by building this DIY one from JCR and upgrading the headlights to trucklite LEDs

Noob!
    learning to weld/fabricate with the JCR DIY bumper kit went well enough that moved on to building this brushguard from scrap handrail and steel pipe. Yeah, so it seems because I muddled through welding flat steel of same thickness Ok I shouldn't have gotten cocky, teacher friend had to step in quite a bit or I'd still be butchering it. End result came out nice though.

PghOffRoad Regular
    looks nice learning to weld takes time, not every time is like the last. it's a skill
    57 3b, 98 xj, 02 wj, an a go kart with boost

Thread Information