Thread: Any interested in a 2dr 5sp XJ rust reclamation project?

Any interested in a 2dr 5sp XJ rust reclamation project?

I have a '96 that's been sitting with no attention for too long. I parked it when it ran out of inspection possibly 10 years ago and have barely touched it since.

There are major holes in both the front and back floor. I started on the front, got frustrated, moved and that was that. It didn't help that I haven't had a DL in nearly 8 years (diagnosed epileptic) and the house that it lives in is an hour away (Pleasant Unity).

I do have a full Omix-Ada front replacement pan that will go with it, and the holes in the back are in mostly flat areas. Oddly, the rockers are completely solid! The frame rails are also solid despite being filled with surface rust.

Throw ins will be the floor pan, a Con Ferr roof rack, a nearly perfect shape replacement interior (sans carpet), Rusty's 4.5" lift springs and shocks, 31"x10.5"s on Soft 8s and a 4+ foot long Jeep dealership sign (very important stuff).

Mechanically it was solid and ran and handled fine. (this is where I add "ran when parked" :p)

I'd say that the best bet would be to drain and replace all fluids before trying to start it but if you're interested and have a jump pack you could give it a shot and see if it will fire with the existing gas.

$1500 for the whole shebang. I think that's fair for the adds plus throwing an old XJ in for free. Shoot me an email (anodyne33 gmail) and we can chat about it and I can send you pictures of the cancer damage.

Shane
    Last edited by anodyne33; 10-24-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Hey folks, I may be out at the house in PU Thursday night. If anybody is interested and comes by with $1k and a trailer I can bring the title.
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Jeep is spoken for. Anybody interested in the Conn Ferr rack, wheels and tires, lift or Rough Stuff diff covers (d30/ 8.25")? RE heavy duty track bar too. RE1600(?)
    Last edited by anodyne33; 11-27-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    PM'd you about the Conn Fer rack
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Pm sent

Thank you Keith and ridgerunner and it was great meeting both of you. Particular thanks to Keith for finding a buyer for the Jeep that evening after the last buyer bailed out! I liked your moderate pressure sales technique on Brian!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by anodyne33 View Post
    Thank you Keith and ridgerunner and it was great meeting both of you. Particular thanks to Keith for finding a buyer for the Jeep that evening after the last buyer bailed out! I liked your moderate pressure sales technique on Brian!
    Haha no problem! It was fun making him spend some $ for a change.

Trail Leader
    Still have the wheels?

Nope. See previous post.

Thread Information