Thread: 00 XJ 113k Junking it unless someone wants to buy it. $800

Less posting, more wheeling!

00 XJ 113k Junking it unless someone wants to buy it. $800

2000 XJ Sport(?)
    AW4
    Green/Teal

Story:
    I bought this strictly to be a cheap beater. The PO hit a deer on the driver's side and did not want to pay to fix it so I scooped it up and replaced the damaged parts. I repaired everything required to pass inspection but came across an issue that got me waving the white flag. I was offered some quick cash from a salvage yard and going to take it there unless someone has $800 laying around and wants to take it off my hands.

Problems:

Not inspected. I fixed all the major issues (Evap leak, Shocks, Ball joints, Wheel bearings) but have not had it inspected yet due to the next major issue I found which was some black mold on the corner of the heater core. This requires a bunch of work to remedy. I have picky sinuses and not going to deal with it. From what I've gathered, you can clean the core with Foaming Evap cleaner and bleach. There is access to it when the blower is removed or you can pull the dash for full access to the heater core.

What I have done so far:
    New shocks
    New plugs
    New coil pack
    New thermostat
    Flushed cooling system eleven hundred times. It is GREEN.
    Replaced power steering pump with another one from Daveys.
    Replaced passenger side ball joints and both wheel beaings.
    Semi-new calipers
    new brakes pads and rotors
    Drained and filled Trans fluid.
    2 year old Crown HD steering with a new driver's tie rod (original had stripped threads)
    Replaced damaged E-fan, driver's fender, front grill, and headlights.

The jeep runs but feels like it has a slight miss but it runs, shifts, steers, and stops. Heater and A/C work. Windows go up and down (passenger front has a mind of it's own). I drove it to and from work (shhh!) a few times and I am still alive. It is a unique two-toned jeep with a green body and teal header panel(could not find a green one that did not cost a fortune). Would make a good trail rig or something to shoot at.

$800 OBO or it goes to the yard. I am losing a shi$ ton of money on this but it is what it is.

PM for pix.

Thanks

Chris
    Wampum, PA

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ct...504443447.html
    Last edited by muddeprived; 02-21-2018 at 02:13 AM.
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Still have it?
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

No, sorry it was sold last week.
    "You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter"

Thread Information