Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best way to flush out taco shits

Thread: Best way to flush out taco shits

Less posting, more wheeling!

Best way to flush out taco shits

My XJ has the shits in the radiator. The heater core hoses are full of crunchy shit but the radiator and other hoses seem good. I was told this was caused by using tap water in the cooling system and now its my job to fix the ****up.

What's the best way to clean out this crap? Are there certain flush chemicals to use?

"You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I usually just stick a garden hose in the rad and let it flush, I know that you can buy chemical flushes that is supposed to get rid of things like this but anytime I have done a flush I just used a hose until it comes out clean. I would flush it, get as much water out as possible and put in store bought 50/50 in there. It’s always worked for me anyway.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Yes, try the garden hose method first and flush the heater core backwards before you flush it in the normal flow direction. If you still have an issue with overheating or something then try the chemicals. You can pull the rad and or heater core and take them to a radiator shop to have them properly cleaned out but that doesnt help if you have gunk in the block too.

I have no overheating issues. I drove it 2 hrs with the hoses clogged and it stayed about 215 the whole time.

Well, a little preventive cooling system maintenance never hurts. Brake fluid and coolant seem to be the two fluids people assume never break down/collect crud and require changing now and again.

I just did the EX's YJ last year and it was nasty as all hell. I started with the garden hose pressure wash like everybody has suggested, then I did the over the counter flush just to get all of the tap water out. After I drained that I did distilled water and coolant just so I didn't have to deal with that shit again. If I'd realized it was going to be her problem alone soon I probably wouldn't have been as thorough.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    Well, a little preventive cooling system maintenance never hurts. Brake fluid and coolant seem to be the two fluids people assume never break down/collect crud and require changing now and again.
    I will tell that to the PO. This is on a 2000 XJ that I just got for 800 bucks.

I am in the process of flushing the system on my 00 XJ. I have distilled water with flush chemicals in it and been running it for about 20 minutes. Heater is on high heat and fan setting on 4. There is only cold air coming out of the vents but the engine temp is at 210 and holding. I have some water being forced out of the radiator cap but I think the cap is bad cuz it looks old. I'm hoping it's not the head gasket doing that.

The main radiator hoses are hot but the heater core hoses are not. Seems like there is no flow to the core.

I also noticed the AC condenser kicking on every 10 seconds. Not sure if this is normal.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i6mN8mycY1TdsSs92

Any ideas what's going on?
    Last edited by muddeprived; 10-16-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Never mind I figured it out. Turns out there was an air pocket somewhere in the system. I had to unplug a heater core hose and let fluid flow out to get it going. It all works like it should now. It blows hot!

I used to fill the XJ coolant system with the front end up in the air, sometimes parking it on a bank with the front end 4 feet in the air or so for air bubbles to get out, especially with the older closed cooling system on the Renix XJs.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    ^ that's how I've done mine
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

So I had a bunch of water/antifreeze flush chemicals spray out of the t-fitting last week and land all over my tarp. I let it sit there and evaporate for a few days and ended up with what looked like oil. Smells like oil too. So I am assuming there is oil getting in the cooling system? Is this a head gasket issue?

Is your engine low on oil?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    Is your engine low on oil?
    Not really. I have not changed the oil yet so I dont know how much was originally in there but its within the full mark.

Thread Information