Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My first Jeep Build in nearly a decade...

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I had a similar chirping noise from the double cardan joint in the rear DS and it let go on the highway, taking the transfer case with it. I would put that on the top of your priority list if you're driving the TJ frequently.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    I had a similar chirping noise from the double cardan joint in the rear DS and it let go on the highway, taking the transfer case with it. I would put that on the top of your priority list if you're driving the TJ frequently.
    No doubt. It's high on my list. I was thinking the same thing when I heard the chirping and felt the vibrations. I don't drive it much, which is why I waited until this weekend.

PghOffRoad Regular
    It's been a while since I last updated this here. Life has just been crazy busy and honestly, the Jeep hasn't been getting the amount of drive time it deserves. Performance wise, everything has been great since the last round of upgrades. But it's fall, so I'm back at it. Ordered my tummy tuck with engine skid from undercover fab. Figured before I put that on, I'd replace the clutch, oil pan, and exhaust. While I was at it, I ordered the rest of the control arms I needed from Rusty's along with a SYE from Adam's driveshaft. And because why not, I added headers, a cold air intake, and a new larger throttle body. Also, during teardown, I decided to swap out the shocks because they're shot... As in the rears collapse and don't rebound. My 5 year old could compress them! Throw in a few odds & ends and I'll be busy for a while. Pics to come!

I would love to see more updates of your build.

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    Yes more pictures

Thread Information