Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
This Old Skid Steer....

Thread: This Old Skid Steer....

Less posting, more wheeling!

This Old Skid Steer....

This week on This Old Skid Steer.......

If your wondering about the pictures I'm trying to screw around with google pictures.
    Forget embedding from drive using instead imgbb

Well its the 1979 New Holland L-425 build, I got this last year at an estate auction for $1800, and a few hours hi-jinks and checking wires and finding that the fuel pump went bad after the second time cranking it, a new fuel pump, then getting it stuck in a the neighbors front yard we finally got it into my buddy Joes box truck.

Then back to techshop to work on it forked the skidsteer out of the at like 12pm, so I could fix what I knew what was wrong.
    Then got cock blocked by the horse police, as they prepared to sally forth and smash from foul commies.

Dug some holes at joe's house, so he can park his RV in it.

More unloading hi-jinks at my place. Want to know how many 5 gallons buckets it takes to make a ramp for a skid steer.........

Took some time to make a ketchup bottle for redbull

Yes, The Hanz tamoto ketchcup

And a bridge

Now finally to working on it!
    First pull the Hyundai catalytic converter the previous owner used as a muffler off. Swap on a muffler for a Ford N tractor.
    So much quieter, and starts easier now to.

Now some new tires, take them off why is this one so heavy!?!?.....Foam filled.......Time for the HF electric chain saw of victory!

Time for some new boom sliders, gone 1970's aluminium, in 2000's HDPE ( I knew keeping all the plastics scraps would come in handy some day only took 18 years.....

New tires. Now I make some clamp on pallet forks for the bucket, try to lift a quarter filled IBC tote only 120 gallons of oil I should be able to lift this. Now I Start Thinking, the previous owner had made a stupidly heavy Frankenstein bucket cut off the quick attach and made pin mounts and put new ram mounts on the boom for the bucket. So my 1000lb capacity is mainly used on the bucket. So time to make it quick attach once more!
    Immensely heavy bucket, its made out of 1/4" plate and 3"x3"x3/8 angle, and and 3"x1/2" flat on the bottom for slide and cutting edge its stupid heavy, 4"x1/2" for the back mounts then he used thin wall 3/4" pipe for the pin mounts....

You can see the old ram mounts and the new mounts on the boom for the bucket

Got the quick attach mounts and a plate, and the plate was bent in shipping, I'll fix it but now I have to make mounts...

Milled some brackets and bored some holes.

Latch arms get in the way of the mounts cut and flip them I'll have to cut them down and use a pipe on them later they stick out the side of the bucket.

The top pin is so close

Start cutting and mounting parts, then find out I ran out of gas, time to see how stick welding is with the mp210, not bad actually.

Need some new pins, There is now a RualKing were the sears was in the beaver valley mall!, and they have standard/metric bolts by the pound.....SQUEE!!!!

Time to weld up some quick attach pallet forks, and to start on the new mystery project, The pulley seems like it will come off easily....

And a for your viewing pleasure a scissor lift on a pallet jack on a scissor lift going onto a dock plate

Last edited by DeathBlade556; 03-30-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    [I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Your threads always deliver.

Here is the bridge, with the build team.

Edit: seems Dave Craweley blew out his spleen in the belly flop.

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-ra...s/201802070158
    Last edited by DeathBlade556; 03-30-2018 at 09:20 PM.

I finally got around to welding up the pallet forks I started when I put on the quick mount the other day.

The forks are sections of 3"x7lb channel with a 1/2 plate guesset on the inside.
    Down side while I can lift things now I need a counter weight, thought I am getting practice one driving one with the front wheels.

Thread Information