Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Exhaust Shop with a Mandrel Bender

Thread: Exhaust Shop with a Mandrel Bender

Exhaust Shop with a Mandrel Bender

Do any of the exhausts shops in the area do custom mandrel bent exhausts? I'm near Johnstown/Altoona and every muffler shop seems to just do press bends or orders a kit.

I can import a 304 stainless system that will bolt on but with shipping it is going to run over $1,500 for 2 3/4 inch diameter. I was looking for something besides buying a universal kit from ebay, cutting it up, and finding someone to weld it together. Probably only needs to be 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inches.

I have an old toyota diesel that I recently turbo charged and the stock exhaust isn't cutting it.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    In North Huntingdon PA there is Hahntown Automotive, Dane Frye owner, and I believe Burkhart's has one as well but could be mistaken. Dane bends though or at least he had a bender a few months back
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I can't help you out there. But near pittsburgh i had rudolph's do the CJ8 exhaust. mandrel 2.5 with a magnaflow muffler and nice tip all welded stainless for around 600 bucks!

That was manifold flange all the way to tail pipe. parts and labor. and he did a beautiful job
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Just to update. So far I found Steve's Auto Service in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio and Mandrel Bending Soluations in Pasadena, Maryland as the nearest two. Everyone else that got back to me said they only do press/crush bends.

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    Do you have a picture of the truck?

Quote Originally Posted by ln106 View Post
    Just to update. So far I found Steve's Auto Service in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio and Mandrel Bending Soluations in Pasadena, Maryland as the nearest two. Everyone else that got back to me said they only do press/crush bends.
    If you use adequately sized pipe there is no real benefit to mandrel bent.

I remember back in the day I made an exhaust from an old school tube rollbar, Marty McFly style. I’m sure there are a ton of those laying around on craigslist.

It needs to cross under the truck to avoid the fuel tank so it has pretty many sharp bends. I hear mandrel bends will drop EGT's in turbo applications so I'm hoping it can let me turn up the fuel pump more also. Might not make a difference but I got most of the info from Australian forums were they were pretty insistent to go that method.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    I remember back in the day I made an exhaust from an old school tube rollbar, Marty McFly style. I’m sure there are a ton of those laying around on craigslist.
    haha the answer to my exhaust has been bolted to the pickup bed this entire time.

Holy hell that is awesome!

Thread Information