Thread: something dont seem right

something dont seem right

I'm kinda new here. Not really sure how this works either. But i thought the title here indicated some OFFROAD fun? I just got my buggie ready and nowhere togo yet. i cant even seem to find a small spot locally to try out b4 towing to Timbuctoo and breaking shit the 1st five min and having to return home very prematurely. Its happened b4, Yankee Lake, 95 miles door to door, 5 min later, broken r/f axle, then 95 miles home. lol. Not much fun really. Was really hoping for some closer to home adventure. South Hills Pgh. The other issue is having some1 to truck with. Maybe i shouldof put an on\offroad truck together to hook a turn off the pavement to where ever. But still no1 to truck with. Do you guys actually go wheelin? Or being a newbe to this site, exclude the likes of me and the other lone wolfs?

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I know there are some random illegal spots to wheel for an hour or so around the south hills, but if you want to wheel for a day or so, then you need to truck it. But it sounds like your shit isn't ready to go anyways, so what's the point?

We put together some runs through the year, but the activity here isn't what it used to be for sure.

Trail Leader
    Use the Google? Southington Offroad has events once per month, Phoenix offroad various times throughout the year, Rock Run every weekend, Scrubgrass had events a few times a year. I like to truck girls

Yep my shit IS ready togo. That's why I'm asking. Thanks for replying

Thanks, Ill look alitta harder at some of your suggestions.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    It’s cold outside and there are about 10-15 active users on this forum these days (if that), not going to get wheeling trips every weekend bud. We should get some monthly trips going again though.

Well i just took a look at your suggestions. And thax again. But not really the route i was looking for. Id have to sell more parts off my piece to pay all the fees involved. Was looking for the free fun, lol, i guess nothing is free tho. Maybe i should keep playing in traffic...

Yea i guess the cold aint helping either.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbucket View Post
    Yea i guess the cold aint helping either.
    That and my junk is.... well junk.
    It’s either I take my daily (don’t want to wheel that hard and break it) or I finish zip tieing my Zuki back together and borrow a trailer for the day... not worth it to go freeze my ass off. I do ride my quad fairly often but this isn’t really an atv site. It’s winter time and I typically spend my free time poking holes in paper with various firearms this time of year.

PghOffRoad Regular
    It's Springtime and everyone seems to be itching to get out and wheel. I know I am...

Unfortunately, having grown up in the south hills, I know there are no more legal spots to wheel, unless you know a land owner somewhere. Luckily, if you read enough of the older posts on here, you'll learn about places like Casparis, or Blue Hole, or Wellsville, or any other number of spots we've gone before. And yeah, they're a little bit of a hike, but nothing too terrible.

Also, Something to keep in mind... if you had a wheeling spot that was close by... that maybe it was legal, maybe it wasn't... would you openly share it with a group of strangers who you know will go looking for it? I absolutely hate the whole "put in your time, newb" BS that can come along with internet message boards, but some of it is there because people are protective of their favorite wheeling spots.

I'm getting my ride ready for this spring. But like many, I haven't had enough warm, wife-free days to finish everything, let alone plan a trip. There's a "Topless for Tatas" Jeep ride in May at Phoenix Offroad park. It's $25 for the day, or $40 for the weekend. I see you have a buggy, the first open weekend at Phoenix is April 21st. Those trips are $20 for the day and $30 for the weekend. If something hasn't been planned on here by then (which I highly doubt, I think there's enough interest to have a M&G and a possible outing), those are always good events to go and meet some like-minded people.

I hear ya. And figured the secret little spots wouldn't be openly advertised. Maybe a pay park might be an option. I'm just itching like many i guess and patients are not my high point. All in do time i guess...lol

Official Meet and Greet Coordinator Alley's Avatar
    I'm kinda new here. Not really sure how this works either. But i thought the title here indicated some OFFROAD fun? I just got my buggie ready and nowhere togo yet. i cant even seem to find a small spot locally to try out b4 towing to Timbuctoo and breaking shit the 1st five min and having to return home very prematurely. Its happened b4, Yankee Lake, 95 miles door to door, 5 min later, broken r/f axle, then 95 miles home. lol. Not much fun really. Was really hoping for some closer to home adventure. South Hills Pgh. The other issue is having some1 to truck with. Maybe i shouldof put an on\offroad truck together to hook a turn off the pavement to where ever. But still no1 to truck with. Do you guys actually go wheelin? Or being a newbe to this site, exclude the likes of me and the other lone wolfs?
    Welcome... I apologize for the present activity of the forum. It is more of a "glory days" sort of thing. We used to be very hip and cool.. now yeah not much activity. Tried bringing it back a time or two but the number of active members just isn't what it used to be. Plus my Jeep is currently getting an Engine rebuild, a new transmission and a clutch..then getting monstalined in the process. I'm the breaker of all things Jeep, its a title I wear without honor. My little beather with a heater Tracker hardly gets me to work in an inch of snow let alone to enjoy PghOffroad for what the title represents. So Please...pardon the cobwebs!!
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Less posting, more wheeling!
    There are also a few clubs in the area, that you could look into joining for help and places to go. I'm a member of Steeltown Offroaders (our Facebook page is more active!), and prospective members are invited to wheel with us - so you can meet us, see what we're about, and have some extra help on an outing; so you don't get stuck all by your lonesome!

Check out some other area clubs as well - maybe one will be right for you!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Will do. I break a lot of crap too. Usually the stuff i didn't want to break or actually thought that wasn't the weak link is the quickest to go ..

Will do. I break a lot of crap too. Usually the stuff i didn't want to break or actually thought that wasn't the weak link is the quickest to go ..
    Always a reason to upgrade, I hope you stick around this is actually a pretty good place with good people. Even if they don't say much I know they still look now and then I'm really hoping perhaps we can bring it back.
    "Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    That’s a good one, pardon the cobwebs

I didn't leave yet. lol

I didn't leave yet. lol

I haven't either... I keep meaning too. But, then I forget!

Thread Information