Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1999 1 ton TJ crawler, could be made street legal again

Thread: 1999 1 ton TJ crawler, could be made street legal again

1999 1 ton TJ crawler, could be made street legal again

This is my most favorite vehicle and has been my project/hobby for the past few years but it's time do move in to something different. I have tons of money and time into it but I know I'll never get it all back, however I do not need to sell it. Here's some info, there's so much done that I'll forget some things.

1999 wrangler sport
    90,000 miles, 4.0 auto
    It has highlined custom tune fenders front and rear. Smittybilts sliders and rear armor. Custom front bumper, custom flush mount rear bumper with swing down stinger/tire carrier. Flush led tail lights. Bedlined interior. Almost flat belly smooth skid plate. There is a partial vinyl wrap on it now that can be removed easily.

Drivetrain-
    Stock t case with JB conversions shorty sye.
    Adams rear driveshaft 1350 axle side u joint.

Rear axle is a 14 bolt, full artec truss with pinion guard and bridge. Ruff stuff 3/8" steel diff cover, TMR disc brake brackets, almost new rotors/calipers/pads etc. New brake lines soft and hard. Artec and ruff stuff brackets. Almost new 5.38 gears with Lincoln locker. New bearings, seals, and hub lock nuts.

Front axle is a 78-79 Ford Dana 60, fully trussed, new brake light is hard and soft, almost new rotors/pads/calipers, new king pins, new bearings, one new spindle, sky manufacturing high steer arms, newer 35 spline stub shafts, rpm "heavy duty addition" 35 spline drive flanges, 3/8" ruffsuff cover tied into truss. All ruff stuff/artec/ballistic brackets. Almost new 5.38 gears with Torq locker.

All the u joints are basically new. New front and rear yokes with u bolts.

Suspension/steering-
    Drag link and tie rod are ruffsuff, heims on all sides, pitman arm was drilled out for 3/4" grade 8 bolt, all steering bolts are 3/4" grade 8. Factory knuckles were also drilled out. Front track bar was relocated and is ruffsuff with heims on both ends. Everything clears without contact. Drag link and tie rod are almost perfectly parallel. Front axle is a 3 link, qa1 rebuild able joints on the lowers, heims on the upper, all adjustable. Front axle is stretched 3-4". Steering box was moved and replaced with a drilled and tapped box. PSC 6" hydro assist ram, set up nice and flat with a skid plate under it. Could use new hoses. Front has 3.5" metalcloak dual rate springs with 12" Bilstein 5100 shocks.

Rear is single triangulated 4 link, lowers have qa1 rebuild able joints, uppers are heims. All adjustable of course. Artec frame side brackets with adjustments for the uppers. Rear is stretched 5-6" and the frame was notched for the springs and shocks. 3.5" metalcloak dual rate springs and 14" Bilstein shocks. There is no body lift on this jeep. Because of the rear stretch the gas tank is currently in the bed. It should be replaced with a genright crawler tank or a fuel cell.

Wheels/tires-
    41.5" pitbull rockers, radials, only run a few times. 17" soft 8 steel beadlock wheels only run twice since the beadlocks were installed. They all hold air great.

The engine is basically stock with some stuff moved around from the highline. Really nice glass mat battery. Like I said I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but as I remember I'll add it. In my opinion the axles and wheels and tires are worth more than $10k alone. Jeep does have some rust spots on the under side of the tub, when it gets bad enough I was just going​ to get a new tub for a few hundred bucks. Frame had some reinforcements added but otherwise is in good shape.

Can be made street legal in PA and is probably street legal now in Ohio. Please no low ballers. The jeep was used for what it was built, and it is not in perfect shape, but it is in better shape than alot of jeeps you see on the road and isn't all dented up and Rusty looking. It's going to need a passenger side mirror, fuel tank, sway bar, reverse light and some small stuff for road use. This thing is very capable and I am very happy with how I've built it. If you have anymore questions or want to see it please pm me.

I am looking to trade for a nice LJ, or towards a 3.6l jku or 3.8l only if it's a rubicon. I will add cash if need be or​ vice versa. Let me know what you have!

Asking price is $14,500

Thanks,

Adam
    Last edited by adamc55; 04-01-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Last edited by adamc55; 04-01-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Bump, changed some info in the description, added different trades and a price

Price drop- I took $1,000 off the asking price for a quick sale and because I noticed the front floor pans will need fixed up.

Now asking $13,000

Thread Information