Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

apparently i'm having my midlife crisis

Thread: apparently i'm having my midlife crisis

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

apparently i'm having my midlife crisis

I've always wanted one. and i think their prices are bottoming out. I picked up a really nice 2001 corvette coupe. I looked at FRC's and Z06's but for my price range (right around 10k) this was the one i liked. 2001, 106k miles, has ride control, 6 speed, power sport seats with memory, auto climate, and painted roof (i prefer painted over clear).

It's currently at pittsburgh pro care getting a paint correction and ceramic coating. that navy blue paint is gorgeous and the swirls and factory orange peel was just letting it down. It came with a decent axle back exhaust, B&M short shifter, and rear sway bar (still figuring out if they're z51 or eibach). and the usual lloyds mats and stuff in it. Overall i'm very pleased with the car. But being me a few things are on the way...

First off, those wheels aren't bad but they're showing their age a bit. So i have a set of TSW's in gunmetal on the way wrapped in Nitto Invo's (305's out back, 275's up front)

and because those 18/19's are going to show a lot of brakes... i went ahead and ordered a set of these front and rear

along with braided steel lines.

I also have a Vararam cold air intake with power tube on the way...

And, because getting these in the air is a pain in the ass. I ordered a quickjack:

https://youtu.be/jsL9cUIiha0

Yesterday moved all the shelves in the garage to the left side to get ready for the car/lift to come in

That may not look like a big deal but it was a huge task. I still need to finish organizing and putting tools away and stuff. But i wanted to get it set up so all my tools/car items were on the right side where the car is. so i no longer have to walk across the garage to grab tools (seems like no big deal but it's annoying)... also, the garage already has a bose surround sound system in it. But the upstairs TV in our family room has lines going through it. I dont' think it's dying but it's annoying. BUT, that makes a perfect garage tv! so the 50" LCD is going on the back wall with a fire stick. So i can have tunes/shows/whatever on while i'm wrenching

anyway... figured i'd share. Still on the hunt for an LJ or CJ or something too.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    "apparently I'm having a my midlife crisis"

Something tells me you're just getting warmed up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    "apparently I'm having a my midlife crisis"

Something tells me you're just getting warmed up. :P
    lets just say superchargers are within reach right now lol

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Soooo... the LS swap IS done; it's just down to 1 tons & 40's then?
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

halfway through paint correction... i'm excited lol.

Started working on it last night... first off. i love the quickjack!

https://youtu.be/U1aIgn18nTs

Got my wilwood brakes on. stainless lines. Test fitted my wheels to ensure brake caliper clearance. new forged wheels are in. and the new tires are a little wider than stock

so i got it put together

Looks awesome, man!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    You know I am very close to not having a vehicle payment any more, then you start posting all kinds of corvette pictures on here...

It looks really good by the way!

Thread Information