So I decided to go play in the snow a little after work today and apparently something broke in the front end of my WJ... I honestly can’t say if I broke it today or not because the Jeep drives normal with no unusual sounds or handling, etc. and I did have it swamped a few weeks ago. What happened is I was going up a hill (had radio turned up so I never heard a sound) and the Jeep was spinning like crazy and not really going like it should. I have only had this jeep for a couple months and I never actually needed 4wd in the snow yet, I was just thinking wow this thing sucks! When it stopped going forward on the hill I noticed a grinding sound from the right front and the front wheels weren’t spinning. I stopped and put the Jeep in neutral which let whatever is fu**ed up in the front end engage and it pulled out fine with working 4wd but it would just kick out again in a few yards and start grinding. It honestly sounds like a right front axle spinning in the hub but I don’t know. I don’t hear any noise from the front cv joints when driving or anything but I’m not going out in 5 degree weather to craw around under it in my driveway.
Anyone have any ideas on what I broke?